Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
re: Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

One good new thing: you can now set default camera app; either microsoft camer or lumia camera.

PS, I find microsoft camera faster, thats why I use it, I guess lumia camera app still needs some work.

Set default camera app was available before also_Only you will notice it if you have two camera apps.
Yea.Camera app is faster.its taking only 01.93 seconds to 2.64 seconds only

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile build 10549 its on available on fast ring

For 1020 users: Just make sure that you DO NOT hard reset after installing the preview and try to recover an old backup. That will wipe the Lumia Camera off and it cannot be reinstalled. I did exactly that mistake and I am now reworking my way up to the preview, slowly.

BTW, did you otherwise build the 1020 from scratch in the preview or just updated an existing setup?

Last edited:

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

update: finally installed all my apps. the phone is a bit more smooth than 536, and most apps get installed (but still 5 apps has errs and refuse to install). most mentioned bugs in 536 have been fixed. i would say that i can use it as my daily driver.....i just dont want to go back to 8.1
update for the store: some times the store shows apps installed even those apps have been removed previously. so i have to power off and on to fix this problem.

Last edited:

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

Interesting, I had two camera apps, but was unable to change default camera app. I know this for sure as I had to pin default m$ camera to start because of it.

Does updating motion data works, does it complete?

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site

Interesting, I had two camera apps, but was unable to change default camera app. I know this for sure as I had to pin default m$ camera to start because of it.

Does updating motion data works, does it complete?
yea.It got updated for me.Have you tried double tap to switch off feature?

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Two glitches I've noticed so far...

Cannot schedule quiet hours. You turn the setting on, but the box you set the times with does not appear.

Unable to add addition app notifications to the lock screen. You can add them, but they don't work and when you go back to the settings, they have disappeared.

Doesn't heat up as much now though...

Lock screen icons are definitely broken. It constantly shows I have 3 unread emails, when I don't.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

There is this amazing size scaling feature in the settings which gave my 735 the multitask menu for phablets and 5 icons in the action centre when it's not expanded. I can even get the option to show more tiles so that each row can be filled by 4 medium sized tiles. It's really cool.

this is amaaaaazing... i feel like i have new phone. the text is more crisp

what size did you use?

i set my 930 on the lowest, i think 225%.

update: my 930 just got waaaay more faster after i did this.

Last edited:

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

So, here's my full list of bugs and feedback for improving Windows 10 Mobile starting from Build 10549 (I'm testing it on a Lumia 920)

Windows 10 Mobile Build 10549 - BUGS AND FEEDBACK LIST

UPGRADE NIGHTMARE:
  • Only way to upgrade was to downgrade from 10536 to 8.1 Cyan via WDRT Desktop app, then upgrade 8.1 Cyan to Denim, then 8.1 Denim to 10549. It took literally HOURS, and it went wrong too;
  • Upgrading from WP8.1->WP8.1/Denim->WP10549 goes wrong: apps were missing, wrong apps texts on App List, Internet Explorer instead of Edge, Settings and many apps won't open. The only workaround was to shut down the phone, and doing a further Hard Reset via Power and Volume keys. Then 10549 was finally installed correctly (another hour wasted);
  • After reinstalling Windows Insider app, and re-enrolled to Fast Ring: another upgrade with "Fast configuration update" was triggered, so ANOTHER HOUR WASTED;
  • PLEASE IMPROVE UPGRADE EXPERIENCE: Both from WP8.1 -> W10M, and from Old W10M build -> to new W10M. Always doing Hard Reset after an upgrade is NOT acceptable.

HARD RESET + NO BACKUP = PERSISTENT PROBLEMS:
  • Some Store apps fail to update/install on first try (they gave an "Error"). I had to retry at least 5 times, and than they were updated/installed successfully;
  • Settings pane crashes when trying to change Action Center triggers;
  • New Messages app and Skype Video have bugged label on Settings->Phone and Settings->Messages (when selecting default text and video apps);
  • Groove Music stops playing music when other media content is loaded in the player (like it should be)...but then can't be resumed from the same time/seconds returning to Groove app;
  • Camera App: swipe from left to right to smoothly load Camera Roll photos is missing. A downgrade compared to stock 8.1 Camera App;
  • Many animations are missing: for example opening Edge "Hubs" button, Edge "Tabs" button does not trigger any animation, and the next menu just appears like Windows 95. It happens many times with many OS menus, very ugly and a regression compared to WP8.1 smooth transitions;
  • Action Center needs blur/transparency like Windows 10 Desktop;
  • Edge ABSOLUTELY needs an AdBlocker or TPLs (Tracking Protection Lists) support. Both on Phone and PC. See new iOS9 Beta native ad-blocking features. It's night and day browsing after that;
  • Edge doesn't have "Google" search engine option instead of Bing;
  • Live Tiles sometime flickers and/or not update themselves;
  • Swiping down the Action Center still has some lag/delay before it shows itself, at least the first time after boot;
  • Calendar Live Tile doesn't update itself;
  • Messages app is a bit slow to open;
  • New Outlook app could be even faster to open;
  • LinkedIn is no more integrated in People App.
  • Performance is SO MUCH BETTER than 10536 on Lumia 920, I would say almost close to 8.1.2 . Very good improvements after all, but it could be even better (some "Loading/Resuming" screen still appears);
  • Battery drain is still much worse than WP8.1. More Optimization needed.

A solid improvement from 10536 anyway.

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site

I will note down something that I have observed

Time Test
=================================================================================================

Boot from off -----------------39.86s
Open camera app-----------01.93s - 2.64s (depends)
autofocus----------------------02.5s (moving from one image to another)
Open phone dialer pad----02.97s
Open store app--------------07.76s - 09.25s(depends)
Open MS Edge--------------09.86s (Open the browser and let it load the default page)
Shutdown---------------------04.23s(phone is in start screen and no apps running in background)

=================================================================================================

* Film & TV app is not visible in app list
* In messages in settings,the default app selection box is small and is not selectable
* Motion Data is back in privacy in settings and search app has access to use it
* Mobile Hotspot-The no of devices connected and their details are shown as a table
* Double tap navigation bar to lock the phone (I really love this feature which was there in lumia 950 and 950XL.
Now we can double tap to off and double tap to on.Wow!)

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

So, here's my full list of bugs and feedback for improving Windows 10 Mobile starting from Build 10549 (I'm testing it on a Lumia 920)

UPGRADE NIGHTMARE:
  • Only way to upgrade was to downgrade from 10536 to 8.1 Cyan via WDRT Desktop app, then upgrade 8.1 Cyan to Denim, then 8.1 Denim to 10549. It took literally HOURS, and it went wrong too;
  • Upgrading from WP8.1->WP8.1/Denim->WP10549 goes wrong: apps were missing, wrong apps texts on App List, Internet Explorer instead of Edge, Settings and many apps won't open. The only workaround was to shut down the phone, and doing a further Hard Reset via Power and Volume keys. Then 10549 was finally installed correctly (another hour wasted);
  • After reinstalling Windows Insider app, and re-enrolled to Fast Ring: another upgrade with "Fast configuration update" was triggered, so ANOTHER HOUR WASTED;
  • PLEASE IMPROVE UPGRADE EXPERIENCE: Both from WP8.1 -> W10M, and from Old W10M build -> to new W10M. Always doing Hard Reset after an upgrade is NOT acceptable.

• Some Store apps fail to update/install on first try (they gave an "Error"). I had to retry at least 5 times, and than they were updated/installed successfully;
  • New Messages app and Skype Video have bugged label on Settings->Phone and Settings->Messages (when selecting default text and video apps);
  • Groove Music stops playing music when other media content is loaded in the player (like it should be)...but then can't be resumed from the same time/seconds returning to Groove app;
  • Camera App: swipe from left to right to smoothly load Camera Roll photos is missing. A downgrade compared to stock 8.1 Camera App;
  • Many animations are missing: for example opening Edge "Hubs" button, Edge "Tabs" button does not trigger any animation, and the next menu just appears like Windows 95. It happens many times with many OS menus, very ugly and a regression compared to WP8.1 smooth transitions;
  • Edge ABSOLUTELY needs an AdBlocker or TPLs (Tracking Protection Lists) support. Both on Phone and PC. See new iOS9 Beta native ad-blocking features. It's night and day browsing after that;
  • Swiping down the Action Center still has some lag/delay before it shows itself, at least the first time after boot;
  • Performance is SO MUCH BETTER than 10536 on Lumia 920, I would say almost close to 8.1.2 . Very good improvements after all, but it could be even better (some "Loading/Resuming" screen still appears);

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

on the last build on my L830 my GPS failed many times
is this better with this build

navneet kumar5

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

I am trying to install on Lumia 625. After restarting , system is taking around 5 hours to install. Have anyone also faced this issue?

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Just had to log in to note your ignorance...
The average consumer will be COMING FROM WINDOWS PHONE 8.1 ANYWAYS... -.- gosh

Since you and someone else called out my "ignorance" before you clarified what I was talking about, let me address this. I wasn't talking about having to roll-back to 8.1. I was talking about having to do a master reset and potentially needing to do so without restoring back-ups to get a decent W10 experience which was mentioned a few posts before me. As I said MS can't expect the regular consumer to accept and go through this experience (8.1>W10>Master Reset). They need to FIX their upgrade process. That would, of course, also impact our experience upgrading from build to build, but we can deal with it.

Now thanks for calling me ignorant for misunderstanding my post...and have a nice day.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

OK, all of sudden my 920 started to get hot out of nowhere and drain battery like crazy. Drains faster than Qi charger can charge. So it's in constant reboot-but-shutdown-due-to-low-battery loop.:straight:

update: Stays on with the Nokia wall charger. Will turn off Cortana now. Damn, the build was so good until this.

Last edited:

hazqeel

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
on my lumia 720 unable to download any updates from store when i try to open download and updates in store app it freezes. When i start store app it shows on top 25 downloading apps but it is not downloading anything

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
3 hours in and I have had no issues. Fixed the preview for my mailbox as it wouldn't utilize the live tile.

Everything feels snappier, apps don't glitch nearly as much opening and I haven't experienced any freezes yet. Battery life still needs optimizing and I'm hoping that is going to be a big focus soon.

Using an HTC One M8.

can you lock/unlock with double tap? i can't... with the previous build i was capable to at least lock with double tap

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

For 1020 users: Just make sure that you DO NOT hard reset after installing the preview and try to recover an old backup. That will wipe the Lumia Camera off and it cannot be reinstalled. I did exactly that mistake and I am now reworking my way up to the preview, slowly.

BTW, did you otherwise build the 1020 from scratch in the preview or just updated an existing setup?

Thank you for this, you saved me a lot of time on this

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

UPGRADE NIGHTMARE:

Great list . Be sure to see w @gabeaul

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

The messaging app now shows profile picture on the left side of the screen, clicking each will make you jump from conversation to other. ! nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6