12-26-2015 10:37 PM
974 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    My 720 isn't detecting my router, any ideas??????
    10-21-2015 11:34 AM
    Its synced for me, maybe because I also have the latest Insider windows 10 desktop version, with Edge that have this enabled?
    First image was without sync settings on. Whoops! However, it still doesn't actually work yet -- for me.

wp_ss_20151021_0005.jpg
    Mathew K Jose likes this.
    10-21-2015 11:40 AM
    Lost all my whatsapp chats after restore from backup. Previously it would detect the auto backup on the SD card. When I got around to troubleshooting (they suggest uninstalling and reinstalling), it had already written the new empty state as a backup, killing anything that might have been on the SD card. :(
    10-21-2015 11:41 AM
    O, apparently I can't turn on Wi-fi... is this a problem for anyone else? It states that I need a restart, but same thing happens after I restart my phone.

And Microsoft Edge isn't working...
    10-21-2015 11:46 AM
    First image was without sync settings on. Whoops! However, it still doesn't actually work yet -- for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20151021_0005.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	114857
    I deleted some favs @ desktop, lets see if it syncs with mobile, but it did sync first time, got quite annoyed seeing all those favs going back 10 years :)
    10-21-2015 11:49 AM
    Anyone trying this build in 512mb devices ? How is the perfomance ? The photos app when zooming in and out ? It is laggy ? And the camera app. Sorry for my bad english
    10-21-2015 11:50 AM
    SMS sync NOT Working. WTF.
    Bug?
    solution for this problem?
    10-21-2015 11:52 AM
    The only problem I have had is that all of my text messages did not get updated. Has anyone else experienced this?
    10-21-2015 11:53 AM
    Installed the update this morning (Oct 21 2015) and after my 830 restarted, it wouldn't recognize my SD card. I popped it out and reset it several times, restarted several times, and verified that the card can be read in my PC. I'm doing a hard reset now hoping that might fix it. If not, might be going back to 8.1. :-(
    I have this exact same thing.

SD apps all show Unavailable. SD apps did work for a short while under this build but it then stopped and hasn't recovered.

AT&T 830 full Denim fw.
    10-21-2015 11:55 AM
    I deleted some favs @ desktop, lets see if it syncs with mobile, but it did sync first time, got quite annoyed seeing all those favs going back 10 years :)
    Tried creating new favourites, on phone and PC, and it started to sync them all.
    10-21-2015 11:56 AM
    Does anyone know if the backup photos to onedrive is working? doesn't appear to be backing my photos up
    Lumia 1520

Photos are backing up fine to OneDrive. Make sure you go into OneDrive and check the settings.

Also, I am using Lumia Camera. I never received Microsoft Camera.
    10-21-2015 11:58 AM
    Just tried Microsoft Camera and it took the image at the proper resolution. I had a similar issue, with the previous build, when the camera application was still slowly saving earlier shots. I believe it could be something to do with Living Images, try turning it off.

Nice that they added some text to the one-handed mode:

Attachment 114846

Screenshot function seems a little off for me. It says it couldn't take a screenshot, but still does.

I, also, get the lock screen picture not sliding up. Not sure if it's a bug or intended.

Previous build, 10549, had an issue with the address bar for Edge. Would show mostly when opening another tab. It has been fixed in this build. The text for advanced in Edge, is also using the correct font, unlike 10549.
    It would be cool if they could allow you to put a widget of some sort there. Like apps that support it could display weather or information like that. Full battery information, anything to fill that space. you could check things just by dropping the screen quickly.
    10-21-2015 12:03 PM
    Super stable and fluid on my 640XL DS!

Store its faster than ever
    Store updates are super fast
    No delays no freezes
    No sound issues

If you were looking for a daily use driver, be my guest you can grab this build even if you have to rollback to 8.1 when a newer one comes out. Not sure if it applies to this build as well.

So basically, my feedback its pretty positive since i am using every single build since day one release. I dare to say that we have our hands on pre-RTM os. Or something really near.
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    10-21-2015 12:06 PM
    super good with exceptions like that the area where the phone charges gets hot when charging and screen stutters sometimes at the top of the start screen when swiping.
    10-21-2015 12:06 PM
    Some people didn't like the vibrate on pick up; it has now been made optional in this build.

wp_ss_20151021_0006.jpg
    10-21-2015 12:12 PM
    This new build is awesome only 1 problem whatsapp notifications are not displayed on lockscreen solution for this?
    10-21-2015 12:22 PM
    Does any one update lumia 730 in this build??? If yes. What is your experience please tell me
    10-21-2015 12:25 PM
    Got it running on my L520, it's running ok. Settings crashed changing start screen background.
    Still seeing resuming and loading screens sometimes and blank screen waiting on apps to load.
    So the real test will be running all day, the last build would act funny about every 12 hours (messaging crash, not respond, etc.) and would require a reboot.
    A new thing, store will say Update Available for an app, but will not start downloading until you select it.
    I like this because I don't have to wait for updates to apps I don't use.
    10-21-2015 12:26 PM
    Cant get one drive app to sync over Wifi for Cell.. strange it says cant connect to network. rebooted several times and still no joy.

fixed it

Ran one note.. that connected to one drive and sorted out the issue with the onedrive app.
    10-21-2015 12:28 PM
    It looks like third time's a charm for me. I just got finished with my 3rd install of this build and it finally sees my SD card. Now I can get down to business testing out all the goodies.
    10-21-2015 12:28 PM
    I wanted to follow up my post from yesterday - on the second attempt the update went through.

If you have a 1020, be sure to be patient after the build installs, when it reboots for the first time - it could take 10 minutes to get to the Windows logo from the "NOKIA" logo!! Be patient, it will go through.

I am finding this version to be way faster and easier on the battery. Rarely seeing the "resuming" message now.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    10-21-2015 12:34 PM
    Been up and running for about an hour (hard reset and app installs/updates completed).

Absolutely see a huge improvement in performance on my 830.

two things I've noticed so far:

1) Edge: They've broken out some options from the "hub" (favorites), so easier and quicker to access.

3) Photo app: No longer pulls in every photo from every folder on OneDrive. Photos folder only. Not sure when this was fixed, actually. But, I'm just noticing it now.

Early impressions? I'm no longer worried about "RTM" based on what I've seen from this build.
    JohnStrk likes this.
    10-21-2015 12:35 PM
    SMS sync NOT Working. WTF.
    Bug?
    solution for this problem?
    Patience. It's taken days for mine to completely sync running 10549. I find it seems to pick up several months each time I restart it. I also found that many apps show as if installed but all you get is the splash screen. Going to the Store and looking at Downloads and updates I would have several that had an error. I paused them which allowed the others to start installing. Took quite a while but they finally all did install.
    madapo likes this.
    10-21-2015 12:43 PM
    This new build is awesome only 1 problem whatsapp notifications are not displayed on lockscreen solution for this?
    Whatsapp is weird. If you have a different region on the phone than your phone number it causes issues I noticed. Do you that sort of setup?

EDIT: I have an issue where my Line chat app can't download stickers. Crashes while downloading. :(
    10-21-2015 12:44 PM
    Fast and fluid on L830 - and Smooooth. Nice animations to/from the Start screen. Restored a backup from 10549. That restored most, but not all, apps.

At first pass using it this afternoon everything is there and working - glance, tap, Wi-Fi , messaging.
    Finally sync in Edge and , as above, favs/Reading List/etc. does not require multiple taps.

Motion Data is still not installing, but curiously, it has appeared in Settings. Both Motion and Motion Data. The second one wasn't there earlier. Also getting Block and Filter repeatedly turning up in Store updates.

Counters in live-tiles are now black circles with the numbers inside. Circles in Contacts now too big? is the font in the app list bigger?

This release bodes well for RTM sooner than I'd have thought a week ago.
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    10-21-2015 12:50 PM
974 ... 89101112 ...