Unuseful hamburger menu in some apps
Ditching pivots where they should be available like in the groove app
No task manager to see whats using the phone resources
These are what annoy me the most

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I'll never understand why people want landscape view on the Start screen. I see absolutely no benefit and haven't heard any either.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
This was actually already there in WP8.1, should be brought back for the final build:
  • Office: Support for SharePoint, at least files (for professional use, at least the own professional products should be supported! should generally work already, but there is no possibility to add the own server to intranet zone like on the desktop)
  • Outlook: Tasks (can not organize the day without it, should be integrated or first party app)
  • Edge: Sync favorites, plugins or tracking lists, screenshot tile for pinned sites without own content, some feedback (animation?) while loading site (sometimes there is not even a progress bar)
  • QR scanner and song identification
  • Battery tile
  • Background for lockscreen PIN keypad

New features, just nice to have:
  • VPN type SSTP
  • Use proximity sensor to turn off vibration while out of the pocket
  • Full system image like with WP7 and Zune

Landscape start screen could work like on the desktop, where the tile groups are placed to fit best in landscape.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'll never understand why people want landscape view on the Start screen. I see absolutely no benefit and haven't heard any either.

Okay so I'm so I'm using my phone in landscape mode, I wanna go to the start screen to launch a new app, have to rotate the phone to see what I'm doing, then I select another app I want to use on landscape, then I have to rotate the phone again. Think about how annoying that is.

EDIT: It would be really cool to have the same start screen as windows on the PC too.

Last edited:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
This was actually already there in WP8.1, should be brought back for the final build:
  • Office: Support for SharePoint, at least files (for professional use, at least the own professional products should be supported! should generally work already, but there is no possibility to add the own server to intranet zone like on the desktop)
  • Outlook: Tasks (can not organize the day without it, should be integrated or first party app)
  • Edge: Sync favorites, plugins or tracking lists, screenshot tile for pinned sites without own content, some feedback (animation?) while loading site (sometimes there is not even a progress bar)
  • QR scanner and song identification
  • Battery tile
  • Background for lockscreen PIN keypad

New features, just nice to have:
  • VPN type SSTP
  • Use proximity sensor to turn off vibration while out of the pocket
  • Full system image like with WP7 and Zune

Landscape start screen could work like on the desktop, where the tile groups are placed to fit best in landscape.

The battery is always displayed in the top corner. If you want a battery tile there are many apps available in the store.
I suggest you get an app called QR scanner RS. It's pretty sweet.

Landscape mode is something that may come. There's quite a lot of feedback for it.

Most things are still in development so can't say that an of these things will change. Simple stuff that was available in photos previously is just getting added like albums and favourites. So they are definitely working on it.

Edge syncing of reading lists is there. My guess favourites and everything else is coming as well.

Not sure what you mean about background for lock screen pin keypad. When I unlock my phone it shows my lock screen background.

I rather not make any lists at this point because I know it's a work in progress. Once it goes RTM i'll see what's missing and make my suggestions then. But feedback app is a great place to start. Though sometimes I give pretty good feedback ideas but it seems they never make it anywhere. I've tried seeing my own feedback and it seems to be lost within all the other highly voted feedback. And using "most recent" doesn't show it either. And a lot of feedback that has already been fixed is still there filling up the space for stuff that could be more useful to display.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I'm so I'm using my phone in landscape mode, I wanna go to the start screen to launch a new app, have to rotate the phone to see what I'm doing, then I select another app I want to use on landscape, then I have to rotate the phone again. Think about how annoying that is.

EDIT: It would be really cool to have the same start screen as windows on the PC too.

Well, I wouldn't want my phone to be limited to what the PC allows. I love my transparent tiles and background and images. But if you mean to have the PC one sync with your phone, that would be awesome.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, I wouldn't want my phone to be limited to what the PC allows. I love my transparent tiles and background and images. But if you mean to have the PC one sync with your phone, that would be awesome.

Well transparent tiles and backgrounds in landscape would be really nice too

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The battery is always displayed in the top corner. If you want a battery tile there are many apps available in the store.

In WP8.1, the battery saver app had a live tile that also showed the battery levels in real-time. In W10M that functionality is gone. Sure, you can get Battery Tile apps, but they usually refresh once every 30 minutes. The 8.1 one was really good, I'm wondering, why they changed it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb