No Outlook sound notifications.

EvEr34

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been tinkering with this since yesterday. I can't get any sound notification for outlook mail. I've reinstalled and nothing seems to work. Anyone else having this issue

HinoMusouka

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Could you share how (and what did you do)? I am having the same issue.

EDIT: Yeah, I found it too. It seems that setting sound for Outlook Mail in Notifications in Settings center doesn't work unless you check the same options in Settings within Outlook Mail app itself. I find it very confusing - a bug or a feature?

DaFrenchman

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I've got my settings set in both locations but still no notification noise--very annoying. Also can't seem to find where to have the sound muted when it knows I'm in a meeting--I feel like i'm just not looking in the right spot. Really liked that feature.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Could you share how (and what did you do)? I am having the same issue.

EDIT: Yeah, I found it too. It seems that setting sound for Outlook Mail in Notifications in Settings center doesn't work unless you check the same options in Settings within Outlook Mail app itself. I find it very confusing - a bug or a feature?

Not a bug. The reason for this is to allow different notification types for different accounts. For example, you could set one account to pay a sound on new mail, and another account to just give a notification with no sound.

Confusing, but the is a reason for it.

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Reboot doesn't/didn't work for me (Lumia 640) running the lastest Insider Preview.
Enabling in both settings/Outlook mail didn't/doesn't work either.
It did work before in earlier releases.
I upgraded this time round without hard reset for the very first time so wondering if this is behind it.

Alpedra

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Already checked the outlook/settings center, but I get no Outlook notification sounds. It worked before in earlier releases.

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Try and enable also notifications banners, in both places. This worked for me on Lumia 950 with latest .36 insider build. Without banners it doesn't play sounds... One of the many bugs...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa