Windows 10 mobile build 10549 its on available on fast ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Ha, I had just rolled my 1520 back to 8.1 yesterday. Will give it a go to see if it's less aggravating as the last build. The last one was almost there for me. A few glitchy things and some slow loading at times. Hey Cortana never worked right for me so I don't miss it..... Installing now.

StygianSentinel

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Ha, I had just rolled my 1520 back to 8.1 yesterday. Will give it a go to see if it's less aggravating as the last build. The last one was almost there for me. A few glitchy things and some slow loading at times. Hey Cortana never worked right for me so I don't miss it..... Installing now.

I rolled back to 8.1 yesterday too. (1520 as well) please let us know the results. If this build is stable enough, I may jump back in.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Ugh... I literally went through this *yesterday* trying to get my phone up to fast build. I just got all my apps reinstalled.

This would be a lot easier if I didn't have to re-do every little thing every time. I don't remember desktop windows 10 beta being this much work. LOL

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
My initial impressions are positive. Everything pretty snappy. First time opening some apps lagged a bit but not since. Did not do a hard reset. Will take some time to see if any bugs exist but for now everything OK.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Is update from 10536.1004? My HTC One m8 says I'm up to date, I know I'm on the fast ring too, or do you need to roll back to W8.1?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait till they fix it....I don't want to downgrade...

Co-sign.
I'm not going to bother with this build on my HTC One M8. Its running just fine with with 10536. And besides, Rolling back to 8.1 to install an incremental build of an OS, THEN installing all my apps again is mad laborious. After the apps are back, then you have to reset the screen arranging icons, log into to all the stuff all over again. Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it. Man, that's cool if you have have a lot of time but I don't for this build. Gabe said a new version will drop after they get feedback from this release, so I'll just wait. Too much work for some smiles and a larger text box.

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Has MS said that a future build will be upgradeable from 10536.1004? Or is a downgrade to 8.1 inevitable? I can't find an official statement on this...

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
had my 640 xl dual sim backed to 8.1 then upgrading to the latest 10549......scared me ! as it stayed in the 'black screen ' for quiet sometimes..... i was thinking the upgrade is failed.......
after staying in the black screen for ages ( 10 mins or more without any sign of progress), it finally displays ' almost done,...' the whole upgrade process is very slow compare to the last 10536 release. so if you have experienced the black screen, just wait for at least 10 mins or more. i think this version still has bug for upgrading. finally it updated. i dont feel the performance improvement at this moment. so i am going to do a hard reset and test again......

the 'migrating your data' process 1 through 9 takes some times to complete.

update for the 'hard reset': the phone is on the charger, then after reset, the phone stays long time in the black screen before powered up again. this also happens when i changed the language , need to re-boot the phone - it take long time to staying in the black screen before being able to powered up again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon