The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-26-2015 10:37 PM
974 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Lumia 1520

Some wide tiles are disabled since the scaling was put into the display. Apps will need to be revised to accommodate for this. The good news is that it will force most apps to scale for a wider variety of screen sizes (this is setting up things for Continuum as well).
    10-22-2015 08:35 AM
    Can you please tell me, if you're able to set WhatsApp/Messenger/FaceBook tiles as Wide? And are they working as Live tiles? Do you get notifications on them?
    Confirm facebook and whatsapp doesnt have wide tile.. I got whatsapp notification, but not at the tile
    HXD likes this.
    10-22-2015 08:37 AM
    I haven't received build 10572, still on 10536 with my HTC One M8. Verified I'm on fast ring. Any insight?
    U're lucky hahaha.. 10549 and 10572 need to roll back to 8.1 before update to the build. And now, you just need do it once and get 10572 XD
    10-22-2015 08:45 AM
    One more bug. If you ask Cortana to PLAY *playlist/artist/whatever* then she starts Groove and it starts playing, but then it displays RESUMING with the circles going round, it will swirl for a minute or two and then will go back to START screen.
    10-22-2015 08:47 AM
    On 830, after the update I had many items with pending mapped.I had to uninstall them and re-install from store to refresh them. Still one item Calls+ is stuck at pending and since it's moved to Settings, no known way to remove that item or pending. But otherwise, this is a fantastic build and the Cortana battery issue has been fixed. Full day with 2 hours music and almost 30 mins off calls, I am at 64%. I am a happy camper.
    10-22-2015 08:54 AM
    Lumia 920 with 10572.

1. While playing music, the lock screen wallpaper flickers and disappears for a millisecond. Same goes for when changing tracks.
    2. Sometime songs played goes mute for a second or two and then resumes. Seems like Audio driver issue.

Anyone have similar issues?

Otherwise a significant improvement over the previous builds. Phone does get hot although not as hot as when it was running 10536.
    10-22-2015 08:54 AM
    same here. soft reset didint help, hard reset didnt help. sad.
    We're all got this problem also, stuck blank screen after nokia logo, but the progress still running, just let it finish by itselft. Keep the battery and make the phone cold :3 i place my 720 at the fan. In my case i got second stuck on migrating data, then i did restart(power+volume) after boot up migration is continue :)
    10-22-2015 08:58 AM
    Get this app "Ringtone Maker" http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=lwHQJuut and make a ringtone from any audio file ON the phone. It will appear in the list then.
    Thanks, That worked. I actually had an MP3 file on my phone that was in my Ringtone Folder. Just opened that file and "Created" a Ringtone from it using this app. Checked the box to "Make it my Ringtone" and it now works!
    Last edited by chasvs; 10-22-2015 at 09:20 AM.
    YeahRrright likes this.
    10-22-2015 09:03 AM
    Lumia 920 with 10572.

1. While playing music, the lock screen wallpaper flickers and disappears for a millisecond. Same goes for when changing tracks.
    2. Sometime songs played goes mute for a second or two and then resumes. Seems like Audio driver issue.

Anyone have similar issues?

Otherwise a significant improvement over the previous builds. Phone does get hot although not as hot as when it was running 10536.
    Not sure, but i think theres little problem on lockscreen animation, so it looks like flick. Grove music works, but on banner controls flick also when button clicked. I got second problem also when first time open grove, after all music indexed, they normal.
    10-22-2015 09:05 AM
    Can you please tell me, if you're able to set WhatsApp/Messenger/FaceBook tiles as Wide? And are they working as Live tiles? Do you get notifications on them?
    On a 1020 I am able to set the Facebook tile as wide. Don't know if I will get notifications on them as yet. Just changed it to wide. I was getting notifications when I had it set to small though...

I am also able to set the messenger app tile to wide however I don't use the app so I don't know if I would get notifications.
    HXD likes this.
    10-22-2015 09:17 AM
    I have heard to let this go and it can take up to 15 minutes. Just leave it on your charger.
    10-22-2015 09:20 AM
    how to fix sms backup problem for Microsoft Lumia 640 XL (dual sim but i have only one setup).
    Nothing new for this BUG?
    I have lost all sms
    10-22-2015 09:23 AM
    I am running 10572 on my L920. It worked after quite some time, however, I am stuck in a vicious loop where I am unable to reset the phone. I updated and all of the apps and settings seem the same. But, when I press the Settings app, the screen changes for a second and then reverts to Start. I have tried the Power Button+Down Volume and this doesn't help. Same issue arises.

I guess I should have done a master reset prior to the update from 8.1 but never thought to do that prior to this update (just read some advice from another member to do so). UGH!

Is there anything I can do at this point? Can I do a master reset another way?
    10-22-2015 09:26 AM
    Running great on a 1520... One question and excuse me if it's been answered already... How the heck do you text from your PC with Cortana? LOL
    10-22-2015 09:31 AM
    On a 1020 I am able to set the Facebook tile as wide. Don't know if I will get notifications on them as yet. Just changed it to wide. I was getting notifications when I had it set to small though...

I am also able to set the messenger app tile to wide however I don't use the app so I don't know if I would get notifications.
    I appreciate your help! But, users confirmed that Live-Tiles are not working in this build. So, I'm pretty sure you just upgraded, and didn't Hard Reset afterwards, that's why they're working for you.
    10-22-2015 09:34 AM
    You can jump start it by putting a fake appointment for the day.

For some reason i don't have it. The tile displays only the calendar logo and text.
    10-22-2015 09:37 AM
    Lumia 1520

Some wide tiles are disabled since the scaling was put into the display. Apps will need to be revised to accommodate for this. The good news is that it will force most apps to scale for a wider variety of screen sizes (this is setting up things for Continuum as well).
    You're totally, completely, 100% wrong. Try it for yourself, scale up your display, and the tiles still won't work. Set the tile for any other size, and you still won't get notifications on them. It's like the OS isn't detecting 3rd Party Apps as Live-Tiles, and It's a bug with the Start/Tiles, not the scaling. At the moment, Live-Tiles are kind of disabled in this build.
    I read on their blog that they made some changes and improvements to the Start. And since I'm familiar with MS's work, I can confirm that this is one of the many situations in which they fix something and **** up other stuff.
    Last edited by HXD; 10-22-2015 at 09:52 AM.
    10-22-2015 09:38 AM
    has the annoying "resuming.." message on app switch reduced or gone? that is my biggest problem with windows phone - you hardly see it in other OSs.
    10-22-2015 09:40 AM
    I can confirm today that motion data works for me (app still not updating, but seems like preinstalled app works) and microsoft health shows steps just fine.

The only problem for me is Cortana, cant get her to talk to me nor show interests (there is no battery drain from her either), while quiet hours works. Odd. oh..and default camera only taking photos in 1080p.

PS, L930
    If it helps, mine 100% works with everything you're having issues with -- also using a Lumia 930.

Cortana works perfectly, and all her "functions" are there. Photos, with Lumia Camera or the Default, are at proper resolution.

I can also confirm motion data working, despite not updating.
    vodda likes this.
    10-22-2015 09:40 AM
    Using it on my L920. Notifications works sometimes, but not working at the moment. It goes for WhatsApp and Messaging app.

I can't scroll through the apps in My Library in the Store, it's impossible. I have to make the scroll movement, but the scroll only happens when I take my finger off the screen.

Facebook/WhatsApp/Messenger tiles can't resize to wide.
    HXD likes this.
    10-22-2015 09:46 AM
    Using it on my L920. Notifications works sometimes, but not working at the moment. It goes for WhatsApp and Messaging app.

I can't scroll through the apps in My Library in the Store, it's impossible. I have to make the scroll movement, but the scroll only happens when I take my finger off the screen.

Facebook/WhatsApp/Messenger tiles can't resize to wide.
    Agreed with you on everything you mentioned!
    10-22-2015 09:50 AM
    Installed it yesterday on my 735. Had previous builds, but wasn't satisfied and rolled back to 8.1.
    This build works great so far! Battery consumption is about 2.7%/hr according to battery app. All notifications works. In build before this one I had problems with live tile dissapearing which seems to be fixed now. Will post if find some issue, but this buil finally seems to work for daily driver. Go MS!
    10-22-2015 09:51 AM
    Running great on a 1520... One question and excuse me if it's been answered already... How the heck do you text from your PC with Cortana? LOL
    On your PC, open Cortan and type "Text [Contact Name] Hello". You should get a notifiation shortly saying the message has been sent.
    10-22-2015 09:53 AM
    Installed it yesterday on my 735. Had previous builds, but wasn't satisfied and rolled back to 8.1.
    This build works great so far! Battery consumption is about 2.7%/hr according to battery app. All notifications works. In build before this one I had problems with live tile dissapearing which seems to be fixed now. Will post if find some issue, but this buil finally seems to work for daily driver. Go MS!
    You didn't Hard-Reset. Or else, Notifications/Tiles wouldn't have worked for you.
    10-22-2015 09:54 AM
    Finally! Replying by notification, or within the notification shade can now be much longer, not the single text size limit like previous builds.
    10-22-2015 09:58 AM
974 ... 1617181920 ...