Will I be able to get the go to market version if I install preview?

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
If I install the W10M Insider Preview, and uninstall the Windows Insider app after the install, will I get the 'go to market' version of Windows 10 Mobile once it releases? I know I can go back to my prior version (I've bounced back and forth a few times) but I'd prefer to install the preview, then have it go directly to the 'go to market' version, without reverting back first.

anon(9573638)

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
The PC version of Windows 10 basically had the RTM release a week or so before the rest of the world. So you would get the RTM version though, but it will continue from there probably. Microsoft website says the following:

"If after installing Insider Preview you decide to return to Windows Phone 8.1, you'll need to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool. This is the only way to opt out of Insider Preview—uninstalling the Windows Insider app alone will not restore your phone to a previous version of Windows Phone."

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I should restate my questions...

I would like to install W10M now, as an insider preview. I do NOT want to go back to 8.x, but rather use the insider version of 10, until 10 is RTM. Can I go directly from insider 10 to RTM 10 once it is available?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital