Can't update some apps on WM 10 store!

GearDoGi

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Every time I open store to update some apps the apps begin to update and when the update is almost done I receive and "Error - Try again" message! Microsoft apps like groove,photos etc are updating without problems. Every other app give me the error message!
Is there any fix because I don't want to uninstall and reinstall many of this apps(games) because I ve spend a lot of real-money for in-app purchases?
Thanks in advance!

Biju P

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Every time I open store to update some apps the apps begin to update and when the update is almost done I receive and "Error - Try again" message! Microsoft apps like groove,photos etc are updating without problems. Every other app give me the error message!
Is there any fix because I don't want to uninstall and reinstall many of this apps(games) because I ve spend a lot of real-money for in-app purchases?
Thanks in advance!

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm running latest production builds on my 830/650/950 with my experience being somewhat different. Don't receive any errors but sometimes during download the apps quickly disappear and requires me to go through the process of rechecking for updates, re-downloading blah blah blah. Had instances where it took upwards of 7-8 tries before completing.

You shouldn't lose any any in-app purchases even if uninstalled/reinstalled, game or settings in general probably. Upon re-downloading it should recognize you own the app reinstating purchase history.

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm running latest production builds on my 830/650/950 with my experience being somewhat different. Don't receive any errors but sometimes during download the apps quickly disappear and requires me to go through the process of rechecking for updates, re-downloading blah blah blah. Had instances where it took upwards of 7-8 tries before completing.

You shouldn't lose any any in-app purchases even if uninstalled/reinstalled, game or settings in general probably. Upon re-downloading it should recognize you own the app reinstating purchase history.

I had that a few builds ago, and if I wanted to download something from the store, it would get stuck on "Working", the fix for that was restarting the phone, after a few builds they fixed it, but now, on 15055 I'm getting the same problems mentioned in the first post - some apps update fine, but some get stuck on "Error - try again", so far I have 4 such apps: Store, OneNote, Outlook Mail and Calendar, and Feedback Hub

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I had that a few builds ago, and if I wanted to download something from the store, it would get stuck on "Working", the fix for that was restarting the phone, after a few builds they fixed it, but now, on 15055 I'm getting the same problems mentioned in the first post - some apps update fine, but some get stuck on "Error - try again", so far I have 4 such apps: Store, OneNote, Outlook Mail and Calendar, and Feedback Hub

Yeah the App Store has been very inconsistent for me usually trying my patience each and every time. Have had the occasional errors too which were rectified by closing and relaunching store app, rechecking for updates or just reinitiating download again, latter may take several pokes to get it to complete. Can only hope MS will, one day, get things sorted allowing for a more consistent experience. Will admit it has gotten better to a small degree but it is still like watching paint dry upon every use. :grin:

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Same thing here. Downloading Store apps will go no further then "working" for a couple days at a time. Then the next day you'll check download and updates from the Store menu and it'll be working on app updates. At the point you can successfully add new apps. Very sporadic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills