Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zealotico

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Havent read the whole thread, as it's pretty big. So sorry if this has been answered already.
On the last build the notification only worked for me while my phone was unlocked, meaning while I was using it. So any notifications except phone calls wouldn't wake my phone. I thought that they would've fixed it by now. Or is it something I'm doing wrong ?
Thanks

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
disappointing really, i hope they don't mean it final

On previous build my 3G was working fine on 3G only setting, now it connect to Edge (GSM) network most of the time, so I have switched to an other bit expensive (with strong 3G signal) data plan for now :-(

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot; I should give a chance to Saint Google before asking. In every blog (the official from Microsoft and the rest) existing, they put that in clear.

So I will change my question. To the 1020 owners: what's new about the battery drain issue?

I'm starting a fresh install from 8.1, no backup restore to see if that helps.

the issues I noticed were slightly higher drain (1.7% per hour), music app not working, video app invisible and task viewer not working when you put the display to the lowest scale. Other issue was jittering photos app

abilio batista

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes, everytime that Microsoft fix some bug they will appear others. But you know what? This isn't a final build. Microsoft is adding new features every build, which causes new bugs to show up in older features. If you have problems with that, then it's clearly you aren't able to be a Windows Insider.
One more thing, open the Windows insider app, and read everything wich is said there!

Menard Gardose

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that the fonts look more jagged than the previous, maybe because of the DPI scaling thing? other than that its more reliable and stable, but still has the start screen loading but it was worse in the previous build. Lumia 630 here! I do have the movies & tv app tho

gabrielbenicio

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Calendar Live Tile not working... calendar app crashing after a while, Microsoft edge is a lot worse IMO. Beside all that, great build, very stable in comparison to the last one.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I always took Hard Reset to mean a wipe back to the base OS... the Soft Reset to basically be a reboot clearing out temp system files.

The Hard Reset is the Camera+Power+(some sequence of volume up and down ,,, I forget which) - this wipes you back to the OS

The Soft Reset (and I could be using the term incorrectly) was Camera+Power+Vol Down - this just reboots the phone and cleans it up a bit

A reboot and a soft reset are different. The soft reset is the same as pulling out the battery. So more files are reset.
I always do a soft reset after updating a lot of apps, just to get them to reload.
This build seems to have a ton of app updates.

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Essentially the lack of full Cortana support in the Icon, when it was present in 8.1, is a major disappointment. That includes the Band having no Cortana functionality in 10, at least on the Icon. Microsoft's total unwillingness to comment on this makes me less than happy. Since I have no upgrade options ( Verizon ), the Icon is my phone and at a minimum should be supported in 10 as it was in 8.1.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
One more update on my 920 with 10549:

I was able to get mobile hotspot working with my Dell Venue 8 Pro (also on Windows 10).

On my tablet, I had to remove the WiFi hotspot from the list, since I had named it the same. Once I removed it on the tablet, I turned it on on the phone, and the tablet saw it as a new connection and was able to connect.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, one thing they haven't fixed (at least in my case)...

App updates are still getting errors and they refuse to update in the background. I need to babysit the phone while the 40+ updates are going.

jmagwp

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Have they fixed Driving Mode, doesn't it work at all? So far it's not worked for me with any of the preview builds. Messages and calls come through Bluetooth even though I've set it to ignore them. I won't use another preview build until they've gotten this to work properly.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
A good thing for me is that now Data Sense seems to work, and it shows a neat graphic.

It works for me too in this build, but is there a way to pin it to the Start screen as there was in 8.1? I am on a limited Verizon data plan and really need to keep an eye on my usage so it was always helpful to have it there. I don't find a way to do it in 10549.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I've installed this on my back up Icon and it looks pretty good. However, since I've read about the background activity bug in Cortana I'm not going to use this as a DD device just yet. My other Icon is on Win 8.1 and I'm planning on keeping that as my DD until the final, or nearly final release. I've been trying out the last few builds as a DD device and I just get frustrated and change back to the Win 8.1 device. I know it's early build ( or not so early anymore) but there are still too many issues for me to rely on this on my DD. I'm certainly looking forward to the final release, or final release and a couple updates when MSFT usually gets their newest OS straightened out! Now if only the 950 or 950 XL comes to Verizon, I'll be good to go!

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
It works for me too in this build, but is there a way to pin it to the Start screen as there was in 8.1? I am on a limited Verizon data plan and really need to keep an eye on my usage so it was always helpful to have it there. I don't find a way to do it in 10549.
Does work for me. Enter any value and it crashes. Just like it did before.

Martin Guy1

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Hey Cortana isn't back battery life is little better than before but that depends on how much you use it

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
installed it in my 720 and using it as my main phone. have been using it for almost a day. so far so good. it is more stable and faster. of course it is still not as fluid as 8.1 but it is improving. i am just hoping that the basic function of a phone (messaging, people,dialer app and action center) are in their top priority in fixing and improving their performance. after all that's what we use the most and i think that's one of the reason why some of the insiders don't use it as their main phone.

en2012

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Big bugssss on my 1520, Outlook & calendar bounce back in 3 seconds after open, cannot typing Chinese Simplified QWERTY, photo not auto uploading to OneDrive, roll back to 8.1...

en2012

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Went back to 8.1, outlook, calendar app bounce back after 3 seconds, cannot typing Chinese Simplified QWETY, Onedrive not auto uploading photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786