Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athanville

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
well, this build is better, i like that they have listened and added continuous vibration during ringing, message searching is almost back, it has a bug though, but nice to know its coming. Messaging has changed a wee bit, you can open other strings with the current view. as a daily driver, not half bad, though the battery drain may be higher for those with smaller batteries, hope that also gets fixed as the builds continue coming out.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
FYI, on my phone - L930 - battery drain during the night was 1.5% (shown in the battery), or it might be even less because I've unplugged from the power when going to sleep and 8 hours later it was at 93%. Which I find reasonble. Cortana OFF, everything else on, like calendar, mail, some live tiles, location, etc...

BTW, am I the only one who cant download additional Speech files? I would like to use Cortana in UK region, but unable to download UK speech. I first assumed it will take a few days for m$ to publish them, but its weekend now and still unable and I fear there is some error on my side?

lumia720

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
So far Build 10549 is the best build out for WM10..

Very much stable and smooth on my Lumia 620. Some glitches while opening some apps. Otherwise perfect. Battery drain is little high compared to last build. but better than first builds..
Cortana is available in India without any settings change.
Have two settings in menu list. First one take to WP8.1 settings menu and the later takes to W10 settings menu style.
So far in love with this build.
View attachment 114436View attachment 114437View attachment 114438View attachment 114439View attachment 114440

Hey, what are your region and speech settings?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got this running on my 640XL.

Not many issues so far although Store keeps failing with an update to Messaging+.

With regards to Cortana eating battery, if I turn it off I don't get Quiet Hours, is that correct? I really like that feature.

I am not sure if anyone else uses LINE either but in this latest build my contacts seem to all now have no LINE profile picture.

Hopefully these small niggles will be resolved over time.

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
10549 has transformed my Lumia 535. So much more responsive. I think this is very close to ready, I'll put it on my Lumia 630 to see.

Still a few niggley bugs. Go to "Change My Name" in Cortanas Notebook, and Cortana crashes. The bootup sequence glitches, and at shutdown, the Goodbye message disappears too early, leaving a blank but obviously backlit screen, and you're left wondering if it's hung.

The hamburgers make it next to unusable one handed. I end up using the Windows key long press way too much. Not a bug though, that's "working as designed" (or Broken As Designed, as we like to say in the IT world).

The next part of W10M that needs major attention is the App Menu / App List. Left justified with loads of space wasted on the right. Text too small, and ignores the Text Scaling setting in Ease of Access. No visual cue that the letter headings are tapable (put them BACK IN BOXES like in WP8, Microsoft). An app doesn't appear with a progress bar when you are installing it, like in WP8. The letter jump list that appears when you tap a heading just looks ugly as all hell (nothing wrong with the WP8 design, put it back).

All of these problems with the App Menu are already list in Windows Feedback, please upvote!

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Oh well, I am turning my region to USA and testing out cortana.

It seems I cant set up quiet hours scheduele, when I turn it on, nothing happens where it should prompt for scheduele input. But turning it ON via notification center seems to work.

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
The next part of W10M that needs major attention is the App Menu / App List. Left justified with loads of space wasted on the right. Text too small, and ignores the Text Scaling setting in Ease of Access. No visual cue that the letter headings are tapable (put them BACK IN BOXES like in WP8, Microsoft). An app doesn't appear with a progress bar when you are installing it, like in WP8. The letter jump list that appears when you tap a heading just looks ugly as all hell (nothing wrong with the WP8 design, put it back).

It's not just the app list that has far smaller text than it should it's damn near universal, take the jump list you referred to; has gutter of wasted space around it. And screw text scaling you shouldn't have to adjust text size when you unbox a new device.

Last edited:

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
It's Totally:
disgusting, nasty, terrible, dreadful, ghastly, horrid, horrible, vile, foul, abominable, appalling, atrocious, horrendous, hideous, offensive, objectionable, obnoxious, frightful, loathsome, revolting, repulsive, repellent, repugnant, odious, sickening, nauseating, nauseous; informalgruesome, diabolical, yucky, sick

Best review of Windows 10 yet

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Just found another buglet - in the Store, do a search, you get a suggestions popup. Hit return to display a results list, the search field and popup remains over the top of the results until you backspace away all your search text.

Aigar Erdfeldt

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
no issues with 930 of mine..upgrade went about half hour and without problems..this build is definately faster, and i havent really noticed any bugs either

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile build 10549 its on available on fast ring

There is this amazing size scaling feature in the settings which gave my 735 the multitask menu for phablets and 5 icons in the action centre when it's not expanded. I can even get the option to show more tiles so that each row can be filled by 4 medium sized tiles. It's really cool.

This is very cool, but I noticed a bug on my 1020. After I did this it seems that I can only open task view while in landscape mode (and if I'm at the start menu or an app that doesn't do landscape, it won't open at all).

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Lots of little bugs that come and go for me, but overall I am pretty pleased with the 10549 build.

However, the battery life is terrible so far. Using an app called Battery to monitor usage, it says the average rate today on my Icon is 32.38% per hour, and that seems about right. Yikes! I know battery use is always very high the first couple of days after a new install though, so I'm hoping it'll get better.

After getting the speed performance fixed in this build, I hope they tackle that next.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Same here, most likely they did not yet implenet it for landscape mode.

Whereas on the 735... I think it has something to do with the ratio of your screen resolution.
2740d4c653a2e2d93f5cf0bd24435a5b.png

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
after one hell of a stuggle getting it installed (I ended up deciding not to restore from a backup, even after hard resetting and just start from scratch) it seems to be running a damn site better than the last build. I'm not getting the 5 minute "loading" when I unlock my phone. Last build started to get VERY slow (all the time) after a month. Lets see if this build suffers the same fate. Battery drain is still an issue though. But much better than the last build.

There is a bug with Edge, where if you type in the address bar the first time you open it, the text is white so you cant see what you type. It only ever seems to be the first time you open it so I can live with it for now. :p

nsnhd

May 13, 2015
Visit site
What happens when you minimize the font so that the phone becomes a PC and then connect it to a monitor or TV and using a blue-tooth mouse with them. Can you have some of the Continuum experiences ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers