The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-26-2015 10:37 PM
974 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    I am also unable to hide navigation bar when running 3rd party apps.
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    10-21-2015 02:40 PM
    Alright, so I'm gonna have to reset anyway. Something about this build was making Groove Music eat my battery alive with close to 50 percent usage, even though I'm listening to music passively with the screen off. 1520 getting noticeably warm through the bumper too. Let's see if this corrects it. Any one else having this issue?
    10-21-2015 02:45 PM
    Battery life is showing significant improvement! Visual Voicemail is back, very little if none at all "loading/resuming", apps pin very quickly to the start screen, keyboard is really fast and responsive! I must say that this is the best build I've seen in quite some time! It is working great on 3 of my 4 devices (L640xl, L830 and L930). Currently finishing installation on my 1520, was waiting to see how the build was behaving on the other ones first before installing on my main device! :). Only negative I've noticed so far: Glance Screen and Motion Data cannot start!
    10-21-2015 03:04 PM
    Seams like the removed the Motion Data (needs for SensorCore) app from the Store. The directly link to it (http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...4-20e57f6ec52b) does not work since yesterday. That is the reason that this app is not updating.
    I already reported this to Microsoft but so far did not get any answer. Hope they are coming with an updated app, or at least fix this very soon, because I already missing this.
    10-21-2015 03:10 PM
    My Start Screen is pretty laggy.
    Scrolling and moving tiles around is pretty slow.

Overall, though, I think it's a good build.

Edge didn't sync my Favorites, for a while.
    They are there, now, though.
    It must be a background process.
    JJ
    10-21-2015 03:25 PM
    Lumia 830 here. Just updated to 10572. Everything seems dandy and faster, this time for real! Maybe it's too quick to judge, but there are fewer loading and resuming screens. And the News app finally doesn't crash on load.

And I'm not sure if this is part of this specific build, but CORTANA INDIA IS FINALLY LIVE for mobile! :D
    10-21-2015 03:32 PM
    The phablet-y task switcher now shows up even in portrait mode on regular-sized devices with low scaling levels.
    You're a ******* life saver!
    10-21-2015 03:36 PM
    Only 2 problems I've found so far.

First, text messages did not restore from backup. Not really important.

Next, cannot download UK English speech language. Same error as before which was previously resolved..."Error downloading". As a consequence cannot run Cortana or have text messages read out (which is really helpful). Oh well, maybe next week's release?
    10-21-2015 03:57 PM
    Only 2 problems I've found so far.

First, text messages did not restore from backup. Not really important.

Next, cannot download UK English speech language. Same error as before which was previously resolved..."Error downloading". As a consequence cannot run Cortana or have text messages read out (which is really helpful). Oh well, maybe next week's release?
    Did you reenroll in the fast ring in the insider app? That worked for me
    10-21-2015 04:15 PM
    So in the last 5 days I have sent my 1520 back to Win 8.1 twice to get the most recent builds, 49 and 72. I my opinion the previous build worked better. In both cases I did the full revert to 8.1 followed by the build install and a hard reset. My 1520 was cooking itself and eating up the battery on 49 and even though 72 was suppose to fix these issues in my case this build "has not". It might be a little bit better but it is far from being right. I have been an Insider since the program was started and had to bail on the first three builds because this is my daily phone and those builds were just "that bad". Here we are, probably 2-4 weeks away from the new phones being released and the OS "still" has these issues. I would think that the OS "should" be "really" close by now, but I guess that is too much to ask.
    10-21-2015 04:18 PM
    Is there any way I can restore my text messages? Need them badly.
    10-21-2015 04:36 PM
    hi all is anyone able to download the English keyboard???? ive tried so many times and still wont download.
    10-21-2015 04:39 PM
    I thought the Photos could not be shared with 3rd party apps?

From the blog:"Photos cannot be selected for sharing through third party apps like Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram Beta, WhatsApp etc."

I've been able to share through Facebook and Twitter with no issues whatsoever, both from inside the app and from inside the Photos app. Not sure where the problem is, but perhaps it has been fixed already. Scratching my head on that one. Maybe it was an app update for the photo picker? Anyone else have a fixed one?
    Chintan Gohel and fjordstrom like this.
    10-21-2015 04:45 PM
    This is the first build I got for my Lumia 1520.

1) Installed on Windows 8.1
    2) Most of the apps were not working, couldn't open settings
    3) Did hard reset by pressing Vol Down and Power, then once vibrates hold Vol Down, then when "!" is displayed pressing sequence Vol Up - Vold Down - Power - Vol Down
    4) Did clean install, no backup.
    5) Couldn't install Russian keyboard - had to re-enroll to Insider Preview. Worked.

Issues:
    Groove doesn't have an option NOT to include music from OneDrive. Very annoying.
    Groove sometimes doesn't switch to next song, especially on shuffle. It shows PAUSE button, meaning it thinks its playing when it is not. Annoying.
    No "Hey Cortana" - it worked bad on W8.1 so I am not missing it.
    No motion data - health app without Band (and there are no bands in Estonia) is useless.
    Unlocking the phone only moves the text up - very weird looking effect. It got to be a bug. Really weird.
    No way to set Weather app for the LockScreen - that is the most annoying part. JUST horrible.

No heating and battery draining so far.

Not a daily driver yet... But since I am lazy I will leave it. We will see.
    10-21-2015 04:47 PM
    Did you reenroll in the fast ring in the insider app? That worked for me
    Same here. To get languages you have to re enroll to the fast ring, then delete the "hanging" language and retry to add. Should work.
    allysisa likes this.
    10-21-2015 04:52 PM
    hi all is anyone able to download the English keyboard???? ive tried so many times and still wont download.
    you need to re-enroll to fast ring. delete the one you tried and then retry again. worked here.
    10-21-2015 04:57 PM
    I believe there is now an option in sync settings to choose whether or not to sync text messages across devices. Check to see if the toggle setting is off.
    10-21-2015 04:58 PM
    This new build is awesome only 1 problem whatsapp notifications are not displayed on lockscreen solution for this?
    I think WhatsApp will have to be revised.
    10-21-2015 05:03 PM
    Directly.
    10-21-2015 05:07 PM
    mine works after several trials.
    10-21-2015 05:07 PM
    Each and every time we cannot go back to 8.1. for every new build like 10549 and 10572, why you cannot help with this issue and this is a real frustration for insiders as with every build the crashed app in old gets cured in new but again in new build the old working gets crashed.
    I think this is the objective of Windows Insider... Testing.

I think please avoid giving upgrades to existing lumia to w10m don't worry about market share because the performance will be slower and many phones will loose its life.
    Again, this is Windows Insider.

frankly speaking this L830 will be mine last wp as am jumping to android. Really a big headache.
    Your decision.

I don't understand why they are in a hurry, let android OS, iOS take the complete market share. Take your time build a complete OS with all bugs and errors then release to both FAST and SLOW insider give at least a month and start collecting reviews from them.
    Again, Windows Insiders is for TESTING!

What i seen in current that they just running with fixing a minor bug and releasing build.

My request take time and release.

Am bored updating from 8.1 to 10.
    You should consider leaving Windows Insider and just wait to the final release.

Instead of fixing bugs please fill the GAME GAP when i saw GAMELOFT they have release much more than what we have in store.
    Why don't you ask GAMELOFT to develop those games that you want? A mobile device is not only gaming.

also provide a controller for XBOX in mobile for playing game like same experience as PC and Xbox.

This this few things they would change i assure that Microsoft will loose faith of customer.

they are not going as per customer needs thats why they lack behind they are in their own world.
    I've just read childish tantrums here.
    10-21-2015 05:17 PM
    @rromerof

#Whiplash ahahah

As i have said before, this is the best IP yet. Can't complain, now i am not scared anymore. Its getting there and it will be.
    Al4video likes this.
    10-21-2015 05:21 PM
    My 720 isn't detecting my router, any ideas??????
    mine does that when trying to setup my 930. Just restart and it should detect your wifi afterwards.
    10-21-2015 05:23 PM
    BTW, does anyone has issue with Outlook Mail app? It stuck on showing 4 old emails I read and deleted hours ago.
    Last edited by YeahRrright; 10-21-2015 at 05:44 PM.
    10-21-2015 05:34 PM
    Running pretty smooth on my Lumia 735 but in some apps, I can't hide the navegation bar and I can't get older messages on the messaging app
    10-21-2015 05:46 PM
974 ... 1011121314 ...