New build for insiders releasing soon? Anything new from Gabe??

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Having seen the 950's running an obvious, internal build, I can't find anything about the next preview build, or a prospective date for the next TP. Gave up with last one.

Last edited:

vladtdr

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I want to know this aswell...also im expecting better battery life!that's the only reason i'm on 8.1 atm...i can deal with lag and errors but battery is really bad on 930

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Battery is terrible on my 930. Even without use I noticed it gets extremely hot in my pocket and with no use phone is just about dead after about 6 or so hours. Most of my apps are set not to run in the background. Never been like this on 8.1.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I saw something on Neowin citing some Facebook post mentioning a December release date ...

buy it came from Facebook, so it may or may not be bull

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Gabe and his team were probably working overtime to make sure that the demonstration pieces were as slick as possible for yesterday's press event. They're probably travelling back to HQ today and will continue testing and polishing the next flights over the next few days.

I'm not really expecting him to jump on any buttons immediately.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In all fairness, it's also been several weeks since the last update.

That's the second most overused phrase on the forums, after "seems faster"...

We know from experience that builds are released as and when they're ready, not just out of some arbitrary whim.

It could be one or more of these reasons:

1) There's bugs that need to be ironed out
2) There's cool stuff coming that the team would like to finish before releasing (there wasn't a whole lot of new features in the last build, so Microsoft doesn't really want people complaining about there being nothing new)
3) The team has been busy with this press event and literally doesn't have time to build/test/release a new build at the same time

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I will probably go back to 8.1 I was hoping that they would have a new preview out for us now. But alas it doesn't look that way.

Such a tough decision. I love various features of 10 but miss 8.1 stability

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I messaged Gabe on Twitter but no response yet. We are overdue for a new build. My Lumia 830 gets worse by the day in responsiveness and performance. I know I'll be doing a hard reset, I would just rather do that on a new build.

Peter McNeill1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
He posted earlier today:
Gabriel Aul ‏@GabeAul ? 7h7 hours ago
@Mark_Siepel No new builds today. We have a Mobile build in final ring, but we've been chasing a challenging bug on PC so need time there

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
If you read Gabe's twitter,he has definitely been giving the impression there will be a build soon,looks like tomorrow or Friday,but could be next week

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
If you read Gabe's twitter,he has definitely been giving the impression there will be a build soon,looks like tomorrow or Friday,but could be next week

It also gives the impression that he is waiting for the PC bug to be fixed before releasing both the PC and Mobile build together.

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Judging from previous builds, if this build makes it through this final internal ring we should see it on our devices in a day or two. Gabe clearly says they need more time on the pc build but nothing is mentioned about any connection between the two. I'm getting a 1520 in the next day or two and would love to have a new build to try out on it!

PaulSidebotham

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Exactly the situation for me. Apps are opening at a glacial pace now and battery life is terrible. I'm going to hard reset tonight if there's no news on a new build today.

JR Messina

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I was at the after party event on Tuesday in NY. I was checking the build numbers on the demo units and they all had a build about 100 higher then the current build (forget the number). Hopefully if they felt comfortable with the build to use as a demo we will see it soon. Also one of the reps had a phone that had a build significantly numbered higher. When I was checking it out he commented it was a daily build. Hoping that if we are at a point people are running daily builds while out traveling that this is a good sign of stability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb