Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I almost like this build. If it weren't for the absolutely terrible, horrible, disgusting, poorly designed, stupid, 10,000 steps backwards people app this build wouldn't be bad.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
By Notifications/Tiles, I meant the Live-Tiles Notifications. If they're working for you, you must be very lucky then...

I know they are not working for a contact's live tile. But I have assumed by now they just don't care. Especially after all the work they put into making them round and dance around with animations.

Jenish PJ

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I installed Build 10572 on my Lumia 520 (its true :excited:). Animations are smooth but there is a 1-2 sec delay before opening some apps. Lock screen animations are changed. Instead of sliding the whole lock screen image now just the time swipes up and unlock. Just like iPhone but here swiping is vertical. I think my Lumia continuously sending feedback to Microsoft because every time there is an arrow symbol showing above WiFi. I am pretty sure Edge browser is working fine. Store is still a mess. Every time there will be few apps failed to update also it too slow. For mail and message app there is hardly no animation while opening a message or email. In windows phone 8 we had cool animations.IMG_20151022_204309.jpg

mcherrick68

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I am having on my Icon is that the podcasts app will not download podcasts. Is anyone else experiencing this, I've already hard reset and reinstalled the podcast app but when i try to download, the app crashes.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I had to roll back and install twice. I found that if you do not allow all the core apps to install for 8.1 BEFORE upgrading to 10572 then you end up with a mess of half installed programs that cannot be accessed nor deleted. It also causes errors in the store at it tries to update apps that are not entirely there or even exist on phone. Glance was broken and there were duplicates of icons for 8.1 store as well as the new wp10 store. Things like that. Obviously this would not an issue for people who were actually using 8.1 but for the rollback and upgrade set this is a big problem. M needs to make sure all core apps are installed including their updates for that version of OS after a rollback before an upgrade is allowed. This was a l920 and I did not restore a backup.

Did you do a full reset after upgrading to WIN10? Sounds like the issues you are experiencing are due to not doing a full reset after the upgrade.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
First time install of windows 10 on Lumia 1020. I was running 8.1 and did a reset (Settings -> About -> Reset). I installed Windows Insider app, selected fast ring and installed Win 10. Took about an hour. After installation, I added the Windows Insider app again, selected Fast Ring and restarted the phone.
So far, it's great. I was having 'Resuming' errors on my phone for the past few months running 8.1, so maybe it was bugged before the upgrade, but for me, Win 10 is faster, smoother and generally much better.
Curiously the Lumia Camera app was missing. Note that I did not check if it was installed on 8.1 after the RESET. Note also that I never did a reset (hard or soft) after Win 10 installation. However, I checked the Store, searched for Lumia Camera and it showed up (I thought it was not available!?).

Camera is running faster and it doesn't hang when saving with DNG (RAW) option.

I'm installing my apps now and will update if there are any issues, but overall, I'm excited to see this become even more stable and optimized. It feels like a new phone.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My phone won't let me install the upgrade. It says that I need to have at least 40% battery to upgrade. I have the phone plugged in and it is currently at 100%. Anyone else getting this message?

Lumia 925

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded my L830 from 8.1 and then hard reset and everything is working fine except one thing, Vibrate on call connect or answered was on by default in build 10549, How do I enable this feature on this build?

Did you find this? Looks like it under Settings->System->Notifications->Phone. You also need to turn on vibrate until sound. I don't like the settings, everything is buried.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Only took me about a half hour...

I think people underestimate the value in having already restored your phone once using the Windows Device Recovery tool. If you don't have a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 to rollback to, downloading that from the server could take a while. I know if you have a wonky wireless connection, downloading the Insider Build can take a while.

I also found that this build is kind of slow starting up the first time. Frustrating if you don't know what to expect. Again, your mileage will vary.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Tut1234 I'm on 549 still, and I don't see Phone in the Notifications section.
I'm also getting a vibration when I put it on a charger, but I would like to turn that off.

Diwagar

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Build looks fine on Lumia 930... Enabled Cortana back after earlier build issue and battery is not draining fast. Now a new problem that even when vibration is off in settings, phone keeps vibrating when i use my capacitive touch buttons. Also noticed that lumia camera video recording isn't working in both the previous build as well as in current build

danny 2

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by Mattman86 View Post

On your PC, open Cortan and type "Text [Contact Name] Hello". You should get a notifiation shortly saying the message has been sent.
Nope.. it searches the web...?? odd...

make sure your phone is hooked up and on this insider build, also your PC needs 10565 insider build with the messaging app.

then cortona on your PC will send text via your cell. the sending works well enough. I've yet to receive messages (text) on my PC... early build and baby steps but I like the direction:eek:rly:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven