12-26-2015 10:37 PM
974 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Does any one update lumia 730 in this build??? If yes. What is your experience please tell me
    Running generally fine on a Lumia 735.
    10-21-2015 12:51 PM
    Not sure of others, but for me Live tile notifications have died. Instead of Outlook showing a cool 1/2/3 at the bottom right, we have the ugly number inside a black circle. WhatsApp tile doesn't show notifications at all. Hard reset twice.

The build does feel much more stable, though and in "About", there's no "Preview" mentioned.
    Same here. THe thing about Whatsapp is very annoying
    10-21-2015 12:51 PM
    SensorCore not working... Im already turn on/off location function...
    10-21-2015 12:52 PM
    ADVISE ON UPGRADING TO BUILD 10572 - I had problems upgrading and still had issues until I read somewhere that taking these steps makes Build 10572 work smoothly, so I tried and IT REALLY WORKS!!

WARNING - This is a LOOOOOONNNGG process, but VERY MUCH worth it!!

Follow these steps and Build 10572 works GREAT!

1) Backup any data you don't want to lose to your PC or the cloud (pictures, documents, videos, etc.)
    2) If you are on Win10 build - return your phone to Win 8.1, DO NOT RESTORE!! If you are on W8.1, reset your phone to factory settings - DO NOT RESTORE.
    3) With phone now on Win8.1 factory settings, run through the setup process, log in and immediately download the Windows Insider Preview app. You will have to wait for all the other apps to be updated as well.
    4) After all apps are updated and Windows Insider Preview app is installed, open Windows Insider Preview app and choose "Fast Ring"
    5) Phone should restart and download and install Build 10572.
    6) Again, run setup, log in, and allow phone to run updates for all apps - DO NOT RESTORE!!!
    7) RESET your phone again! Yes, you read that correctly - RESET Win10 Build 10572 to factory settings.
    8) Reinstall the Windows Insider Preview app, open it and choose "Fast Ring"
    9) Phone will restart and install Insider Preview edition.
    10) At this point, you should have Windows 10 Build 10572 Insider Preview version reset to "factory settings." You can now begin reloading all your backup files and manually install any apps you want on your phone.

I did these steps and my Lumia Icon is actually running better than Windows Phone 8.1 did. Battery is amazing now! The only thing I don't have at this point is "Hey Cortana," but I'm sure we'll get that in future builds. I was a bit skeptical and don't exactly know why this works, but believe me, my Lumia Icon is running like it was designed for Windows 10! The back of the phone is actually COLD to the touch. I only lost 3% battery in 45 minutes and I was on a call for 20 of those minutes. Screen is smooth and quick. Apps launch quickly and have not had any crashes since doing this. Camera had a slight instance of delay in "processing" photo, but that has since disappeared. I'm finally ready to leave this build on my Lumia Icon and use as a daily driver. I just need MS to fix the "Hey Cortana" thing now, but I'm EXTREMELY please with how my Icon is working now!
    Axeelant likes this.
    SMS sync works for me. In fact, I got all these conversations I had from a while back I was confused about.

Photos shows all my oneDrive pictures properly.
    Patience. It's taken days for mine to completely sync running 10549. I find it seems to pick up several months each time I restart it. I also found that many apps show as if installed but all you get is the splash screen. Going to the Store and looking at Downloads and updates I would have several that had an error. I paused them which allowed the others to start installing. Took quite a while but they finally all did install.
    Was the same on 10549, but at least, it downloaded SMS by batch and it synced recent SMS (the ones sent and received after install).

This time, nothing syncs, past or present.
    Are you have problems with SensorCore? It didnt work for me...
    10-21-2015 01:01 PM
    Are you have problems with SensorCore? It didnt work for me...
    I only turned it ON now, and its almost sleep time, so ask again in ~20 hours ;)
    jrsolisixs likes this.
    10-21-2015 01:08 PM
    My SMS took a little bit with 10549 also. I installed 10572 last night and still no SMS syncing?
    Last edited by bigskytool; 10-22-2015 at 06:29 AM.
    10-21-2015 01:08 PM
    ADVISE ON UPGRADING TO BUILD 10572 - I had problems upgrading and still had issues until I read somewhere that taking these steps makes Build 10572 work smoothly, so I tried and IT REALLY WORKS!!

