10-17-2015 05:40 AM
53 123
tools
    I am glad that finally an experienced developer can say the same things I've been saying all along, and I've been nailed down for them eveytime by fanboys! Windows 10 for phones is close to release and is far, very far from finish. Look at the overall behavior on most devices! because let's face it, most devices are at least midrange with 1GB of ram and QC at 1.2GHZ. How does it work?? Loading.... Resuming...lags etc. The same goes for older models: 920,925,1020,820. While 930 and 1520 are the ones that can barely run it more flawlessly, are not the only models that people have!! AGAIN, many have midrange models, many won't spend such cash to buy the new 950s, or don't want to. MS cannot simply release this OS with such performance flaws! It doesn't matter anymore that is a beta! it is close to finish line, it should NOT behave like it does, it should not drain the battery like a powerhorse, it should work MUCH better on all devices that at least have 1GB of RAM.
    Very few here are realistic and have done a comparison on 8.1 and 10 on performance on various models. It's clear that 8.1 is flying and 10 is like a dead snail!...ok not really a dead snail, alive snail but still SLOW!!!!! And the user interface, shrinked down PC look a like, mixed up hamburger and pivots..well this is another thing that the design team at MS has done an embarrassing job at...
    I have also had a 1020 that lucky for me did not suffer from the freeze issue after 8.1 update. 10 on it was a real pain! :( all this and the lack of apps and updates to those apps made me jump ship. Still I feel that I really miss my WP and from this my anger against Microsoft! NO QUALITY AT ALL!!! after so many years...maybe Panos got some sense into those two new lumias...
    Have you used the 10549 build? Because all speed concerns are gone in that build, so the main gist of your argument no longer holds true. Yes there are still plenty of bugs, but none have to do with speed at least. Battery is still a concern though, I'd hope they will deal with that next.
    10-16-2015 03:47 PM
    Have to disagree. I installed it on my Lumia 640 today and it's downright AWFUL. It chugs at many functions, apps crash randomly, battery life is unbelievably horrible, and the UI is a ******* trainwreck of damn near unreadably small fonts. It's not even as good as Windows Phone 7 was *five ******* years ago*.

Some big issues:

Mail App: Tried pinning my inboxes to start, since the piece of **** doesn't let you arrange them the way you want like in 8.1. They didn't appear. Until THIRTY MINUTES LATER, when I randomly went to check a text message and saw multiple copies of several inboxes.

Can't easily swipe over and sort by Unread, have to use a menu. STEP BACKWARDS, hello Android and iOS knockoff land!

Windows 10 mobile is like iOS 4 on the iPhone 3G was. It's so incredibly awful it's making me seriously consider using my upgrade on an iPhone 6S.
    10-17-2015 02:55 AM
    For me the reason I've gone back to W8.1 is because W10M is plug-ugly and I really miss all those UI innovations that made WP8.1 so unique and desirable, and which have been deliberately abandonded in W10M in order to allow easy porting of Android and iOS apps.

Now it's just like using an Android phone with live tiles. Dreadful decision, in my view, and I am really upset by it because I love WP8.1 and want to stick with a Windows phone. Now I'll be using WP8.1 on my 1520 until it goes wrong, and then I'll reluctantly have to switch to Android.

After all, why mess with a half-baked Android wanna-be like W10M when you can have the real thing?
    Kram Sacul likes this.
    10-17-2015 05:40 AM
53 123