Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
My phone is done with it's initial syncing of backed up texts, OneDrive photo in the Photos app and other new install duties.

All apps are "closed" (x out) and took it off the charger at 9:52AM Central..will report back how it goes..

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I started yesterday around 1:30ish pm and finished around 5:30ish pm on my Icon. There was rescaling once completed and saw the 5th tile in the notification center. After seeing the video when scaling it'll add that 5th tile when its at 225%-250%, once changed to 300% it's only 4 tiles again. My main problem with the last build was not being able to see any new text messages or emails and those were 3 days back with out anything new. All my old custom message tones and ringtones were back which was cool. The camera settings ate different too compared to before, which is in all once central area now and the camera comes up pretty quick as well. Back is heating up while in this but not terribly "game" hot. That's about it for now.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920 here. Feels definitely zippier. I was having doubts with this build but after all the work to install it, it IS an improvement over the previous one.

Can't say if the Cortana thing is too bad, but I guess I can manage for a couple of weeks without her. If not, I'll just turn her off and on. It's a shame though. I just hope it only works as bad as the previous build and doesn't maeke the phone comparatively worse.

Scaling is a MAJOR improvement overall for the OS, it really adds to useability for people who can't see well, as well as options for whoever has a smaller/bigger screen.

Bugs:
- I have a hard time changing the default actions assigned to the 4 buttons. Especially with the one that shows rotation lock. When I touch it to change it, instead of the pull down menu, it lingers for a bit, then crashes to start screen. In my pre-restore install I managed to change it by choosing another one of the buttons which had another function to rotation lock, so they'd swap. Can't do that now, it's weird but not overly annoying.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, hard reset on my 920 and things are running smoother.

App status:
I have a bunch of larger apps I'm waiting to re-install/update since I don't have WiFi here, and my data is mostly up for the month.
6tag and Fitbit are working. The Podcast app pulled back all my podcast subscriptions.Texting/Messaging seems to be working again.

Camera app is slick, love click and hold to take video. Surprised that when offered to pull photos from the video I had to get a plugin, but that's better than not having the option. PS, I was shooting video while streaming Pandora through BlueTooth headphones, it was pretty smooth.

Glitchy:
Task switcher stutters as you slide through running apps.
Still getting some times where letters on the keyboard disappear or are shaded different. Swiping down notifications stutters, and sometimes the icons don't all display.

Bug:
I've been trying to change what is in the third quick setting slot. Right now it's Rotation lock, and when I go into System - Notifications & Actions and click that slot, I end up on the Start screen.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 here. options for whoever has a smaller/bigger screen.

Bugs:
- I have a hard time changing the default actions assigned to the 4 buttons. Especially with the one that shows rotation lock. When I touch it to change it, instead of the pull down menu, it lingers for a bit, then crashes to start screen. In my pre-restore install I managed to change it by choosing anther one of the buttons which had another function to rotation lock, so they'd swap. Can't do that now, it's weird but not overly annoying.

I had the same problem when trying to change Rotation Lock. Don't know if the problem was with RL or just that 3rd button from left. Either a soft reset or waiting for app updates to complete made it work.

EDIT: After testing out that 3rd Settings button from left by changing it to a few different quick settings toggles, exiting settings and toggling I've found Rotation Lock to be the only culprit force closing Notification settings when I try and change it to a different option. Since all apps are updated guess I'll try soft reset again but think I screwed myself. D'oh!

EDIT2: Same problem trying to change Quick setting button 1 from left which is set to WiFi. I don't want to change it but if I try it force closes Settings > Notifications.

Last edited:

Ajay Dwivedi1

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
It is much improved build compared to 10536.But Still some performance improvement is needed on lumia 720.Still battery drain and heating problem is there.Overall it is nice build....

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

So if I roll back to 8.1 can I restore from back-up and move up to the new build and repeat the hard reset, restore from back-up process? Or does this force me to have a phone without any of my data, starting from scratch?

MS REALLY needs to fix the upgrading process. They can't expect the average consumer to go through this junk, especially if it means losing their data, just to get the new OS running good on their phones. They are having too many regressions and stubborn bugs.

Msft doesn't expect average user to do all of this, that's why this is Insider Preview Builds and you opt for it so stop that kind of talk

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
One hour later on standby and a few times of light use, 91%....So about 10% an hour...heavy use, I'm sure, will bring it down...will test that later...

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Msft doesn't expect average user to do all of this, that's why this is Insider Preview Builds and you opt for it so stop that kind of talk
Once again...I'm talking about the 8.1>10>Hard Reset path. Not the roll back. The rolling back to 8.1 is an issue in and of itself.

Alescro

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
It's good but I am experiencing problem with Onedrive app. I am not able to retrieve files from the cloud... I always get an error message while downloading, asking me to try again in a few minutes...
Anyone got the same problem?

BetaRelease

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

I just reset back to 8.1. I have the option of restoring data from my backup. However, I want to skip this step, get the latest windows 10 build and then restore my data. Will if get the option to restore my data if I skip it now. I don't want to bother restoring 8.1 data if I can do it later after installing win 10.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Here's the all-important question!

Does Candy Crush Saga work?

Yes it Does!!! :wink:

But it does drain the battery, even if you're charging at the same time.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Here are my 2 cents on Build 10549...

I came from Build 10166 (the last Slow Ring build) - and it was ok. But lately it seemed that it was slowing down and heating up - not good! Then I read there was a new build after updating my PC (how convenient!) and went back to 8.1, then Build 10549. It was faster than I expected (from 10166 to 8.1 to 10549 in less than 45 minutes).

About this new build, it's snappier than before, less loading, faster camera, and doesn't warm up as often doing small, average tasks. Playing games or anything requiring more obviously will make it heat up. Just charging it make it hot (unlike 8.1). But it seems to cool down pretty quickly. Movies & TV seems to be missing from the app list, not much of a problem for me. My Start screen is full of apps, so once in a while, it hiccups and jumps into position instead of scrolling smoothly, that's ok. It's just really improved - again, I'm coming from 10166, most of you were on 10536, so it might not seem so different performance-wise.

The big question, is it daily-driveable? I've had it for almost 24 hours, and I definitely recommend it, especially for Slow Ring members!

PS: I'm testing it on a Lumia Icon (930 for you international folks)

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Holy #$%& this thing is inhaling my battery. I went to a one hour meeting, came back and it's nearly dead. In total I'd call it under two hours and I was down to 10%. Woah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99