Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Running it on a 640 LTE, actually seems to have stabilized after being installed for 24 hours, still get loading or resuming occasionally. Biggest issue I've seen personally is when using Bluetooth connected to a car system such as Sync in a Ford, it cannot read the text messages if you have a lock screen PIN.

On UCONNECT, Cortana and the UCONNECT voice battle it out for me...usually the UCONNECT voice will start but Cortana will interrupt and take over...on 8.1, it was always Cortana...

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi over here...

I've read the first three or four pages of the thread; it's a lot of time to read the whole thing, so I'm sorry if somebody has already asked this before. I'm on 10536 build, I've got a Lumia 1020 and... I don't see the upgrade on Settings. I mean it doesn't offer me to install it. Is it because I'm not connected via Wi-Fi? I remember that on previous builds, when connected via LTE you could see it available but you couldn't download it.

I will try re-enroling the Fast Ring, but... It's strange. Anyone with the same issue?

You have to go back to 8.1 and then upgrade through Windows insider :) Best of luck!

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
You have to go back to 8.1 and then upgrade through Windows insider :) Best of luck!

Thanks a lot; I should give a chance to Saint Google before asking. In every blog (the official from Microsoft and the rest) existing, they put that in clear.

So I will change my question. To the 1020 owners: what's new about the battery drain issue?

Anil Patel5

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Some confusion here...

On lumia phones:

Hard Reset: Camera + Power + Volume-Down
Soft Reset: Volume-Down + Power

Anyway...against my better judgement, currently waiting for the new build to install on my 830. I'll report back in a day or two.

I always took Hard Reset to mean a wipe back to the base OS... the Soft Reset to basically be a reboot clearing out temp system files.

The Hard Reset is the Camera+Power+(some sequence of volume up and down ,,, I forget which) - this wipes you back to the OS

The Soft Reset (and I could be using the term incorrectly) was Camera+Power+Vol Down - this just reboots the phone and cleans it up a bit

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
3 hours in and I have had no issues. Fixed the preview for my mailbox as it wouldn't utilize the live tile.

Everything feels snappier, apps don't glitch nearly as much opening and I haven't experienced any freezes yet. Battery life still needs optimizing and I'm hoping that is going to be a big focus soon.

Using an HTC One M8.

I have two major concerns:
  1. Is there a yellow border around everything like there was in the last build?
  2. Does Dot View work?

I assume no for both but would appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi over here...

I've read the first three or four pages of the thread; it's a lot of time to read the whole thing, so I'm sorry if somebody has already asked this before. I'm on 10536 build, I've got a Lumia 1020 and... I don't see the upgrade on Settings. I mean it doesn't offer me to install it. Is it because I'm not connected via Wi-Fi? I remember that on previous builds, when connected via LTE you could see it available but you couldn't download it.

I will try re-enroling the Fast Ring, but... It's strange. Anyone with the same issue?

As said, you have to roll back to 8.1 denim to jump onto build 10549

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi over here...

If you read the release notes, you need to revert back to 8.1 to get this build. Or wait till the next build.

Alphonso Burks

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I am having exactly the same problem but didn't find a solution yet. It's the only serious bug I found so far!

Yeah it is a headache i just have to manually adding things via linking up with the computer for now. I thought i was the only one with the issue. I guess no one else tried to see if it worked for them or not.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
So I'm getting more and more comfortable with this build. Doesn't heat up while charging anymore, and it's fast and useable enough. I'm keeping it. I'll see how it does when I get the voice packs for Cortana. In the meantime I can manage.

EDIT: Does anyone have problems turning bluetooth on in certain situations?

amcluesent

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
For every problem MSFT fixes, they create another, sometimes two others. This build isn't net better than the 1st preview of Windows 10 Mobile; quality control is non-existent.

Consider this as a daily driver only if your other daily driver is a Ford Pinto.

Strfox

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Using as a daily driver.
Did not require hard reset.
All in all very functional after checking and installing all the app updates ! <3

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I always took Hard Reset to mean a wipe back to the base OS... the Soft Reset to basically be a reboot clearing out temp system files.

The Hard Reset is the Camera+Power+(some sequence of volume up and down ,,, I forget which) - this wipes you back to the OS

The Soft Reset (and I could be using the term incorrectly) was Camera+Power+Vol Down - this just reboots the phone and cleans it up a bit

Well...lol...I wasn't very clear either.

Soft reset is "currently" as I described. Hard Reset is pretty much as you state in your quote...although still initiated by holding all 3, then a sequence of volume presses.

The process appears to have evolved, and changed, somewhat over time. I did some searching ( I started to doubt myself) and that looks to be the case.

Anyway...getting off topic a bit.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
For every problem MSFT fixes, they create another, sometimes two others. This build isn't net better than the 1st preview of Windows 10 Mobile; quality control is non-existent.

Consider this as a daily driver only if your other daily driver is a Ford Pinto.

This build is worlds better than the first build - I had it for at most 3 hours before I couldn't handle the mess of bugs it came along with. This latest build is really promising, and it's not even the final version yet. It's definitely capable of being a daily driver...

PS I drive a BMW...

Nam Long

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I just discover that One-handed mode has something new . Now you can exit it by holding the windows key and not by touching the upper blank screen . Not sure if it is new but i really love it .

abilio batista

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
This build is very nice, only have some bugs with the Messaging app, sometimes after I lock the screen with the app still running, when i go back and unlock the phone, the Messaging app crashes, and i tried to close by task view but the app isn't there and when i click on the Messaging button, but it doesn't open. I just press volume up and down three time at the same time, the phone makes that weird thing, with vibration and flashes, and everything gets ok.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi over here...

You're better off downgrading 8.1 and then upgrading directly to 10549. Best thing about this is you get lumia camera back this way. Go back to 8.1 and then up to 10549

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786