Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been running 10549 on my L520 for 2 days. I see the Resuming... and Loading... screens a lot.
Groove music was messed up and messaging crashed, so I did a hard reset, has not really helped.
MS is pushing a lot of app updates and that makes the phone slow and it freezes some times.
I have not decided if I'll keep it as my daily driver. Hopefully it will get more stable.

stephanejap

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Faster, way less "loading/resuming", smoother animations. Only 2 issues so far: Locking and unlocking sounds do not work on 3 devices (640xl, 930 and 1520) and horrendous battery life at least on my L930, 15 - 20% drain per hour! I'm keeping my main phone (L830) on 10536 for now.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Here's my Battery use on 10549 on a Lumia Icon for the last 24 hours...main dip around 10 PM last night was from playing a game that I know drains battery quickly. The other big dip yesterday afternoon is from texting, twittering and Facebooking all at once. Cortana is on, Wifi, Bluetooth, location are all on as well. I was only connected to Wifi from 4 PM forward, and I would consider my usage to be "light to light/moderate" (i.e., occasional Edge use, checking Twitter and Facebook, a couple phone calls, some texting).

6X5Hj2U.jpg

I'm fairly satisfied...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
One bug I've found that I haven't seen mentioned is that pictures saved from Edge are "unreadable" by the Photos app, and can't be seen to set as Lock or Start Screens. Pictures added via computer connection work fine, as do photos taken with the camera. Just pics saved from a webpage are lost to the ether...

Try using the file explorer app to search for the images

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile build 10549 its on available on fast ring

This is very cool, but I noticed a bug on my 1020. After I did this it seems that I can only open task view while in landscape mode (and if I'm at the start menu or an app that doesn't do landscape, it won't open at all).

I'll try this partial solution out

mirda13

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I install w10m today, and i'm use it couple of hours. In my opinion it still not a daily driver. I don't know, did someone having problems with Skype? I can't call any one on video call. Try to call, it crash, if not, it calling but I can turn on video. Next problem. When you start record video, first couple of sec, picture stops, freezes up, and then it records normal. And when you play that video in gallery, that freez, you can see it. Then, edge. When i try to go to some sub menu (drop menu), I have to press like 5 times to that menu to drop down, that I can select what I want. Does anyone else have thees problems? My Lumia is 735
p.s. sorry if my english is bad

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I seem to have unique problems that I never had before and no one has.

Data usage statistics not showing my data usage
Wifi usage statistics not shown
Battery usage not shown.

Everything is showing zero. wp_ss_20151017_0001.pngwp_ss_20151017_0002.pngwp_ss_20151017_0003.png

jdpg2

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
With all of these releases I have found the only way to succeed is to do a full phone reset and re install all of your apps. Don't restore backups as that causes the same issues as if you just did a straight upgrade. With most things in the cloud its not that big a deal other then the time it takes to re download apps/music and get your start screen and settings the way you like them. My guess is MS hasn't gottend the upgrade process bullet proof as of yet. If you have the expectation is that this upgrade will just work as normal, then being an insider isn't for you

Once you do that, this build is the best we have seen so far, but battery life is a bit off at the moment. I did find that the Windows Heath app running the background was the biggest battery sucker for me. MS needs to look at that for us band 1 and soon to be band 2 users. It appears to be consuming 21% of my battery, with only the Start screen consuming more at 28%. Skype video and voice don't appear to be working but the chat component in messaging works fine. The Camera actually works now as do all the live tiles.

This build is working fine as my daily driver, we are getting closer.....

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Then, edge. When i try to go to some sub menu (drop menu), I have to press like 5 times to that menu to drop down, that I can select what I want. Does anyone else have thees problems? My Lumia is 735
p.s. sorry if my english is bad

That issue I think is just generic to Windows 10 in general. Sometimes it seems to take a couple dozen touches to get a click to register. It will start zooming around instead of clicking. Happens on my Surface 3 and phone. They are one in the same.

Whatever Windows 10 uses for touch handling was much better under Windows 8.1, phone and desktop.

There is quite a bit of feedback about this too. On Windows 10 the tiles on the start menu often just bounce around when touched without actually registering a click.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I had a weird issue yesterday where the screen kept timing out right away instead of my set 5 minutes. I powered it off and then everytime I tried to power it on it would shut off after the windows logo. So I just left it. Powered it up and again it was just a black screen. But then when I went to power it off the slide down screen showed up. I cancelled the slide down and my start screen was back and everything was fine. For a while there thought it was bricked. But yah still running like a smooth operator.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Had to reinstall it twice. Finally just kinda settled into normal today. Two things though. I can't download Tweetium and my video for Lumia camera won't work so I have to use Windows camera now. Who knows maybe the latter us actually better anyway.
That said...im hoping this build is more stable. Its my DD.

thrash994

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
A bit slow on my 1320 but it's fine. Of course I have an issue, the notification center is not showing when I swipe from top. It was working fine when the installation finished but soon as I restart the phone that issue comes up. I did two hard resets and seems like that's not the fix for the problem. It's kind of a big deal.

UPDATE:
I found what was causing that issue. If I set the Regional format to Macedonia then the notification center will not appear. I have set it back to match the phone's language and it's working again.

Looks like something else is causing the problem as it keeps happening again. I still haven't found a workaround except that I keep restarting the phone until it start working.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Everything seems to work pretty well and a bit faster than previous builds on my Lumia 925. I can't download Australian speech files so I still have to change my region to get Cortana, but that seems to be the same for everyone. I can turn on my Mobile HotSpot from my Surface 3 again, which is great. I have an odd issue where changing any quick actions is possible except the Rotation Lock one. If I try to change that it crashes Settings. I also still had access to Glance from the Extras section of Settings after installing this build, which I haven't previously. That's great because SysApp Pusher failed to find it in the Store last time I tried.

mr_fomo

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Feels much improved - faster and more consistent overall.
The Edge browser still lacks some performance improvement, on my 640 XL at least,, to not frustrate during general use.
Skype for business is serious broken - even after the recommended uninstall/install cycle - so for anyone relying on this for serious purposes the current build is a no-go IMHO.

rhodnieda

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
im 1520 user sometimes messaging application is not running ...battery draining fast i just checked it took only 7 to 8 hours to use ....sometimes the camera when i open all the icons is missing lumia camera. the application slowly open. the messaging apps showing the live tiles have one message when i open the message box still have the tiles have message i dont know how to fix i just update this 8.1 to 10549

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss