Build 10549 Screams On my 928

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks that's much more reasonable than the 20 minute plus cycles I've been getting consistently. I may have to hard reset then. And are SuperTube, Lumia Refocus, Camera, StoryTeller, and Movie Creator Beta still in the app store or do they disappear?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Lumia Camera is installable but does not work (tells you to use the default camera app because itself is being discontinued), Refocus is installable and working, Panorama is installable and working, Storyteller has been discontinued already, same with Movie Creator Beta.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Appreciate it. I think I'll just hard reset since it's not my daily phone anyway. I just didn't want to lose some of the apps and data.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just as to comment, on the 536 build, I hard reset because of the "Loading..." loop; didn't help...at all. Still got it and it was random. I could go a day without it happening, then the next it would happen every time I unlocked the phone. If it's the only problem you are really dealing with, I wouldn't bother with the hard reset. I sure hope MS gets the updating process fixed. When the average consumer gets the Update notice, and the phone gets updated, it needs to be seamless for them. Otherwise, it'll be a mess. Just to add, when the loading loop would keep happening and not go away no matter how many apps or other things I tried to load or use, one thing that worked 90% of the time was to load Cortana and tell her "fix my start screen". I'm not kidding either. Sometimes she would misinterpret as "Text my start screen" and that would never work. Kind of funny when you think about it.

I'm downloading this update now, as I had to go back to 8.1 from 10536 due to the phone getting very unresponsive at times and the camera started displaying "Saving..." almost all of the time and was messing with my picture taking. Not nice. I'm encouraged that a lot of folks here are having a pretty good experience overall with the 549 build. I'll see for myself tomorrow.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm having more problems with this build then with previous. It was really fast after install, but after installing few apps it slowed down. I've unpined almost everything from start screen, and still get loading on it. Task swotching is same as woth prevoius build. Photo back up on one drive doesn't work now, sometimes don't get notifications for SmS, skype videodoesn't work.
I've done hard reset.I'm using Lumia 735. I'll try tommorow to get back to 8.1 and reinstall really hope for better experience, but...

Imessed with scaling on my phone last night, increaing and decreasing, and suddenly it became much faster. Back to original value and it jept new smoothness. Much better.
Maybe there is scaling issue which slows down?

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd add in...
am a couple of days down the line now, and the battery is absolutely incredible, yesterday I barely used the phone and from the morning to going to bed it had 72% still left.
Today I've used it 'average use' and still have 60% left.
Very happy with that!

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Update on the hard reset. I went ahead with it reluctantly because there were a few apps I didn't want to lose that are now gone from the app store(SuperTube was one of them). However upon a fresh restart and not using one of my restore points, this build is 95% flawless for me on my Lumia 920. Seriously. It's fast. Smooth. Responsive. And I say 95% flawless cause there are still a few brief instances of "resuming" but much more acceptable than the "loading" cases that made my phone completely unusable. Also I absolutely hate the Edge browser at this point in comparison to Chrome which I use every day on my Xperia Z3. Don't get me wrong, the scrolling and navigation of pages is quicker and smoother but I find it slow and unresponsive to taps and web pages often reload or crash at some points even in static use. The keyboard is a lot faster when typing as well and any changes I've made have not caused the OS to go into a "loading" state. I would highly recommend this build with the prior caution that you will almost have to do a hard reset and start completely new.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on build 10549.4 now and it's running fantastic, fast using Lumia 928. I was on 10536 with all the problems and was almost unusable I went back to 8.1 I left it do all updates then loaded the insider preview app signed I and updated to 10549.4 and not using any restore from back up. Reloaded insider preview again and left it do the other update "note" starting at 8.1 I left it do all it's system's apps updates from the store and then also checked for any other updates and left it to settle in for a little while before moving to the next build and not signing in until needed. At the end I choose not to do a master reset and my outcome is as follows. It is lightning fast and all apps load almost as fast as 8.1 I have background image on start screen and a least 35 apps too. No loading or resuming insures, I have glance that only show time, I have my image on lock screen and showing calendar, all setting's seen to be working fine, here drive maps work fine, the phone open's and close's very fast no loading I don't use pin code, it powers off and on quickly. At this point I'm almost afraid to move to any other builds because of the way this is running, I had this now running from last Saturday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon