12-26-2015 10:37 PM
974 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    How do I downgrade to 8.1 and how many hrs will it take doing it for the first time
    you downgrade with windows device recovery tool . That is the quickest part and really depends on your download speed (at least the first time you do this, then the recovery image is stored on your PC). It took less than 15minutes for my 640XL. The following upgrade to the latest W10M will take longer because it is OTA. You can speed up the process by disabling automatic OS updates and app updates when you sign into your phone with your MS account the first time after going back to 8.1. Download Windows Insider app, sign up for fast ring and update.
    With everything including a restore from a backup it took about 3 hours for my 640XL to be fully back to "normal". YMMV
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 10-24-2015 at 07:21 PM.
    Corwin_Amber likes this.
    10-24-2015 07:05 PM
    Still can't upload photo to Path application
    10-24-2015 09:20 PM
    Well. Everything is working fine. I updated my phone from 8.1 Windows mobile 10 a few days ago. But there still a issue i still get also here in 10 version. I thought this would be fixed 100%, but the same issue i get everytime this happens.

When my mobile phone i connected to wireless connections at home or somewhere, every app and internet data connections is working fine. When i am out of range for wireless, my mobile phone can not find 4G data connections. I really don't know why. So I have to change everything manually from 4G to 3G multiple times so it finally it works again. Then i change back to 4G data connections again so i can enjoy the fast speed.

I live in Sweden, and i have also contact the operator and told them about this issue but they can not find any problems related to this issue they say everything works fine from there servers for windows phone. I have even change my sim-card many times but it still the same problem, and now even here in windows 10 mobile.
    This is very annoying. I do not know what to do. I do not use other phones, because I really love Windows Phone.

I use Comviq 4G tele2, =/ here some pics. and Nokia Lumia 930
    002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg
    isetiadi likes this.
    10-25-2015 12:15 AM
    Im seriously considering installing this on my 520 but I am concerned with my games and apps. Can I backup them? Will it erase the progress I had with my games?

Sorry it's my first time to do this. Sorry also for my English
    10-25-2015 12:41 AM
    Oh and last question how long does it take usually to update to Windows 10 Mobile? Considering all of the steps (hard reset, backup, etc)
    10-25-2015 12:42 AM
    on your phone...at least 2-3 hours, IMO.
    10-25-2015 12:48 AM
    On L535 this build working really great, just few random restarts, nothing serious. Just two problems, can't access my internet banking in Edge or UC, after taping login button it do nothing. Trying to find a way to stream audio from Mac to Lumia, as I used to do it on Droid Mini using Airfoil Speaker app.
    10-25-2015 01:01 AM
    When my mobile phone i connected to wireless connections at home or somewhere, every app and internet data connections is working fine. When i am out of range for wireless, my mobile phone can not find 4G data connections. I really don't know why. So I have to change everything manually from 4G to 3G multiple times so it finally it works again. Then i change back to 4G data connections again so i can enjoy the fast speed.
    Have you tried adding APN manually? Sometime it solves 3G/4G data connectivity issues.
    10-25-2015 01:16 AM
    slightly off topic but anyways..
    sold my beloved 1020 today, in my opinion the phone is just not ready for w10 due to the old chipset, and battery life was something that was getting weaker daily, on the upside i am probably the only one in my city to prebook the lumia 950 xl as and when it comes out .
    opted for the LG G4 for the time being as the only thing that comes close to the 1020's camera is the G4's sensor and i found it slightly better to the L930 and L1520, honestly i did not want to reinvest in the current crop of available Lumias mainly due to the dated hardware, as its just not going to work flawlessly on W10 as and when it comes out , even the demo units of the 830,640xl etc had the problematic "loading.." bug everywhere.
    i hope microsoft india really gets the pricing of the 950/950xl spot on , probably INR 30,000 for the L950 and INR 40,000 for the L950xl
    10-25-2015 01:28 AM
    How do I downgrade to 8.1 and how many hrs will it take doing it for the first time
    You would need to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool app in order to downgrade to 8.1. It takes less than an hour as I recall.
    10-25-2015 01:49 AM
    in my opinion the phone is just not ready for w10 due to the old chipset, and battery life was something that was getting weaker daily
    I don't think that performance will be the problem of the final build. As we just saw a major performance improvement in this build, many people already shout that this is RTM quality and MS should release the OS. Performance wise I could agree, some fine tuning may be applied after and during ;) it hits the first wave of devices. But there are still lots of bugs left or even introduced with the new build: Apps suddenly crash under heavy load, Edge is really slow while loading tab previews, buttons q, u and s do not work in Edge adress bar.

What could become a problem of the final build is that there are still a lot of missing basic features we already had in 8.1, see the separate thread.

All in all there is still a long way to go for RTM, but if the guys at MS really work hard on this now, it could be ready for Christmas. The latest rush of builds gives some hope at least.

