The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-26-2015 10:37 PM
974 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    L920 - running this build now. (10572). I used to take pictures by just tapping on the screen (when camera is opened). I can't seem to find any settings related to this. Is this option missing? Or not available any more?
    10-23-2015 12:22 PM
    is there a solution to getting the camera and one drive to work and save the pictures to one drive?
    thats a big issue for me and might drive me to putting 8.1 back onto device.

i am liking it so far with exception of the above mentioned one drive sync and upload issue.
    have only been running it as daily driver for a day now and will give it a good 5 days before I say ya or nay to keeping it as my daily driver.
    Thanks
    Just updated OneDrive App, enter in photos, follow the link to onedrive upload, then settings and activate. Then browse the files and tap Refresh / reload. Phone starts to upload and continues in backgroud (if you left OneDrive ON in background apps)
    10-23-2015 12:22 PM
    Well, I have it on a 635 and it STILL runs like a piece of garbage. I'm sick and tired of "loading" and "resuming". This just adds to the fact that I hate the entire DESIGN of Windows 10 Mobile.
    I have the lumia 735 and I havent seen the loading and resuming on the last 2 builds. I havent even done a restart and phone is much faster and battery life is great
    10-23-2015 12:26 PM
    Also, tried reinstalling the non working apps from SD to internal memory, that didn't help. 6tag, 6tin, Endomondo and Twitter aren't working for me. 6tin, 6tag and Endo just shows the splash screen, and Twitter is just a white screen and they do nothing. Other apps like Metrotube, HERE Maps, 9gag, FB Messenger, FB seem to work just fine
    Same here. Runtastic Pro also has the same problem.... just splash screen....

Yeah, I figured it out. You need to install it on your phone's storage. change the default storage settings to phone from SD Card, it should start working.
    No, it doesn't (on my Lumia 640).
    10-23-2015 12:32 PM
    I hate the entire DESIGN of Windows 10 Mobile.
    Tastes differ. With some apps not working I don't want to go back to 8.1 because I like the design of Windows 10 Mobile so much.
    chasvs, Chintan Gohel and kamylasg like this.
    10-23-2015 12:36 PM
    Flashed back to 8.1 battery still not great and sometimes when i wake up the phone from sleep i get black screen with stripes besides this good build.
    10-23-2015 12:39 PM
    "Double-wide" ( actually it's a Wide Tile) isn't an WM10 OS issue. That's the App itself that needs to be coded for a Wide Tile.
    Excuse me for calling it a double-wide. It was a simple mistake, but you are correct. It's a wide tile.

Also, I never said it was a WM10 issue, you assumed that.

EDIT: Furthermore, I agree with you, it's more likely to be an application error than a build issue.
    Last edited by Bearach; 10-23-2015 at 01:18 PM.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    10-23-2015 12:46 PM
    installed it yesterday, worked fine until today afternoon.
    But suddenly it stopped recognizing my micro sd card, I am able to access all music through groove but in mix radio it says no music found.
    Any help?!
    phone is lumia 830 & the build is 10572.
    10-23-2015 12:47 PM
    installed it yesterday, worked fine until today afternoon.
    But suddenly it stopped recognizing my micro sd card, I am able to access all music through groove but in mix radio it says no music found.
    Any help?!
    phone is lumia 830 & the build is 10572.
    On my L520, I have been getting various problems with this build after it's been running awhile.
    I reboot my phone about every 12 hours, that's my solution. Hopefully next build will be better.
    10-23-2015 01:02 PM
    Put it on my backup 925. Install went smooth. First preview try, so I can't judge it it against any of the others.

1. Miss Lumia camera, still getting the yellow tint in the photos. The camera has locked up a few times. Had to close it and open it again.

2. Lock screen delay. The longer it sits idle the longer the delay.

3. Quick action. I went to change the screen rotation lock for the quick actions in settings. It would pause for a couple seconds then crash and revert to the start screen. Only happens with the third from the left square. Others worked fine.

4. Store scrolling. Not smooth.

5. Miss Here Drive.

6. Battery runs a lot cooler. Still not sure about battery life yet.

7. Came from ATT 8.1 no denim. Miss the day and date on the glance screen.
    10-23-2015 01:13 PM
    I'm sure Cortana would play music by a particular artist before, but now it just loads up a search results in Bing when I say something like "Play The Beach Boys"?
    So, I *just* got my M8 yesterday and not knowing what I could and couldn't do, I told Cortana "Play me music" and she cranked out a random piece out of my songs. After turning the volume WAY down, I tried "Play me Kansas" and she did. Maybe give a shot at "Play me the beach boys"?

Edit: Except, I just tried saying "Play Kansas" without the Me which she did with a flourishing introduction.
    10-23-2015 01:21 PM
    Anyone with problem in hide navigation bar?
    I Can hide it on initial screen, but in apps like metrotube, tubecast and netflix, the bar don't hide. I can't find any setting for this.
    10-23-2015 01:29 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this with 10572 but since I've upgraded on my 1520 the battery is horrible. When I look at the battery usage statistics so much of it is being used up on the Display, specifically the default lock screen. What I've noticed is that if I get a notifiaction the screen lights up and will stay on despite me having the screen to shut off after 1 minute. Also, Messaging is using up a lot of battery. I used to be able to get home from work and still have 80% left but now I'm barely getting to 50% by lunch! If anyone else has figured out how to fix this I'd love to hear what you've done! If it's a OS issue I hope they fix it soon. Battery life was my main reason for switching to Windows Phone and the 1520 was the best I've ever used.

Also, I've done one hard reset since installing 10572.

Thanks
    10-23-2015 01:32 PM
    HTC One M8 here. Initially was really great! Every thing is super fast and haven't found things that don't work yet. But then it started getting warm and the battery life is getting real bad. With the screen off it still drops super fast. Seems the display and messaging is power hungry even when not in use. Maybe 8 hours of life if I don't use the phone.

UPDATE: I disabled Cortana and battery life seems to be much improved. She must still be in the rampant phase.
    Last edited by jimm69; 10-24-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    10-23-2015 01:50 PM
    I have BLU WIN HD LTE that has the capability of using 2 SIM cards and a SD card. The 2nd
    line is referring to the 2nd SIM.
    I have the same phone after my Lumia 820 was stolen. Unfortunately this phone is not on the supported device list for Windows Mobile Insider program, so we have to wait for the RTM.
    10-23-2015 01:54 PM
    My Lumia 520 after this update, i got lot of issue regarding of apps. Facebook, 6 tag and twitter are not working properly. they only just loading in logo and nothing happens. other issue is the Block and Filter... this one is keep downloading in Store even successfully installed. The lock screen image are still as you unlocking. I already done hard reset on my phone. I hope Microsoft (Gabe) will have an option to opt out a device when they release the official one. My Lumia 520 totally rejecting this Window 10. I know that Windows 10 is in Beta phase but it so frustrating that every beta build can't fix and some are worsen. I rather than to stay in 8.1 if they will accept my decision and never forcing everybody's device.
    As you said. Its B E T A
    Nobody will force you to do anything so just relax if you dont like the PREVIEW, dont use it!
    10-23-2015 01:59 PM
    OK, I am admitting that when I read about this ability, I wasn't adequately "moved" by it.

But I just tried it out:

Surface Pro 2 running 10565 with a Satechi Cortana button (gives Hey Cortana function even if Hey Cortana isn't working)
    Lumia 1520 running 10572

"text Brenda Lambert I love you baby!"

In the messaging app on the Surface, I saw "I love you baby"
    In the messaging app on the 1520, I saw it there too.

About 30 seconds later BOTH messaging apps showed "Well that's good honey, cuz you are my man!"

Note: My wife of 33 years. Maybe that really is her name. Maybe it isn't
    I see where Microsoft is going. I am in command of my communication with "my world" seamlessly. It's just crazy powerful
    shamjotisati likes this.
    10-23-2015 02:01 PM
    The performance seems great. I have found the OS to be very responsive and smooth, but more importantly, stable.
    And then to think about the fact that 2 builds ago the whiners where complaining about Microsoft not being able to release a good build so close to release date....
    10-23-2015 02:04 PM
    Same here. Runtastic Pro also has the same problem.... just splash screen....

No, it doesn't (on my Lumia 640).
    It worked on my 640. deleted the app. restarted the phone. changed the storage settings. reinstalled the app. Voila!
    10-23-2015 02:04 PM
    Time to upgrade to iOS 9.1 - 45 mins
    Time to roll-back, upgrade, reset, restore, download apps for 10572 - hours and hours

C'mon MSFT!
    9.1 already? 1 month after 9 came out?
    And some releases already in between...

Looks like they are bringing out public releases to fix bugs faster then MS is doing inside releases in the fast ring!
    10-23-2015 02:21 PM
    I wish I stayed at 549, that build (for me) was far superior to 572. :(
    For some reason my people app now has bigger circles, facebook stays at medium sized tiles, all my texts have gone, it doesn't know any of my wifi passwords, motion data won't update - and infact anything that uses motion data doesn't work.
    Real **** poor update this one
    10-23-2015 02:31 PM
    Well after reading latest update article regarding windows 10 mobile pointing out to be the one most stable or fast or responsive version of w10m till now.. Decided to try on my Lumia 1320 which I use regularly. Apart from it I ve installed previous build of w10m on my Lumia 535...bit dint had that much time to revert back to 8.1 and again on windows 10 mobile.

So been 3 days.. Battery is getting drained so much faster than I thought. Also takes way longer to charge to 100% than WP8.1.

Always whether you use it or not phone will remain warm and will increase as you use it.

As using 6" scree, when switching apps and closing background apps is much irritating. All the time I have to drag the app screen to the bottom to close it or hit the tiny little cross in the corner to terminate the app running in background. Yes and it is bad that back button is not doing it's job properly as it was on wp8.1.

Not always but after swiping to unlock,the screen freezes and I had to restart my phone. Don't know why it is like that.

Loading screens takes much lesser time to hide
    Which is good that apps aren't taking long to open.

Show more tiles option is useless when you are using #tileart like apps to decorate your start screen.

Background activities are not working properly for some apps like WhatsApp for me.
    Background agent isn't working fine for me in this build. Don't know anyone else having same issue.

That's it for now.
    Will come back here with more issues.
    10-23-2015 02:45 PM
    This is a very good build, compared to the others - at least on my 1520. Fast and responsive, and good battery life (after a hard reset).

The only thing that isn't working for me is OneDrive Sync for photos. I've tried switching uploading on/off, and nothing seems to work.
    10-23-2015 02:57 PM
    It worked on my 640. deleted the app. restarted the phone. changed the storage settings. reinstalled the app. Voila!

Yep !!! Delete - restart - change storage settings - install !!!! YES !!! THANK YOU !!!!!
    10-23-2015 02:59 PM
    Have great battery life without having hard reset.
    10-23-2015 03:00 PM
974 ... 2425262728 ...