10-21-2015 07:48 AM
701 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Installed on my 1520 yesterday. Was running great with no real issues until today I noticed my battery draining way faster than normal. Usually I never have to worry about battery. With my normal usage I end up with about 50% left after a day's use. Today I didn't make it through a day. Looks like Cortana is using a lot of battery. Going to try a hard reset and see how she goes tomorrow. If it still drains fast I'll roll back to 8.1
    10-15-2015 11:35 PM
    Battery drain for me on 10549 is random, was losing roughly 10% per hour in the morning with some texting and some music. Put her on the charger at lunch and in the afternoon was 2-3% drain per hour with same use.

Wish they nail down why the messaging app eats so much battery.
    10-15-2015 11:43 PM
    It's already there if you sign into the phone with your email!
    10-15-2015 11:45 PM
    Great build, but is anyone having issues with OneDrive and File Explorer transfers? I go to OneDrive to copy something from that to my phone and when i select where i want to save it File Explorer exits right away and OneDrive shows file transfer complete, but it doesnt show up at on my phone or sd card locations.
    DeepK7 likes this.
    10-15-2015 11:55 PM
    I've found if you have a lock screen PIN enabled, car connected Bluetooth can't read your texts to you
    10-15-2015 11:56 PM
    Well how do you generalize the users? From their posts (detailed)? How many 1520 users who posted are you talking about here? Assumptions or conclusions?

Anyways, I do understand it's STILL BETA. And I am sharing MY experience based on how my phone works on this build - not out of pure 'excitement' because it's a new build. FYI, I've been doing BETA tests since the 1990's and one of the things I learned is to be more objective as possible.

Yes I did. I got the next update right after.
    Ok, senior tester. Yeah you're right. The only solution is go back to 8.1. Unless you want to continue being frustrated, after all you've been since 1990.
    10-16-2015 12:01 AM
    Quick tip - for those having store issues (or other general app issues) in 10549. Do a SOFT RESET (camera + power + vol down) and it will clear up things. The Soft Reset does not clear out the apps or settings, I think it clears out temp system files.

Build 10549 works great on my Lumia 1520, though I decided to HARD RESET and then restore with a backup from the previous build so I would have my apps, messages, and email accounts setup (and all my wifi accounts). That actually works fine, so a good way to get your settings back quickly while staying on 10549

I did notice after doing that the store was giving the 0x80246008 error and it was slow or nothing was downloading. I did a quick SOFT RESET and it booted back up quickly the store was back in action quickly loading all the apps (as it was when I installed 10549 originally).
    mjyumping and fjordstrom like this.
    10-16-2015 12:11 AM
    Lumia 1020 here
    Upgraded directly from 8.1 cyan. First update was to a semi denim version - 270MB
    Second update process took me to 10549 - 750MB

Pros
    Lumia camera is back and no way am I hard resetting the phone
    Start screen has more space.
    Cleaner look
    Love the text size slider, pushed the scaling to 175%
    All my data is still there, photos, texts, contacts, even whatsapp messages
    Better action center
    Did I say Lumia camera is back? :-)

Cons
    Music app is giving me errors when playing most of my songs. I'll try copying them back from the pc
    Can't get to task viewer by long pressing back button. I read another post with the same issue but it's do with scaling issue. I'll change and see
    10-16-2015 12:27 AM
    When I press long back for task view it shows me grid! no more single line, now its grid, lovely.

All this because of scaling, default is still single line.

So it works even with scaling, most likely it does not work for you because of no hard reset?

PS, im on 930 and 250%
    fjordstrom likes this.
    10-16-2015 12:31 AM
    Onenote needs to be updated to universal app! I think it looks better and is faster in 10549 but it did crash once when opening a notebook, but was OK when I relaunched with the notebook there. Can't complain too much/

Why can't you enable stylus support in OneNote for Windows Phone ?!!!!! It would make my meetings so much more productive. Yes I have a Surface Pro and an iPad but I don't always carry them around.

MSFT - please add to the next update, can't be that difficult.
    10-16-2015 12:35 AM
    To me, the biggest improvement in this build is that the phone doesn't only vibrate once while ringing and then stop. It vibrates throughout the call like it should've many years ago! :D

Apart from that, I actually thought restoring the backup would re-install all the apps I had installed during the backup as well. But it didn't.

The phone app seems to be crashing as well. Don't know what the reason is. A soft reset hasn't helped as well. :(
    10-16-2015 12:35 AM
    I'm using this build on L720.

After some idle time it starts 'windows logo' screen saver. Does anybody knows how to disable it?
    Also, hard reset is not showing in 'about' settings. Did they change it or I am the only one with that issue?

EDIT: Also, why does Groove requires data connection? It doesn't shows/plays the songs in my SD card unless data connection is on.
    10-16-2015 12:47 AM
    Data usage and wifi usage is not working. It's just showing zero
    vodda likes this.
    10-16-2015 12:49 AM
    multitask menu for phablets
    Sounds really interesting. but i don't get what " multitask menu for phablets" is. could you please explain this if possible with a screen shot?. with this scaling option in the new build i hear lot about "Phablet mode'. it sounds like something like tablet mode on W10 but don't know how it works.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    10-16-2015 12:52 AM
    When I press long back for task view it shows me grid! no more single line, now its grid, lovely.

All this because of scaling, default is still single line.

So it works even with scaling, most likely it does not work for you because of no hard reset?

PS, im on 930 and 250%
    It's an issue with Lumia 1020 as far as I can tell.

If I scale to 200%, the task view comes but if it's on 175%, it doesn't. Which to choose?
    10-16-2015 12:55 AM
    With the new bugs and app problems, RTM will have slipped to 2016
    10-16-2015 12:57 AM
    I would hate if this is true, but perhaps...

The Redmond giant back in July had come with a list of handsets likely to receive the Windows 10 Mobile update which includes Microsoft Lumia 430, Lumia 435, Lumia 532, Lumia 535, Lumia 540, Lumia 640, Lumia 640 XL, Lumia 735, Lumia 830, and Lumia 930.

So maybe microsoft is working towards improving WP10 for these models and thats why many of us have almost flawless experience on their models while others experience headache. Maybe microsoft will first optmize WP10 for some models and added more later, if at all, maybe they just wanna sell more newest models...
    10-16-2015 01:02 AM
    Anyone else having issues with the phone app?

I downgraded to 8.1, got 10549 and again hard reset and backed up a backup I'd made just before downgrading. The phone app was alright until this morning where it began to act up and kept crashing everytime I opened it.
    10-16-2015 01:09 AM
    Phablet mode means, I think, using two apps side by side. One on top of each other for example
    10-16-2015 01:21 AM
    Phablet mode means, I think, using two apps side by side. One on top of each other for example
    How can this be done in latest WP10?
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    10-16-2015 01:23 AM
    Im using l625 and after 5h of using this build im happy this is everyday useable, instalation took only 2h and before took 5 soo good job microsoft
    10-16-2015 01:47 AM
    hard reset...you will get it back.
    Without hard resetting? I have a lumia 1020 and I don't want to hard reset.

Ps: the app is there somewhere since I can play videos when I go to files and select the video
    10-16-2015 02:01 AM
    Great build, but is anyone having issues with OneDrive and File Explorer transfers? I go to OneDrive to copy something from that to my phone and when i select where i want to save it File Explorer exits right away and OneDrive shows file transfer complete, but it doesnt show up at on my phone or sd card locations.
    I am having exactly the same problem but didn't find a solution yet. It's the only serious bug I found so far!
    Alphonso Burks likes this.
    10-16-2015 02:02 AM
    Overall much better. Less lag, start screen comes up fast as it should.

A few odd things on my 1020
    - I don't have Cortana, just Search. When I opened it, it went through setup like Cortana and as far as I can tell, it is Cortana, but its called Search.

- When I make text smaller and enable more tiles, it looks great, but the long press on the back button no longer opens the multitasking screen. If I drop back to normal, it comes back.
    I have the same issue, can't get to task viewer when at 175% scaling. I've submitted a report via the feedback app
    10-16-2015 02:04 AM
    Totally disappointed.

faithful to the insider program until this build...i rolled back to 8.1...i reinstalled everything....then when the 10549 finish the download and finally make the re-boot...it keeps rebooting...no recover. Only using the recovery tool i was able to get the phone back...

My mistake? I did it twice....same issue.

Now i am stuck in 8.1...so frustrated.
    10-16-2015 02:09 AM
701 ... 910111213 ...