Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadydon

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Well. Doe's seem to consume battery even with Cortana off. Messaging app seems to be a problem. Icons edges in folders on seem to flicker a bit. Music Hub Tile won't install on the version, GRRRRRR. Other then that so far not to bad.

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Went ahead and rolled my 820 back to 8.1 last night when trying to listen to Pocket Casts and the audio kept jumping back and forth throughout the episode.

Couple of other glitches that bugged me was the "Nokia Device Hub has been installed and requires a device restart" message and that I had better luck installing app updates one by one instead of all at once.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
A few question about the Messaging app.

Is anyone able to get Skype video or voice working within the Messaging app? Every time I try it tries to connect and then instantly says "Call ended". Also in the "Messaging" section i Settings, default Messaging app dropdown is blank.

Also, in the profile for contacts it says this long appname string under their name ("M" is the username here). Is there something wrong with my Messaging app installation?
messaging.png

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
One bug I've found that I haven't seen mentioned is that pictures saved from Edge are "unreadable" by the Photos app, and can't be seen to set as Lock or Start Screens. Pictures added via computer connection work fine, as do photos taken with the camera. Just pics saved from a webpage are lost to the ether...

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

I had to do TWO hard resets just to get everything to load correctly. It's still incredibly slow, "loading" and "resuming" are still my constant companions, half the apps don't start the first time. I could continue a long list of what's still broken....

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I had to do TWO hard resets just to get everything to load correctly. It's still incredibly slow, "loading" and "resuming" are still my constant companions, half the apps don't start the first time. I could continue a long list of what's still broken....

Sorry to hear that. 10549 on both my phones is just as fast if not faster than 8.1.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Sorry to hear that. 10549 on both my phones is just as fast if not faster than 8.1.

WWow I wish I could say the same. (640xl) and 8.1 blows current (549) build on my phone away. Hesitates and pauses every turn. I use it on my daily but if this was my first Windows phone experience I would run for the hills. My GF 930 is just as bad with preview. Useable yes. But still a very very far from great experience.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This is the first build in which I have no battery drain at all. I may go as far as to say that my Icon's battery life is just as good, if not better, than it was on 8.1.

I've had one random restart today, two random black screens which cause the phone to be unresponsive, and my messaging notification is permanently stuck at "1." That includes the tile. Not sure what to do about that. I've tried soft reset. No dice.

Jenish PJ

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I installed build 10549 on my Lumia 520. Its working fine but slow to respond. If you click an tile it will take 1 sec respond then after opening it will show "loading" for 2 sec. I found a way to make it smoother. Instead of closing an app i press the back button and go to home screen. So that next time when i open that app it will launch faster. In windows 8.1 email opening, closing, and moving animations were super cool. Now just a slight zoom in effect.
In home screen when i unlock the screen or came back from another app tiles will take 1 sec to launch live updates. This also happen when you swipe through you home screen

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Just Installed tthis latest Build on my Lumia 640, Everything is good and smooth as expected for a Preview.. its up to the mark. But i got some Weird things, Groove and Film + TV, these apps are absent, Man these Xbox Music and Video apps are still present, and not Working.. I Can manage it With VLC.

Anyone faced these ??

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Groove and Film + TV, these apps are absent,
Anyone faced these ??
this is a known issue mentioned in the release notes.
  • After upgrade, you might be missing a few apps. If you experience this, the workaround is to reset your phone.
A reset is required to get the apps back. I had this myself and unfortunately it is a hard reset that is required (which is probably a good idea anyway).

cheers

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Still sluggish, 'Loading...' displayed on phone, messaging, people. Store still far to slow, errors updating apps though retry is fine. UI still completely inconsistent icon sizes don't even line up much like the Windows 10 taskbar.

Nazmos Sakib

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
It's Totally:
disgusting, nasty, terrible, dreadful, ghastly, horrid, horrible, vile, foul, abominable, appalling, atrocious, horrendous, hideous, offensive, objectionable, obnoxious, frightful, loathsome, revolting, repulsive, repellent, repugnant, odious, sickening, nauseating, nauseous; informalgruesome, diabolical, yucky, sick-making, God-awful, gross, from hell, icky; informalgrotty, beastly; informalhellacious, lousy; literary noisome & Much More.........:unhappysweat:

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having problems with calendar live tile
mine shows Sunday yet inside the app you click
today goes to Sat 17th otherwise so far no other issues
lot snappier than earlier build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads