error code 14 on lumia 930 with windows 10 installed.

paulnaama

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I am really getting a run around with this and literally getting nowhere.

i have a lumia 930 which should be sufficient for doing what everyone else is achieving.

i have enrolled in the windows insider. i installed windows insider and opted for the "fast" option.
It then installed windows 10 on my phone and all looks good.

I then went to "for developers" and enabled "developer mode" and enabled device discovery.

I used the program wconnect;

C:\Users\xav\Downloads\wphone\APKDeployment>wconnect usb
Creating session...

Please enter the pin for the device to be paired and connected: N2d7G4
There was a problem booting the Astoria platform on the Windows device. Error co
de = 14
It shows on the phone 1 device paired so its doing that part ok.

am i missing the developer extras package?

I feel that maybe it. which probably has the android development stuff.

if i goto check for updates it says i am up to date.

Please help!

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
You're not out of luck, they just removed it for this particular build. I think it should be back next time. You can try the slow ring build (10166) but it won't be as up-to-date as this build

paulnaama

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
You're not out of luck, they just removed it for this particular build. I think it should be back next time. You can try the slow ring build (10166) but it won't be as up-to-date as this build

so do i need to restore to 8.1 and go through the whole process again? because i have the latest build on my phone right now.
if i do slow, will it give me the update immediately?

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty eager to get Astoria back, but I'm waiting until the next build, most likely comes back then. Just not sure when that will be.

And yes, you would have to start all over again

paulnaama

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
well thats a bummer.

seems like everyone and their mother are running android apps on their windows phones.
i have two phones, the 930 and the 640xl .... both are updated to the latest and sadly i am now out of luck.
i dont get why they skipped astario in this upgrade?

oh well. back to square 0.

paulnaama

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
good news. found the solution. perhaps you can try it also.

go back to 8.1 using the "Windows Device Recovery Tool".

After which, install windows insider and choose the "Slow ring".
it'll immediately give you version 10166 and it has Astoria.

I am not sure though why it gave me 10166 since there are other versions more up to date. i guess thats what slow defines as stable?

xenbian

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I get the same connection error after trying to parr the connection over usb I'm on the slow (insider) preview running windows10 10.0.10586.29 it seems there is no deamon to get connected with here also. It seems the project is now more or less for selected insider/users, I've signed up for that. It could also be I'm missing something here any clue anyone. I'm using a 930 for my setup.:unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh no! I've just discovered this but I'm already on the latest build that has got rid of Astoria. I hope it makes a comeback but it's not looking promising from the look of things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99