Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

corngolio

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree, the camera app is a total mess. Random restart of Phone when taking picture. Resolution is VGA and not 16MP .. why do I have a 16MP setting only and a 20MP Phone ??? stange
Also lots of pictures I took appear black in the photo app.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else suddenly had their alarms stop working in this build? Mine have just stopped working all of a sudden.

Thanks.

Ian

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Everything has been stable so far. No issues with apps. Used to have apps that crashed and now I can use them again. I did notice the loading screen when I first boot my phone and unlock it quickly. Only happens if I unlock it quickly right after boot. After it doesn't happen any more. Didn't notice because typically I turn on the phone and let it boot and do other things, so by then everything is likely resident in memory.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I think many persons should check back the Guide: How to install Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview link

for steps of installing win10 mobile and to remember also that you're on Mobile Insider Preview..

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded my Lumia Icon from 8.1 which i had a lot of stuff on. I have used the other preview builds before but they were always too buggy. Upgrade went fine and this build is the fastest one yet. However, it is super unstable. Phone reboots at least 4-5 times per day.

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Took me 4 attempts to have it running ok... the only problem I find is that I can't install new keyboards... I normally use spanish and english but haven't been able ... the reason for me attempting some many times is because my cell data wouldn't work the first times.

Durahl

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520 - Not satisfied

What I do most of the time with my Phone is listening to Music which makes it practically the main feature to me and it's not working flawlessly.
Similar to before either Cyan or Denim the Music playback stops but unlike back then where it was random it now stops at the same Song.

Another Issue that popped up today was that my Contact List got flooded with 4 additional undeletable and empty duplicates of other Contacts.
I also see Apps crashing every once in a while returning me to the Start Screen requiring one or more attempts in getting them to run.

Very annoying - I guess it's not yet time to Upgrade so for now I'm going back to 8.1

jmagwp

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion it's not even close to being ready for daily driving. I tried it on my 928 for a few days and couldn't take it anymore and rolled back to 8.1. 8.1 is far superior to 10549. Here are the problems I had with 10549.

1) Keyboard and word recognition is terrible. I make far more errors on the 10549 than I've ever made on the 8.1 keyboard. Sometimes common words aren't even recognized.
2) Resuming screens abound, endlessly, for just about everything.
3) Driving mode still doesn't work at all. Texts and calls still come through Bluetooth even when you indicate that they shouldn't.
4) Scroll actions are terrible. You have to finesse a scroll to keep the screen from zooming by you. It's on or off, not smooth like 8.1.
5) The Microsoft universal apps are very large steps backward in UX compared to their 8.1 counterparts. Not to mention they are riddled with bugs.
6) The UI/UX decisions are highly questionable in many cases. What was incredibly intuitive in 8.1 is now confusing in W10M. Is my choice in the ellipse or is it in the hamburger? Oh, it's in the ellipse in this app, but in the hamburger in the other one. And now this thing I'm trying to do takes 4 steps instead of 2.
7) Text is too small in most cases. I think they are trying to cram too much on the screen to the point that it's negatively impacting usability. And in many cases they aren't putting more on the screen, they are just getting the font as small as possible, which makes absolutely no sense.
8) Lots of problems with apps not opening from the start screen tiles. I often had to restart the phone to get Messaging, Mail, etc., to open.
9) Sharing photos usually locked up the phone and required a reboot.
10) The photos app is terribly designed. Not intuitive. 8.1 was much better.
11) Saving a picture, which used to be a simple process, now requires you to navigate through the entire folder tree to get to your save point.
12) The camera is slow as all hell, not zippy like under 8.1.
13) Mail often didn't recognize contacts that were saved on the phone. I had to go to the contact and initiate the email from there instead of from Mail itself.
14) Animations in general are very clunky and jerky. Either the 928 doesn't have enough power to run W10M or they still have a ways to go in optimizing animations.
15) Etc.

I know they have builds they are testing internally that we haven't seen yet, but from my experience with this latest build they have a very, very, very long way to go to get this thing ready for general release. And it is in no way ready for daily driving, at least not on my 928.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I personally haven't opted for the insider preview but after reading a lot of these comments I can't help but feel skeptical about the 950's launch in less than a month away with all these problems still present. Unless they plan to ship it with more stable OS unavailable to insiders.

Rishabh Shukla

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I Installed it the day after it`s release. It is so much better than earlier . Improvements are follows:
1. Loading... during going back on start screen has reduced to very low (Now you can see start screen within 1-2 sec).:smile:
2. Groove is working way much better lots of improvement coming there.
3. Earlier during phone call on earphone 'mic' was not working properly which has been fixed in this build. :love:
4.Now You can Pin your apps on start faster than the previous build. (Earlier it used to show after 10-15 min or reboot)
5. Phone is working much faster now. :smile:
6.Messaging App is better

Issues are still there like :
1. "Loading....loading" screen is still there for 1-2 seconds.
2. Groove has still problem in playing songs properly yet it`s better than the previous build.
3. You won`t be able to name/rename the "group tile" on your start Screen. :asleep:
4. Cortana is still very Poor compare to 8.1 :angry:

I am using it on My Primary Phone which is Lumia 830 and I am totally satisfied with current build. I hope you will enjoy too

Thanks!:smile:

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't work for me. Enter any value and it crashes. Just like it did before.

There is a bug in the data sense. It's with the date. For some reason, it seems to take one day off the one I choose.

For example, If I select '15' then '14' is saved. Which it seems to like OK. But if I select '1' then I suppose it doesn't like '0' as a date, so it crashes.

I will send feedback.

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
As for group tile, you meant the folder? I can rename the folder name for it.

I Installed it the day after it`s release. It is so much better than earlier . Improvements are follows:
1. Loading... during going back on start screen has reduced to very low (Now you can see start screen within 1-2 sec).:smile:
2. Groove is working way much better lots of improvement coming there.
3. Earlier during phone call on earphone 'mic' was not working properly which has been fixed in this build. :love:
4.Now You can Pin your apps on start faster than the previous build. (Earlier it used to show after 10-15 min or reboot)
5. Phone is working much faster now. :smile:
6.Messaging App is better

Issues are still there like :
1. "Loading....loading" screen is still there for 1-2 seconds.
2. Groove has still problem in playing songs properly yet it`s better than the previous build.
3. You won`t be able to name/rename the "group tile" on your start Screen. :asleep:
4. Cortana is still very Poor compare to 8.1 :angry:

I am using it on My Primary Phone which is Lumia 830 and I am totally satisfied with current build. I hope you will enjoy too

Thanks!:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers