Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdpg2

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Other then the upgrade being a PIA (starting from 8.1) the build feels much smoother on my 928. Once everything was done I did a hard reset just to ensure the cleanest install. I am going to use this build as my daily driver, so far after banging away on it most of the day it appears to be rock stable. I will however note that battery life doesn't feel as good as before, but I was using my camera far more often then with prior builds (since it works now).

solarscreen

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Installed it on my Lumia 640 LTE and really liked it over the previous build. I noticed it kept showing I had one txt message in the live tile but when I opened the app I could not find the unread message so I did a hard reset for a clean build to see if that would fix it. When it came up it said I was on 8.1 again? SO I am reloading again. Is that what others who do the hard reset see or was something not right on my phone?

skhwoody2201

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
This is preview software and we install it knowing it is not complete, but people whine on as if it is an RTM release. If rolling back and re-installing and having bugs and issues is a gripe, then stick with official RTM builds. If you are wanting to assist in shaping the final build this is what the preview is.

I get sick of people saying that's it I am off to nexus or iPhone etc. Fine if you want their phones go for it. If you want a windows phone and don't want issues just wait.

There RANTY SHOUTY RANT over.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This is preview software and we install it knowing it is not complete, but people whine on as if it is an RTM release. If rolling back and re-installing and having bugs and issues is a gripe, then stick with official RTM builds. If you are wanting to assist in shaping the final build this is what the preview is.

I get sick of people saying that's it I am off to nexus or iPhone etc. Fine if you want their phones go for it. If you want a windows phone and don't want issues just wait.

There RANTY SHOUTY RANT over.
Welcome to the site! :)

Arievl

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Still working like a charm on my Lumia 735. Battery life is also good, but I must say I always turn off the ability for most apps to run in the background, so that saves some juice. Also: Don't know if it has any effect, but after an update I always do a hard reset without using a backup when setting up my phone.

Update proces was a bit slow indeed. I noticed that when data is being migrated it only has 7 or 9 steps instead of the 20+ steps with former builds.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
So, 24 hours with the new build.

Yesterday, most of the day, I ran my 920 with the new build, a hard reset, and no WiFi while at work. When I got home I was able to get a Fast Track update for the build, and finish reloading.

A couple of us noticed App updates not completing when the screen went to sleep. After the second update that seems to have been fixed.

Overlays are still very glitchy with anything that seems to 'float' or hover over, like the notifications/actions area, the 'slide down to power off', the task switcher, and any keypad including the lock screen pin pad.
6tag hung for me, requiring a reboot, but it seems to be working now.

Base functions (phone/text/music/bluetooth) seem to be working.

Some status icons at the top, Cell/Wifi/Battery disappear at times. I would love to see the battery meter at the top every time I look at my phone, but I have to swipe from the top to see it come back. Not sure if this is by design or not.

Battery life seems pretty good after getting a full charge yesterday. I'm gonna unplug it now and run it today to see what I get.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's working great for me. Trying the small scale on my 1520 with makes all the desktops run like they are on the desktop.

However, I still can't get track info, rewind or skip on my car's Bluetooth connection, which worked great in 8.1.

There are no people level notifications or history as there was in 8.1.

So essentially it has become a smaller form of my laptop without the ease of use of a smartphone.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This build is causing SERIOUS battery life issues. I left home this morning with nearly a full charge. Between warming up, working out and showering were talking roughly 2 hours. My battery died. Something is seriously wrong here. Rolling back when I get home.

It's a shame because it was so much smoother that I thought they finally had it and I could abandon 8.1 for good.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
So here's what I've noticed:

++++
Everything is so much smoother than the last build.
The Store is fast/fluid.
Apps update as they should, no more forcing things to update.

------
Dat battery life.
Dat battery life on a clean hard reset build or an upgrade build. Sadness.

I remember the 8.1 preview before it was shoved to everyone officially had all kinds of battery issues, so I'm sure this will get fixed, I just wish it would happen now.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I will say my Lumia Icon settled some last night and I got through the evening with decent battery usage...this build is more fluid for sure...

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi over here...

I've read the first three or four pages of the thread; it's a lot of time to read the whole thing, so I'm sorry if somebody has already asked this before. I'm on 10536 build, I've got a Lumia 1020 and... I don't see the upgrade on Settings. I mean it doesn't offer me to install it. Is it because I'm not connected via Wi-Fi? I remember that on previous builds, when connected via LTE you could see it available but you couldn't download it.

I will try re-enroling the Fast Ring, but... It's strange. Anyone with the same issue?

milanwp

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Lumia 830 and heres the list of my issues:
Closing whatsap sometimes runs into loading screen.
When taking pictures with Lumia camera app they dont show in galery instantly (takes 5-30 seconds to see pictures in camera roll)
Photos live tile (when selected to show favorites) only shows 5 photos on it
Battery does drain a bit quicker thank on 8.1

scd147

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Seems faster. :winktongue:

Honestly this is a big improvement over the last build. My 920 is now sporting the new build, and it's a much more fluid experience. I'm filling up my start screen since my daily driver has to stay on top of a lot of different stuff! The fact that I'm able to do that this time is a big improvement. The start screen was almost unconfigurable last time on this device. We'll see how it does under my normal load. I haven't popped my sim from my current daily driver, the 640, over to the 920 yet. Maybe in a few days. Good stuff so far!

*******UPDATE********

Overall the system seems to be more reliable, however, the start screen still has pinning issues and folder issues. After a certain point, it takes five minutes for a newly pinned item or newly created folder to appear. I think we're inching closer, but unfortunately this means this thing probably won't be my daily driver. My start screen in 8.1 is still much busier than this and snappy as ever.

Last edited:

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Running it on a 640 LTE, actually seems to have stabilized after being installed for 24 hours, still get loading or resuming occasionally. Biggest issue I've seen personally is when using Bluetooth connected to a car system such as Sync in a Ford, it cannot read the text messages if you have a lock screen PIN.

thrash994

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
A bit slow on my 1320 but it's fine. Of course I have an issue, the notification center is not showing when I swipe from top. It was working fine when the installation finished but soon as I restart the phone that issue comes up. I did two hard resets and seems like that's not the fix for the problem. It's kind of a big deal.

UPDATE:
I found what was causing that issue. If I set the Regional format to Macedonia then the notification center will not appear. I have set it back to match the phone's language and it's working again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion