12-26-2015 10:37 PM
974 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Just finished install on my 930. Apps still updating. So far I could use it as a hand warmer in Nome during the winter!
    10-23-2015 03:42 PM
    Hey I am lovvin this one!

Put it on Lab Rat (my white 635 I use for this stuff) and it was so clean I finally took the plunge and put it on my 930 Lumia which is my primary daily phone.

Rockin' away and not looking back now.

On the latter though, everything seemed fine so I thought I would not have to reset. However, Groove only picked up less than 1/3 of my owned music files. Soft reset didn't work. So plunged and hard reset - and this AM restored all of my apps, photos and music. After the hard reset, Groove picked everything up beautifully.

I think MS has a winner finally!

PS: Feem Pro works on this build!!! (kept crashing on the '49)
    10-23-2015 04:19 PM
    Put it on my backup 925. Install went smooth. First preview try, so I can't judge it it against any of the others.

1. Miss Lumia camera, still getting the yellow tint in the photos. The camera has locked up a few times. Had to close it and open it again.

2. Lock screen delay. The longer it sits idle the longer the delay.

3. Quick action. I went to change the screen rotation lock for the quick actions in settings. It would pause for a couple seconds then crash and revert to the start screen. Only happens with the third from the left square. Others worked fine.

4. Store scrolling. Not smooth.

5. Miss Here Drive.

6. Battery runs a lot cooler. Still not sure about battery life yet.

7. Came from ATT 8.1 no denim. Miss the day and date on the glance screen.
    Question - did you hard-reset after installation? Most are having good success with this.
    10-23-2015 04:22 PM
    Hey I am lovvin this one!

Put it on Lab Rat (my white 635 I use for this stuff) and it was so clean I finally took the plunge and put it on my 930 Lumia which is my primary daily phone.

Rockin' away and not looking back now.

On the latter though, everything seemed fine so I thought I would not have to reset. However, Groove only picked up less than 1/3 of my owned music files. Soft reset didn't work. So plunged and hard reset - and this AM restored all of my apps, photos and music. After the hard reset, Groove picked everything up beautifully.

I think MS has a winner finally!

PS: Feem Pro works on this build!!! (kept crashing on the '49)
    Just curious, did you experience any issue with this build seeing your SD card? I have a 635 as well and had issues with the SD card being found. I'm wondering if this is device related or just my bad luck. Lol.
    10-23-2015 04:48 PM
    Have this build on my 830. I ave a 64GB MicroSDXC card that is doing just fine. Also, as far as quality, it is the best experience so far. We're getting close very close to RTM quality I feel.
    10-23-2015 04:55 PM
    And then to think about the fact that 2 builds ago the whiners where complaining about Microsoft not being able to release a good build so close to release date....
    I wasn't a whiner about it, but I did have my concerns about their ability to ship a good product and expressed them in a few posts. Maybe the desktop pre-release versions prior to the desktop Windows 10 release spoiled me, but it seemed the early desktop versions were much more stable than the early versions of the phone. Of course desktop wasn't a complete rebuild, either.

This build, even with some quirks has allayed some of my concerns but I still have a few. The number of dual SIM issues combined with broken things like visual voicemail and missing message history makes me go "hmmm". That said, in development, sometimes the big issues are easier than the small ones, and sometimes things just come together in the end, so we'll see.
    10-23-2015 05:04 PM
    yep, did the hard-reset.
    10-23-2015 05:22 PM
    Hello,

Did a hard reset along with fresh installations of apps. I still cannot get 6tag to work! The app opens but hangs on it's intro screen.

Any suggestions?
    10-23-2015 05:35 PM
    Well, I have it on a 635 and it STILL runs like a piece of garbage. I'm sick and tired of "loading" and "resuming". This just adds to the fact that I hate the entire DESIGN of Windows 10 Mobile.

Then you should probably stick with 8.1. 😏
    10-23-2015 06:45 PM
    My experience with this build (10572) has been overall good. A couple of bugs here and there, I even dare to use this build as my daily driver with no big problems. I've just been through a couple of reboots of my device, I think these were due to Glance or Double tap to wake issues because it was the exact point where those happened. I've had a couple of app crashes on File Explorer when moving several files. When I delete a thread of messages I receive a gray screen with no options. This build has been the fastest so far for both Lumia 640 XL and Lumia 630 phones that I have.
    10-23-2015 06:47 PM
    Isn't there an option in w10m where after scrolling, you can press a shortcut and it'll bring back to the top of the page? Like in iOS, where if you press the top of the screen, you'll jump to the top of the list? I could've sworn I read that somewhere.
    10-23-2015 06:59 PM
    Build 10572 is the best build of all. It is fast and fluid. All things works okay from all my test this past 2 days. I have it running on my lumia 640 and 635 and both works very well.
    The only thing I noticed that is not working is the screen capture. It will not save.
    10-23-2015 07:37 PM
    Working well on my Lumia Icon. Hope to stay with this and future builds as my DD device. Stable enough that I think it will be good enough and only get better from here!
    10-23-2015 07:51 PM
    It's working pretty well on my 630. For some reason it's not showing any mail notifications, and I've had a couple of bits of strange behaviour when making calls, but three days in all seems pretty usable still. Battery life is not quite as good as 8.1, but again much better than anything before. Nor have I had to do any kind of reset... just made sure my 8.1 installation was pretty clean and complete before pressing the upgrade button. Haven't tried to load any apps onto the SD card, but yes, I think it's nearly there. And the Cortana link for missed calls/text response on the desktop is pretty damned cool..
    10-23-2015 07:58 PM
    Is there anyone that didn't do a hard reset after the update and has the browser favorites/read it later sync working in mobile Edge? Mine is still greyed out and won't let me turn it on. It says "Some Windows features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account. Anyone else's greyed out?"
    10-23-2015 08:41 PM
    Same here, and I did a reset, but still unable to sync favorites. Odd, as it worked on previous build.
    10-23-2015 09:21 PM
    Installed it on my Lumia 635. It is so much improved compared to 10549. Had to roll back to windows 8.1. Had another mandatory 8.1 update. Installed 10572. Had another mandatory update. Then hard reset and reinstalled all my app. It was a 7 hours process -_-

It's running so much faster. "resuming" and "loading" still there but much much improved. Favourites from edge is synced from PC. Camera definitely load much faster. And Lumia Camera app installed itself and is again a full working app. Though I'm use to using Windows Camera now. So far so good, let's see if the build degrade after a few more days like with build 10549.
    10-23-2015 09:49 PM
    Is there anyone that didn't do a hard reset after the update and has the browser favorites/read it later sync working in mobile Edge? Mine is still greyed out and won't let me turn it on. It says "Some Windows features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account. Anyone else's greyed out?"
    Mine is greyed out too. Definitely signed in with a MS account.
    10-23-2015 10:06 PM
    So the forum topic is how is Build 10572 - hows it working for you? Well I've been running various preview releases on my 930 for several months but today I will most likely flash back to official 8.1 for this phone and pass it on to someone else. This build for me finally shows me where Windows Mobile 10 is heading and it really isn't going to go anywhere. All that Microsoft has achieved with these builds is demonstrating a flashier UI and how good its own new apps (Outlook, Calender, People and Office) will run under the new OS but there is very little else in reality to offer. The overall app environment has not been resolved and is actually shrinking plus VPN support is still very weak. The idea that universal apps will save the platform is just pure fantasy. Everyone knows that tablet sales have slumped and PC sales are down and these are the devices that Microsoft is relying on to generate demand for these types of apps (I don't know of anyone who actually uses an app in Windows 8 or 10 as they are just so simplistic and limited on that platform). What is driving app development is in the mobile space where larger smart phones are cannibalising PC and tablets sales. Getting back to this build, the ability to side load Android apk's has been removed (so any hope of fixing the app issue is gone) and now messaging is integrated with Skype whether you want it or not (now I'm getting random invite notifications to add unknown Skype users to my address book). Windows Mobile 8.1 was released in Apr 2014. In that time, Android has gone from ver 4.4.3 to ver 6.0 whereas in that time Microsoft hasn't had any major updates and still doesn't have an actual release date for Mobile 10. They're just not serious about the platform. The best option would have been to port their own version of Android with their own launcher and store so Google apps could have been available for Microsoft immediately. Oh, hang on, they already did that (the Nokia X project) but they killed that off! I love Windows Mobile and have used many different handsets for over 3 years. However, time to get real and switch the lights off.
    10-23-2015 10:14 PM
    This build is the best for sure. But im noticing problems when I'm trying to access the media library from an app like whatsapp and messenger. It shows a gallery of the wp8/8.1 and says there aren't any photos or videos.

The camera is faster but sometimes It's buggy and keep saving a photo and don't stop until I finish the app manually.
    10-23-2015 10:36 PM
    I've upgraded to 10572 as well from roll back but I have no text messages showing at all and I have many! Did hard reset and still nothing. Have I lost them now because I think the phone did a back up just now with no text messages to back up. Could my messages still be available in my account?
    10-23-2015 10:37 PM
    There were some updates for a few of the Microsoft applications this evening. I guess one of them must have been for Block and Filter, it has now finally updated correctly. I no longer keep getting the update appear in the store.
    10-23-2015 11:11 PM
    For the first time it looks like I might continue to use this build. All previous builds have been pretty bad until now! Running on my 1520 and it is running very well. Still a few bugs here and there but am impressed with the improvements.
    10-24-2015 12:41 AM
    for me everything is working hummm a little slow, although i own a 535 dual sim lumia but getting a lot of loading screens, also whatsapp is not letting me to change the size of the text even after changing dpi in the phone settings
    10-24-2015 12:45 AM
    This is the first time I have to rollback to 8.1 and use it again as a daily driver.. This build is to buggy for my L535.

Will wait for the next build.
    10-24-2015 12:53 AM
974 ... 2526272829 ...