Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Compare your bat life to 8.1 though?

I can honestly say that the battery drain on the previous build was HORRIBLE! I want from 100% to 23% in under 3 hours. This build however has GREAT battery life on my Lumia Icon! I think it is VERY comparable to W8.1 usage. A few bugs here and there, mostly related to downloading apps and a few app crashes (settings trying to change notification sounds), and of course still no "Hey Cortana," but all-in-all, this build can easily be used as a daily driver. I'm VERY pleased with this build and look forward to the continued progress Microsoft is making on Win10 Mobile!

TheKingsEighth

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Installed the update this morning (Oct 21 2015) and after my 830 restarted, it wouldn't recognize my SD card. I popped it out and reset it several times, restarted several times, and verified that the card can be read in my PC. I'm doing a hard reset now hoping that might fix it. If not, might be going back to 8.1. :-(

Mine is doing the same thing. The funny thing though is that Groove Music picks up all my music on my SD card. It might just be an issue with it detecting any apps on the SD card.

ausidog

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
<About SMS not syncing for any messages newer than a year old>

Did your SMS sync normally after connecting your MS account? Mine seems not synching at all.

I had this problem. Messages from over a year ago were showing up, but nothing newer. NOTHING I did would fix this. I tried forcing account settings to sync (the old WP8.1 trick), I tried forcing Cortana's settings, messaging settings, outlook syncing, restarting, re-syncing, forcing the app to close, etc. Tried all of this for hours, including idle time to let it just "catch up". Nothing worked.

Then, I just sent a text message. Bam! Now my messages are syncing again! So... apparently that's the trick. Just send an SMS message.

EDIT: Okay., I might have called this one too early. It started downloading messages, but then the syncing stopped. I don't know what's up.

pjrudd

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Upgrade is running, but I have been noticing some strange little issues on my 640. Blueskies no longer will do a wide tile, strange hickups with the phone app, it always goes directly to the home screen when I answer or make a call, leaving the bar at the top of the screen. I have done a reset on my phone and that hasn't resolved it.

anon(8776489)

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Are you able to verify your account on this build? When I want to sync my passwords, I can't verify my account. Settings - Accounts - Sync your settings and there if I want to sync passwords, I need to verify my identity on this device. But when I click on the VERIFY, nothing happens. So I can't verify my account and sync my passwords.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
So there's now the option in mobile Edge to sync favorites and reading lists across devices. But, mine is off and greyed out. It says some Windows features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account. Anyone else's greyed out?

PBLNS

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Can someone confirm if MixRadio is available to install in win10? this is what makes me come back to 8.1 every single time =|

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded my Icon to the new os. Couple things I noticed right off the bat. One was mentioned in the video, where after taking a pic, when I tap the circle to view it, nothing happens. The second major issue I have is that it takes 12 seconds to open up the messaging app, and another 10 to open a particular message thread.

This is my first time upgrading to a W10M build, and not the biggest fan of the circle pics under People.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
How are the Cortana improvements? Can she read and let you respond to texts via Bluetooth in the car again? And working with BAND again?

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Saw this mentioned somewhere else in the thread, upon initial boot after upgrade, it took a couple resets in order for button functionality to work.

oblivionnewtonjohn

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
So far, SO MUCH FASTER. But a few items persist. When running App Update, it ALWAYS updates SMS/BLOCK and Photo Plugins. The photo plugins has always updated each time you run update since 10536, are they really updating it that fast? The SMS/Block Filter is new.

Motion Data and Lumia Tips fails to update each time. Error: 0x0803F8006

Still not getting Email notification on Glance, though SMS does now. Overall, much smoother, faster and less battery drain.

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having problem with turning on motion data?

There seems to be an update in the store, but it won't install.

Also, there seems to be a constant 'Block and Filer (global)' download. It installs OK, but when I check for update, it comes up again!

View attachment 114841
Yes, me. L1520. I tried another hard reset, now I am having the same PLUS Microsoft Pictures plugin showing up every time, Reported to feedback as two issues.

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So far, SO MUCH FASTER. But a few items persist. When running App Update, it ALWAYS updates SMS/BLOCK and Photo Plugins. The photo plugins has always updated each time you run update since 10536, are they really updating it that fast? The SMS/Block Filter is new.

Motion Data and Lumia Tips fails to update each time. Error: 0x0803F8006

Still not getting Email notification on Glance, though SMS does now. Overall, much smoother, faster and less battery drain.
Good to hear about the store quirks, I am having the same and reported it. So they will probably fix it :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss