What w10m is still missing?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
In W10M that functionality is gone. [...] The 8.1 one was really good, I'm wondering, why they changed it?

Exactly. Some of the functionality of WP8.1 is just missing, they either kicked it out or just not added it again (yet). That's why I posted the list, to show which of these features are still interesting to me.

Not sure what you mean about background for lock screen pin keypad. When I unlock my phone it shows my lock screen background.

While unlocking, there is no background for the pin keypad, just white numbers in front of a maybe bright image. Some Builds ago and in WP8.1 the lockscreen just moved up a bit and unleashed a pinpad with a dark background. That was nice looking and consistent.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I am more or less okay with W10 features. W10M is still very rough around the edges though, what I want now is a refinement. The other day I got a call on my unpublished number, a caller, some marketing guy claimed the number was generated by computer for him, yeah right. Anyway I though I'd block the number in case he'd have another go. Yes, there's a context menu for that only it does nothing and number was not on the blocked list. And there's a lot of things like this. Setting a monthly mobile data limit is not working, etc.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
They should let either phones 5 inches or higher snap 2 apps side by side like pc and Xbox

Battery saver is missing time since last charge

TechnoReact-Site

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
they removed it from last build....... but what does it do anyway?

i had my phone on 4g only, couldn't get phonecalls, only data.

In cases where you have a week 3g or 4g network, you may be auto switched to a 2g network. "Only" options enforces it to be on the same network even though the signal is low. Very helpful when accessing internet.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
In cases where you have a week 3g or 4g network, you may be auto switched to a 2g network. "Only" options enforces it to be on the same network even though the signal is low. Very helpful when accessing internet.

I know that, but i think this feature (or at least that's what happened to me) means, that when you set it on 4g only, you only get a data connection.

because, i couldn't make nor receive phone calls when 4g only was set..... but internet worked fine.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
But then, what would be the basis of all the features and perks in a phone - or any product for that matter? :wink:

If you want to look at it that way, go for it. Yeah, what people want is what feeds features. That doesn't make this a feature:

Ditching pivots where they should be available like in the groove app

That's just a general complaint about a change. His saying "useful" menus is also incorrect, because that implies that the pop-out menus have no use. I hate them as much as anyone, but that doesn't make them useless.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. Some of the functionality of WP8.1 is just missing, they either kicked it out or just not added it again (yet). That's why I posted the list, to show which of these features are still interesting to me.

While unlocking, there is no background for the pin keypad, just white numbers in front of a maybe bright image. Some Builds ago and in WP8.1 the lockscreen just moved up a bit and unleashed a pinpad with a dark background. That was nice looking and consistent.

Oh I see what you mean. I do prefer the way it is now. Looks more seamless and almost part of the lock screen image.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Looks more seamless and almost part of the lock screen image.

For me it is the opposite, looks unfinished and foreign to the OS. If you do not need to enter a PIN, you move the lockscreen image together with the content (clock, notifications) upwards. But if you have to enter a PIN, you move just the content without the lockscreen image upwards and a PIN keypad appears. So the lockscreen content seems to be not part of the lockscreen.

Rehan73

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I feel, W10 still do not have app to lock any other app like AppLocker in Android. What ever locker apps Windows Mobile has they just lock from tile but anyone can open App from Applist.
This is very much required in Windows Mobile. If there is any then please let me know

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I feel, W10 still do not have app to lock any other app like AppLocker in Android. What ever locker apps Windows Mobile has they just lock from tile but anyone can open App from Applist.

This is very much required in Windows Mobile. If there is any then please let me know

Umm.. Then would you need an App Locker app to lock the App Locker?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site

Maybe I just don't get it, but what would be the use of this? Why not use a PIN or Windows Hello? Also there is App Locker if you want want everyone to use particular apps on your phone without authentication.

EDIT: Actually I meant "Apps Corner", not Locker... ;)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte