How is your battery life on W10M build 10549?

01mggt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: how is your battery life on w10m build 10549?

Since updating all the core apps yesterday my battery life on my icon is now massively better

01mggt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

I should add that I did not do a hard reset at all and have Cortana enabled

Blenyc

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Nokia 1520 here without Cortana and all applications turned off battery runs out pretty fast even when you dont use it.Already reset it twice.Battery usage doesnt show any application draining battery or email stuck.

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
On my Lumia 640 battery life was HORRID on Build 10536. But now with build 10549(With Cortana off) I go through a whole day from 10 AM to 12 AM with mid-heavy usage and end day with around 46% battery. Not bad compared to Crapple products. But pretty good compared to 8.1

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My Icon is running with my backup restored, with Cortana on, location services on, everything the way I ran with 8.1 and the battery life is on par with 8.1. Far cry over the last build. Now Gabe did say that the Cortana bug may affect users, which means it also may not. My route was 10536>8.1>Restore backup>Denim>10549. No hard resets involved. I did let my phone do all of its background stuff, once 10549 was loaded, during the night while I slept; i.e. I didn't mess with it until it was completed.

So far this build has performance close to 8.1 with a few bugs here and there, at least for me. YMMV.

Montpbm

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site

So bad! It's ridiculously horrible! So bad it's funny.. I have to keep it connected almost all day..

MACRM32

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
FB messenger still makes my phone catch on fire. Other than that, seems to be on par with a fresh 10536, aka, just shy of 8.1 levels.

But seriously, if anyone on FB's team is out there... Please get the universal app out ASAP. My phone can fry an egg :cry:

hellstrm_robert

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

I have much better battery life now on 10549 compared to 10536. also apps opening much faster and overall much smoother performance

Ivaylo Badinov

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Please note, that upgrading to this version requires complete wipeout of your phone, which means you remove all apps that work in the background and use battery. So after upgrade you might not have the same setup (you may miss to restore some apps or settings) and your test could not be relevant.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I only get about 4 hours on a LUMIA 635. This is under "normal" use - mostly sitting on my desk where I exchange text messages, some emails and maybe 15 minutes of streaming iHeartRadio during breaks. It's all very exciting. Not.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I only get about 4 hours on a LUMIA 635. This is under "normal" use - mostly sitting on my desk where I exchange text messages, some emails and maybe 15 minutes of streaming iHeartRadio during breaks. It's all very exciting. Not.

Disable first of all Cortana, Store, Facebook app background and anything else you don't use. My 520 returned to it''s original one day lasting

buddy007

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Disable first of all Cortana, Store, Facebook app background and anything else you don't use. My 520 returned to it''s original one day lasting
Your 520 lasts you a day?! My 525 doesn't even give me 6hrs at max with my daily average usage(which is pretty above average I reckon) oh, this is on wp8.1

DecadeMoon

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have problems with random battery drains (920). I'll pick up my phone after not using for a while, it is warm and surprise surprise the battery has drained quite significantly :/

DannyValley

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The reasons why I went back to 8.1 are BATTERY LIFE, MS EDGE, and slow response of action center when pulling down! Everything else worked great on my Lumia 640 LTE. I live in Budapest so Cortana is completely turned off since it doesn't support Hungarian language and battery life was still bad :/ I also used 150% and 175% text scaling to get more tiles on my start screen and I must say it is an outstanding feature! Great job MS! Although, I could use a "clear all" option in the recent apps screen. Oh and I didn't have any issues with text scaling. In addition, I noticed that Camera quality is better in W10 than in 8.1 (using Windows camera). Also, I find it frustrating that on my gf's iPhone 5s (safari browser) the Windows Central website opens much faster and scrolling is a LOT better too. Other websites are pretty much the same. The Windows central website is pretty slow on my laptop W10 as well. I believe it has to do smthg with the browser...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss