Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
With the exception of the display, an extra lens of the camera, and the model of the logic board, it is identical to the 920. It's running great on mine - fluid and less crash-prone. Few bugs here and there, and the battery life is not very good but it's getting there. A clean 10549.4 install is quite few steps ahead from any previous build.

Romulo_Ferreira

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I am using it on my 925 since Saturday. In comparison to the last preview build I installed (10240, I guess - don't remember anymore) it's pretty stable, and all apps are working.
Some glitches here and there, but nothing that compromises. The speed is good, but not so fast like on 8.1. The only bug until now is that I cannot change the 4 main toggles in the Action Center, it crashes. And the battery life is much worse than on 8.1, it drains much faster. Notice that I haven't hard resetted the phone.
If you are willing to test it, it may be the time, if you do not depend on some specific apps that may not work properly. But be prepared to roll back (always), if something goes out of plan!

Mahmoud Hussein

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I am using it on my 925 since Saturday. In comparison to the last preview build I installed (10240, I guess - don't remember anymore) it's pretty stable, and all apps are working.
Some glitches here and there, but nothing that compromises. The speed is good, but not so fast like on 8.1. The only bug until now is that I cannot change the 4 main toggles in the Action Center, it crashes. And the battery life is much worse than on 8.1, it drains much faster. Notice that I haven't hard resetted the phone.
If you are willing to test it, it may be the time, if you do not depend on some specific apps that may not work properly. But be prepared to roll back (always), if something goes out of plan!

So is it stable enough to use on my only daily device?

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

I'd suggest you wait for the next build, coming soon. If you only have the 925 as a daily driver and you've been waiting this long to play with it, you better not risk anything. The builds so far have needed a hard reset to pick up fluidity and drop any bugs due to corrupted upgrades.

Romulo_Ferreira

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

I'm using it on my daily driver, but I don't use the phone for work or something like that. Also, I'm willing to roll it back as soon as I notice it's not attending my needs. If you are not willing to risk hours reinstalling everything, or you need your phone working flawlessly, I'd recommend to wait for the next build, like Nicholas said, and install it after a couple of days and after reading some reviews from people who installed it (even though I don't see a lot of 925 owners here :( ). It's like on PC, the last Insider build was released on Slow Ring and some driver update broke my Internet connection (wifi and Ethernet), so I had to roll back to 10547 - so it's not guaranteed it's going to work better, although it should.
But if you want to play and have time and patience to do so, I'd say it's a nice build, from my experience and from what I read around here.

Mahmoud Hussein

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I'd suggest you wait for the next build, coming soon. If you only have the 925 as a daily driver and you've been waiting this long to play with it, you better not risk anything. The builds so far have needed a hard reset to pick up fluidity and drop any bugs due to corrupted upgrades.

Thanks mate!

Mahmoud Hussein

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm using it on my daily driver, but I don't use the phone for work or something like that. Also, I'm willing to roll it back as soon as I notice it's not attending my needs. If you are not willing to risk hours reinstalling everything, or you need your phone working flawlessly, I'd recommend to wait for the next build, like Nicholas said, and install it after a couple of days and after reading some reviews from people who installed it (even though I don't see a lot of 925 owners here :( ). It's like on PC, the last Insider build was released on Slow Ring and some driver update broke my Internet connection (wifi and Ethernet), so I had to roll back to 10547 - so it's not guaranteed it's going to work better, although it should.
But if you want to play and have time and patience to do so, I'd say it's a nice build, from my experience and from what I read around here.

Thanks a lot

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Working fine for me in daily use and IME battery life is better than 10536, although still not as good as 8.1.

Issues I've found are can't change the quick action buttons (noted above), can't set a 2nd mailbox as a quick status option on the lock screen, MSN Weather still doesn't work with the lock screen (using AccuWeather which does). Haven't tested bluetooth SMS reader yet, which wasn't working before.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Working fine for me in daily use and IME battery life is better than 10536, although still not as good as 8.1.

Issues I've found are can't change the quick action buttons (noted above), can't set a 2nd mailbox as a quick status option on the lock screen, MSN Weather still doesn't work with the lock screen (using AccuWeather which does). Haven't tested bluetooth SMS reader yet, which wasn't working before.

is Accuweather Live tile transparent on your device?

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Don't use the live tile, but just tried and it and I'm just seeing the icon rather than a live tile. I only use it on the lock screen though, so not an issue for me.

Edit: took a while to update, the live tile works but isn't transparent.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99