Latest Here Drive and Here Map's updates get stuck

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had a problem with updates getting stuck for a couple of builds but the latest Here Maps and Here Drive updates won't install.
Tried a soft reset etc, all other apps update ok.

I am installing to phone memory on 1520 - anyone else had issues?

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Jepp, same here. Can neither finish update nor uninstall Here Drive+... uninstalled Here Maps when I saw the update, do not use it anymore, anyway.

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I myself have been using it for a while, and just as this update came, the update not only didn't finish, but also made the apps useless.

I can't even uninstall and re-install at all.

Arsynic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Trash both apps. The native Maps app has both capabilities. Even though my Here apps downloaded fine, they were buggy and couldn't do simple stuff like work with Location Services.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, switch to MS's Maps. It's been working real well for me. Better than HERE because I can just use Bing Maps on PC to sync favorites and I don't have to mess with two different HERE apps. Just more integrated experience if you use MS account to save favorite locations.

DimplesMcGee

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried to uninstall but they seem to have made HERE Apps system apps as long pressing reveals that it is greyed out. I prefer Maps but for a laugh I like to have Sufer Dude give me directions in HERE Drive. I will miss the dude. Anyone know how to uninstall the apps as they're stuck on my start screen now.

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
For those having trouble uninstalling HERE, try this - go to phone settings > date & time > and set year to 2116 (i'm not kidding). Then try to run HERE app, it should pop-up window with working Uninstall button, press it and it should work now.

joannieh

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I had to completely uninstall Here Drive. Now I can't find a download site that works. The one I did find forwarded to a Windows website that said that this page doesn't exist. This is garbage. I like the app. But, what the heck.. They update it to delete it???????

mihnat

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I had to completely uninstall Here Drive. Now I can't find a download site that works. The one I did find forwarded to a Windows website that said that this page doesn't exist. This is garbage. I like the app. But, what the heck.. They update it to delete it???????

I did a hard reset for another reason and chose restore from an earlier backup and HERE maps and drive were back. Granted pretty heroic but maybe worth a try.

alb3530

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
"Here Maps" in my phone is a "lost" application.

If I go to the Store, it tells me it's installed.
If I go to apps list, it doesn't appear.
If I go to Storage, it doesn't appear.

Best regards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans