New build for insiders releasing soon? Anything new from Gabe??

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Gabe did mention a while ago that there were "extreme flight" builds that are intended for internal testing only (although he did tender the idea that consumers could opt into that ring at some point).

We don't hear about this any more, I suspect because the team knows that almost everyone currently on "fast" ring will jump onto the "extreme" ring and immediately complain about bugs and things crashing. Regardless of the difference between the "slow" and "fast" rings, most people are in fast and assume that it's good enough for daily use without crashing/lagging/battery draining.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Will be next week:

Telemetry on the mobile build in the MS ring had too high a crash rate, so we're taking a couple of key fixes and re-spinning

Yes, re-spin means: code change, re-build, validation, re-flight internally. A few days to do, not weeks.

There I was hoping today or tomorrow.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
This is something I noticed over the last couple of days, too... Out of nowhere all apps need a good 30 seconds or so on first start after a reboot. This issue wasn't present directly after the upgrade to 10536, but only appeared recently.

For now I'm back to 8.1 on my 1520.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
They must still be working a lot on the OS if putting a good build together still looks like an accident. These are no finishing touches yet.

Last edited:

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
hat's the second most overused phrase on the forums, after "seems faster"...
It is the public perception and not "wrong".

We know from experience that builds are released as and when they're ready, not just out of some arbitrary whim.
Insider program for desktop is showing regular and steady improvements. Insider program for mobile is pathetic compared to it's desktop counterpart; one step ahead followed by one step backwards.

1) There's bugs that need to be ironed out
That's the second most overused phrase on the forums, after "seems faster"...
Seriously: it is a preview so bugs are expected. It is just another excuse. And there have been builds pushed out that were really cr*ppy.

2) There's cool stuff coming that the team would like to finish before releasing (there wasn't a whole lot of new features in the last build, so Microsoft doesn't really want people complaining about there being nothing new)
Cool stuff... cool presentation on october 6th...everything cool. Fact is: W10M even lacks some features compared to WP 8.1 or has them but with crippled functionality (glance screen, VPN support etc.).

3) The team has been busy with this press event and literally doesn't have time to build/test/release a new build at the same time
Just another excuse. Aside from that I not expect the staff digging deep in program code to help putting the chairs in the right place and clean the floor in NYC.

They must still be working a lot on the OS if putting a good build together still looks like an accident. These are no finishing touches yet.
LOL. You really believe in that to happen? It is almost certain even the new 950 will come with only a polished build. Far from RTM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre