Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorganRW

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

The average user will not go through this. You are going through this because you chose to test an unreleased OS. And they even said you can wait for the next build if you wanted to avoid the rollback to 8.1. The rollback was required for this build because MS wanted to test the update process from 8.1 to W10 which will be the experience for the average consumer that you describe. Personally I think MS needs to do a better job screening people for the insider program. I don't understand why people sign up to be an insider and knowingly install a not ready for release OS and then turn around and complain about instability, bugs, and upgrade quirks. If you are going to be an insider, bugs and problems are part of the program folks. If one cannot deal with the problems then they should roll back to 8.1 and wait for the final release. Not trolling here. Just stating a fact.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Sent this bug report:
In Edge, when adding a new page (tab), the text field where you type your URL or search phrase is white back ground and it appears text is white too. So not visible as you type. If you "blindly" type a valid URL and the page loads, THEN you can edit that URL and see what you are typing.

This is basically a default (mostly impersonalized) load of 10549. I noticed this bug before and after a hard reset. (I was happy with performance before the hard reset, but thought perhaps this bug would remedy itself)
Lumia 1520
Anyone else have this issue?

Otherwise, this build is very slick on this device. Love the glance screen being back to fully functional. Notifications and double tap are working nicely.

Still waiting for text messages to rebuild from the last couple of years, seems to be hung. But this build is crispy(er) than previous.

FernandoDB

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
i got the same bug :( hope they fix this soon

Sent this bug report:
In Edge, when adding a new page (tab), the text field where you type your URL or search phrase is white back ground and it appears text is white too. So not visible as you type. If you "blindly" type a valid URL and the page loads, THEN you can edit that URL and see what you are typing.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Finding battery is a lot better on 1020. I don't have cortana on though.

Annoyed I lost Lumia camera again along with mix radio! I should have restored on 8.1 then got the apps I need like Lumia camera then backed up again, then upgrade and hard rest then restore. That may have worked?

Noticed a issue with quick notification in action centre. The 1st and 3rd can not be changed as the settings just crash!

Update: sorry I see this is mentioned above. I was reading from the beginning

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Also found updates pause in the store when the phone is in standby? Seems like WiFi just stops working. Woke up a few times and found nothing had been install. Those half way through had errored and had to do them again?

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I made it from 100% at 9:52 AM to 1:30 PM today and down to 48% on my ICON with mostly standby time and light use...Cortana is on.

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
So far this build is much smoother than tue last one: shorter loading screens, fewer lags, fewer app crashing, better battery usage, glance screen is fully back
But it has a lot of little bugs: white URL text in Edge, can't add or change apps in glance screen, design color changes randomly and sometimes I have more than one color (live tiles have other color than everything else), can't use Truecaller as default caller app, Store updates needed three or four restarts of my phone until all were installed because it got stuck, can't set notification settings (I can turn notifications on or off for different apps, but I can't turn only vibration off or use different ringtones for different apps and such things)

All in all it feels much smoother. It's the first build I could recommend using on a daily driver. But the last build worked like a charm on the first day, but got worse day after day, so I wait a few days before I can give a final statement and/or recommendation.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Also found updates pause in the store when the phone is in standby? Seems like WiFi just stops working. Woke up a few times and found nothing had been install. Those half way through had errored and had to do them again?

Yeah, I saw that too. Just thought it was the WiFi where I was. Perhaps a setting regarding background processing? Or Low power mode?

Joel S.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I made it from 100% at 9:52 AM to 1:30 PM today and down to 48% on my ICON with mostly standby time and light use...Cortana is on.

100% at 7am, was 18% when I just plugged it in at around 11:30. Not good... Cortana is off, Search is showing heavy battery use. :/

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Not thrilled. It's the first version to break Navigon app. The app now has issues with my Windows Live ID so it won't work at all. Can't download maps or anything.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Very odd how everyone is having all these weird issues. I guess i'm lucky i'm running the lumia 830 which apparently Satya uses. My guess is he has moved on to one of the new lumia's though. Everything is functioning perfectly for me. I wonder what the differences are that would cause these weird issues. I did uninstall a lot of my games/apps prior to the update as I didn't want it downloading everything at once when I updated. I only kept really small stuff. Then after all the updates I installed all my games and apps. Curious if that could be part of why I lucked out. But man running it all day today and it has been the best experience yet. I hope this continues. I also got another load of app updates today.

Sagar Barua

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Better than previous build. i used this build without hard reset the phone in my lumia 620.its runing good but still sometimes phone loading too slow. some of the building apps load slowly.Need to run faster in 512MB ram phone. Otherwise its a good build update.

CrownedMartyr

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Sent this bug report:

Yup, I see this bug too.

MobileOperator

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Guys, i have a lumia 520, just enrolled the insider program, the update is ready but before i install, i want to ask if its okay to go on according to your experience with the build so far. Its my daily driver but i dont do much stuff cause of work, Just calls, whatsapp, twitter and fb. Is it okay?

Thanks in advance.

freddiet22

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
same thing I had a problem with my 1520,contact live tiles would not show the picture, and the custom ring tones would not load a few apps were buggy I'll wait for the offical release. On my sons 640XL runs ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte