Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoneshop

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
How can I open Lumia Camera? On my L920 I rolled back to 8.1, installed the new build and did a hard reset and restored from back-up. Lumia Camera was there and could be opened but half an hour later it was still there but couldn't be started anymore. Starting it takes me to the screen that says they left Lumia Camera for a better one. Then my only option is to start Windows Camera. Opening Lumia Camera from the store gives the same result. Anyone here that knows how to get the Lumia Camera back working again?

Otherwise I'm quite happy with the build. Faster, smoother, less loading. Only thing that bothers me is no notifications on my glance screen and my lock screen.

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
It's good, never had huge problems on my 1020 with any build from 10512 onwards.

Current problems:
-battery saver, data usage, wifi usage statistics showing zero. They're not measuring or recording any data
-Opening lumia camera through long pressing the camera button will open it but the orientation is locked on portrait mode
-If I use the display scaling to 175%, I can't open task viewer. It will open if the scaling is 200%

Plus points: lumia camera is back, no lagging, resuming, battery performance does seem a bit less than 8.1 though I need to monitor more

the plus points are enough for me to jump onto this build. hated the fact that lumia camera was gone in the previous build. Glad its back now.

fjordstrom

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Installed this build on my Lumia 930 yesterday, did a hard reset and it's running well! Am very "scared" about battery life though. The phone gets heated up when posting something to 6tag. This morning while not using it, it also was a little warm as if something was happening in the background. (Maybe I should put on battery saver the whole time?)

I hope it will stabilize in the coming day(s)...

Kenny7

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
the plus points are enough for me to jump onto this build. hated the fact that lumia camera was gone in the previous build. Glad its back now.

for me the statistics are working on my lumia 1020.
if you upgrade from 8.1 you will have the lumia camera, but after a hard reset it will be gone!
scale at 200% is nice

I'm using ProShot for better pictures and did the hard reset after update. for quick pictures the microsoft camera is ok.
so far its the best build for me. battery life much better than 10536 although the 3G only mode is missing.
apps are starting fast and lock screen delay is gone

nsnhd

May 13, 2015
Visit site
So with the new scaling feature, we can have a continuum-like user experience with 1520 when it's connected through miracast/mhl to an external monitor? Someone tryed this?

Good point, I've asked this in previous page, it seems nobody has tried it yet, all are busy with bugfixes

sumanthsuresh

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Cannot update after version 10166 0n my htc one 8 att .can any body please advise
And also cannot hide navigation bar
Double tap does not wake up the phone and at least 5-6 soft resets a day for freezes
Thanks

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Couple things I've noticed since yesterday. Upvoted/submitted feedback:

Battery: In standby, battery drain is what I'd expect and the same as 8.1. All my normal apps are installed and running. In use, however, the battery is using around 40-50% more. Guessing battery usage will be one of the last things nailed down, though.

Keyboard: Wow. Work to do here. Swipe (Flow? Can't remember what MS calls it. lol) accuracy is almost non-existent. Suggestions are poor as well. If 8.1's keyboard was a perfect 10, this one is a 3.

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
This one is working pretty well for me. Still get the Loading... for a second or two on my L730. Messaging crashed when a message appeared when I already had it open. Otherwise, I'd guess we're one, or at most two, releases away from RTM.

The Store has had some issues, though, mostly with slow or aborted downloads, as well as the store's inability to save apps to internal memory if the apps won't allow themselves to be saved to the SD card.

In the previous Preview build, many apps refused to load due to too many Windows devices being assigned to my account (I have only six) - even though the apps in question (Duolingo, The Economist, VLC, and a couple of others) were already installed on the phone and were installed on only one other device. However, although this seems to be fixed on the phone, the laptop with them on it still refuses to update them.

Microsoft should realize that if the Store needs updating, it should always happen first, as all the other downloads in the queue will benefit from improved store performance.

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed one oddity: in German, the Start page is named "Starten" - which it should not be. Perhaps the work of a translator who is completely unfamiliar with Windows?

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Using 10549 for 2 days now on my Lumia 640 and it is starting to stabilize. Much faster than 10536, only the 'loading' after startup is still several minutes. Battery use seems normal, keyboard works fine, swiping also. Data sense only counts wifi, not cellular data. Live tile refresh is somewhat buggy. Looks like I'll start using it as my daily driver this week!

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
for me the statistics are working on my lumia 1020.
if you upgrade from 8.1 you will have the lumia camera, but after a hard reset it will be gone!
scale at 200% is nice

I'm using ProShot for better pictures and did the hard reset after update. for quick pictures the microsoft camera is ok.
so far its the best build for me. battery life much better than 10536 although the 3G only mode is missing.
apps are starting fast and lock screen delay is gone

agree to every world, however i wont say some of the delays are gone, some are still persistent specially when you wake up the phone when its kept idle for long periods of time , once swiped up to unlock back with the loading screen or resuming screen for a few seconds. i fail to see why microsoft cant swash this bug. now many in the forum have stated that other operating systems use a fancy animation but that lasts a few seconds maybe two but this bug is the only annoying factor in this build .
microsoft has done a marvelous job in stabilizing this build as compared to the build before this which was a nightmare. Lumia camera is back, mail app is much more stable and easy to navigate around, glance screen is back and can be customized.
difficult to comment on the battery life at the moment on my 1020 as its been only a few hours as the phone has just been updated and was updating a ton of apps draining the battery.
yes proshot is an good alternative but at times i find it extremely cluttered and lacks the oversampling of the lumia camera app as well as the sharpness of the same but i guess its more of an individual taste.
so far the build is superb and i find it as stable and quick as 8.1, besides off-course the resuming bug when the phone is woken up after being kept idle for long like wise with the phone dialer app.

mariachris

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I went straight to build 10549 from 8.1 denim. After 4 hours updating, installing, restarting, et voila! It looked really nice, felt great, the loading wasn't there at all, lumia camera was there, and I kinda thought that maybe I was lucky enough to get everything worked out really well until I realised that my L1020 wasn't able to connect to any wifi nor was it to any cellular data. I knew from this forum that if I did hard reset, I would lose my lumia camera feature. :( anyway, I did hard reset. The data and wifi are working now, the performance is a bit less smooth than it was at first, but I'd say I could use this build as my daily driver. I'm using proshot app as to replace lumia camera in terms of taking photos.

Last edited:

Kenny7

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
is hotsport working stable in this build? for me it works but after a minute I have to restart it because connection is lost and the laptop wont reconnect. maybe it has to do with background task or battery saving?

Clamdigger63

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have trouble uploading their photos to onedrive from their phone. Even though it's set to automatic it doesn't upload. I have tried manually selecting photos and telling it to share to a folder on OneDrive. It tries to upload them but returns to the photo app screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos