I made an update to the new build and now the store app disappeared.how can I get it back?

Gillis Haest

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I made an update to the new build and now the store app disappeared..

So the other day I made the jump from build 10536 to build 10549 on my Lumia 920, by downgrading to windows phone 8.1, installing the Windows Insider app and updating on the Fast Ring. When windows 10 mobile build 10549 installed, I did a hard reset and restored from backup. After all the apps installed, I once again configured the device for Fast Ring, restarted the device, found a Language support update and restarted again. Half of my apps said 'pending', I let it sit for a while and that fixed itself, but I noticed the Store was gone from the start screen (empty tile) and the app list. after a search with Cortana she tells me what I think is the place where the Store is installed on my Lumia (for reasons the site thinks i'm posting a link and it won't let me post it) so I believe it is still there, only the link is gone somehow. So I can't use the store for now.. Does anybody know how I can fix this without hard resetting?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: I made an update to the new build and now the store app disappeared..

So the other day I made the jump from build 10536 to build 10549 on my Lumia 920, by downgrading to windows phone 8.1, installing the Windows Insider app and updating on the Fast Ring. When windows 10 mobile build 10549 installed, I did a hard reset and restored from backup. After all the apps installed, I once again configured the device for Fast Ring, restarted the device, found a Language support update and restarted again. Half of my apps said 'pending', I let it sit for a while and that fixed itself, but I noticed the Store was gone from the start screen (empty tile) and the app list. after a search with Cortana she tells me what I think is the place where the Store is installed on my Lumia (for reasons the site thinks i'm posting a link and it won't let me post it) so I believe it is still there, only the link is gone somehow. So I can't use the store for now.. Does anybody know how I can fix this without hard resetting?

You must hard reset lool. You have no choice. That's why it's a technical preview and not a developer preview or beta

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site

there was an update for the store that came out 2 days ago something must went wrong ... and yes hard reset is the only choice here

Gillis Haest

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site

Yes, I know the dangers and risks of a technical preview, but this never happened before. But it's allright now, I waited a day and it has magically fixed itself :D I assume the store still worked in the background, and it updated itself and restored that missing link. thanks for the suggestions though :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3