WARNING - This is a LOOOOOONNNGG process, but VERY MUCH worth it!!

Follow these steps and Build 10572 works GREAT!

1) Backup any data you don't want to lose to your PC or the cloud (pictures, documents, videos, etc.)
    2) If you are on Win10 build - return your phone to Win 8.1, DO NOT RESTORE!! If you are on W8.1, reset your phone to factory settings - DO NOT RESTORE.
    3) With phone now on Win8.1 factory settings, run through the setup process, log in and immediately download the Windows Insider Preview app. You will have to wait for all the other apps to be updated as well.
    4) After all apps are updated and Windows Insider Preview app is installed, open Windows Insider Preview app and choose "Fast Ring"
    5) Phone should restart and download and install Build 10572.
    6) Again, run setup, log in, and allow phone to run updates for all apps - DO NOT RESTORE!!!
    7) RESET your phone again! Yes, you read that correctly - RESET Win10 Build 10572 to factory settings.
    8) Reinstall the Windows Insider Preview app, open it and choose "Fast Ring"
    9) Phone will restart and install Insider Preview edition.
    10) At this point, you should have Windows 10 Build 10572 Insider Preview version reset to "factory settings." You can now begin reloading all your backup files and manually install any apps you want on your phone.

I did these steps and my Lumia Icon is actually running better than Windows Phone 8.1 did. Battery is amazing now! The only thing I don't have at this point is "Hey Cortana," but I'm sure we'll get that in future builds. I was a bit skeptical and don't exactly know why this works, but believe me, my Lumia Icon is running like it was designed for Windows 10! The back of the phone is actually COLD to the touch. I only lost 3% battery in 45 minutes and I was on a call for 20 of those minutes. Screen is smooth and quick. Apps launch quickly and have not had any crashes since doing this. Camera had a slight instance of delay in "processing" photo, but that has since disappeared. I'm finally ready to leave this build on my Lumia Icon and use as a daily driver. I just need MS to fix the "Hey Cortana" thing now, but I'm EXTREMELY please with how my Icon is working now!
    NOLA, you caught my attention with your last paragraph (ICON). I've tried the last several builds but end up rolling back to 8.1 just because of battery drain. 549 was really bad for me. Had it on for 4-5 days. Was running 512 the longest. And all 3 times I installed the insider builds, I was already installing just like you described above. Although, I didn't go back to the insider app after upgrading to 549 last week. wonder if that was my issue.
    Axeelant likes this.
    10-21-2015 01:10 PM
    You need to revert to 8.1 again, just like 10549.

Another build in a few days will fix that, if you don't want to roll back.
    Are u sure? Cuz i was possitive that this will be the build that won't require rolling back to 8.1 ha :)
    10-21-2015 01:16 PM
    Are u sure? Cuz i was possitive that this will be the build that won't require rolling back to 8.1 ha :)
    Next build. A Public vote was taken for this build's release as this bug is still present.
    Axeelant likes this.
    10-21-2015 01:19 PM
    Lumia 640
    Performed 10572 update and then waited for store to finish app updates. Ignored app failures
    Did Hard Reset
    (At this point the phone did see the SD card and had everything except New Apps pointed at SD)
    Loaded Windows Insider app and rejoined Fast Ring again. Immediately got a second small update.
    After booting back up, SD card no longer recognized. As though not present. Took it out and formatted on PC.
    Stuck it back into phone and phone immediately recognized it and prompted for choosing to direct all new photos, songs, and apps at SD card.

So in case you guys have lost SD card, this is the routine I experienced and used to get it back.

Love the new UI for moving apps to SD card!
    10-21-2015 01:19 PM
    NOLA, you caught my attention with your last paragraph (ICON). I've tried the last several builds but end up rolling back to 8.1 just because of battery drain. 549 was really bad for me. Had it on for 4-5 days. Was running 512 the longest. And all 3 times I installed the insider builds, I was already installing just like you described above. Although, I didn't go back to the insider app after upgrading to 549 last week. wonder if that was my issue.
    Believe me, I was in the same situation. I returned my phone to 8.1 so many times, I wasn't sure I even wanted to try this build, but I'm now VERY glad I did. I've been unplugged and on battery power now for almost 2 hours and I still have 88% battery, and I have over 30 apps allowed to run in the background!
    fjordstrom likes this.
    10-21-2015 01:27 PM
    On Lumia 925, battery power for 8 hours, light use, 45% left. Would have had to charge at least twice with the previous builds.
    10-21-2015 01:29 PM
    SMS are coming back, but VERY slowly.
    10-21-2015 01:36 PM
    Hi I have Lumia 640, It took almost 1hr 30 min to upgrade to build 10572 from 8.1 after upgrate its took almost 5-7 min to restart my phone.
    Soon after restart data migration started & one its completed it restarted again.
    After restart is requesting PIN to enter, However it does not recognize my PIN, After so many failed attempt i forced to re-start my phone.

Now My phone is locked up !!! Message on screen " You've entered an incorrect PIN too many times. To try again, resart your device.

I have shutdown & restarted my phone 3-4 times, each time it takes 5-7 min to startup.

Nothing happning .. Please help !!!
    10-21-2015 01:42 PM
    I have problem with badge icon in this build. I dont have badge icon for whatsapp and facebook messenger, twitter ect after receiving new notification. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    I do have badge icon on messages, outlook mail...
    10-21-2015 01:52 PM
    It's running way better. But the process was HORENDOUS. Also I made the mistake of restoring my Backup while on 8.1 and that dicked up everything. So now I've lost all of my Windows Phone 10 preferences. Do not restore a backup! It will mess everything up.
    10-21-2015 01:58 PM
    For all those who talk about battery use, it's not a good indicator of how efficient the OS will be for regular use later on if you only look at the first few days. The use is ALWAYS much more intense in the first couple of days when the phone is adjusting and setting everything up. This always happens.
    Nicholas Ek likes this.
    10-21-2015 02:03 PM
    Any developer having a problem deploying apps to device in build 10572?

I am getting this:

Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage
    Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found.

It was working fine on last build...
    10-21-2015 02:06 PM
    I know that Windows 10 is in Beta phase but it so frustrating that every beta build can't fix and some are worsen. I
    Maybe you shouldn't be in the beta program. I almost wonder if Microsoft should stop this process, because so many people simply don't seem to get it - things WILL break, and things WILL GET WORSE sometimes. And far too many people were screaming about how slow it was and how awful it would be, without knowing the process of how Microsoft works.
    I guess the feedback that Microsoft gets is worth it to them though.
    Mark Kaplan and horseybob like this.
    10-21-2015 02:06 PM
    Is it just me, or the default camera only takes photos in 1080p, while lumia camera works fine?

I just prefer default camera as it only stores photos in 16M, while lumia camera saves in 5M and 16M. I hope they get rid of this, useless feature, IMO.
    I just checked and saw the same problem - I see only 1080p resolution on my *Onedrive* cameraroll. But the thing I see is OneDrive autoupload was not enabled on my phone. Not sure how it got there. Anyway, I turned on OneDrive autoupload (and changed aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3) and I see full res photos on my OneDrive.
    10-21-2015 02:14 PM
    That's why I posted DO NOT RESTORE on my previous post. You might want to check out my previous post and start all over.
    10-21-2015 02:21 PM
    I am unable to hide navigation bar when any non native or third party apps like WhatsApp or Twitter apps are open on my 730..Is that just me or everyone with 730 facing this issue?
    DannyValley likes this.
    10-21-2015 02:26 PM
974 ... 910111213 ...