Btw: I would still call it RTM or final as this is what products will be released with and what the non-insider will get. It does not mean that development suddenly stops.
    10-25-2015 02:00 AM
    Hi your games should be backed up I'm not a big gamer so your game data I'm unsure but the game apps themselves should install.
    10-25-2015 03:44 AM
    All good so far good battery life and faster loading of apps, it seems really close to a releasable build and it's a lovely OS.
    10-25-2015 03:47 AM
    Owner of Lumia 920 from Orange here. I have no internet access (can't turn on WiFi. Mobile connection also is unavailable, despite of fact "mobile data" is enabled and phone is connected to network as "Orange LTE"), but can make calls. Dialing manually is pretty slow - the first "beep" is longer and if you tap fast "582" you will get only "58". Also i have 10572 only 2 hours, but already i managed to call 2 people by accident, because dialing keyboard can be far too easily slided to left or right (and jump to history of calls or fast dialing). Microsoft Edge doesn't even start. Is there any way to report this without Windows Feedback app?
    10-25-2015 04:15 AM
    i hope microsoft india really gets the pricing of the 950/950xl spot on , probably INR 30,000 for the L950 and INR 40,000 for the L950xl
    Most probably 35K for L950 and 48K for 950XL
    10-25-2015 04:59 AM
    Yes, I have also tryed that but it didn't work, =/
    Have you tried adding APN manually? Sometime it solves 3G/4G data connectivity issues.
    10-25-2015 05:23 AM
    Anyone there who tried this with their 520? Would love to hear a feedback from you people. Thank you
    Jaya Rajan likes this.
    10-25-2015 06:06 AM
    Hi everyone, I have been using it for past 3 days on my Lumia 1320 and everything seems fine like battery, fast enough and other things. Even I am not facing many issues reported over here except few apps are not running properly. Like some are stuck at splash screen while some only shows white screen all along and nothing else.
    Apps not running:
    1mg (stuck at splash screen),
    Twitter (Showing white screen),
    Glance (Not opening, but features are working),
    Nokia Account (inaccessible).
    Store sometimes closes abruptly (however instances are very few).
    Microsoft Edge is freezing specially while on wpcentral.com website :) (not able to scroll and closes sometimes) .
    Lumia Camera gone forever. (I mean it is there but says use Camera instead.
    Pictures App have option to show add favorites in live tile but no way to choose favorites. (This was present in wp8.1 all along).

However, one more thing i noticed is that when you wake your phone up from lock screen and enter you PIN to open it. When you enter your PIN's first number than whole screen gets off and on instantaneously (kind of refresh/black out then back on, PIN entered remains there). This happens when you wake it up after that auto time out to lock expires and not within that period. Afterwards its all fine.

Kindly suggest how to resolve few of my issues. Thanks in advance.
    10-25-2015 06:46 AM
    Anyone there who tried this with their 520? Would love to hear a feedback from you people. Thank you
    520 reboots from never to 5 times a day, especially when exiting sms app
    if you are used to save / share images from edge, with prevous build there was a bug wich Abe has warned. I don't now this very last build.
    DUring intensive use, when in te same time you are listening music, browsing, using messages / mail, sometimes edge and sms become sloooooowlyyy....
    You have to close app and re-open, or the phone directly can't swich screen from one app to previous so it stucks and reboot.
    Cortana is terryfing slower answering sms, listening and acting than in 8.1, so I totally disabled her standing by for the 55 build.
    Some apps crash in opening (not compatible with 10 yet I guess)
    LumiaWorld likes this.
    10-25-2015 06:49 AM
    520 reboots from never to 5 times a day, especially when exiting sms app
    if you are used to save / share images from edge, with prevous build there was a bug wich Abe has warned. I don't now this very last build.
    DUring intensive use, when in te same time you are listening music, browsing, using messages / mail, sometimes edge and sms become sloooooowlyyy....
    You have to close app and re-open, or the phone directly can't swich screen from one app to previous so it stucks and reboot.
    Cortana is terryfing slower answering sms, listening and acting than in 8.1, so I totally disabled her standing by for the 55 build.
    Some apps crash in opening (not compatible with 10 yet I guess)
    Thank you. Wanted to try this build, but looks like I will just wait for the official release...
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    10-25-2015 06:58 AM
    Most probably 35K for L950 and 48K for 950XL
    i really don't think such a price would do good for Microsoft, they already have entered the market last with their flagship phones well after more than a year after the L930.
    Plus the snapdragon 808 (L950) isn't still top of the line series in chip-sets
    knowing Microsoft's pricing strategy , maybe your right.
    10-25-2015 07:05 AM
    I don't think that performance will be the problem of the final build. As we just saw a major performance improvement in this build, many people already shout that this is RTM quality and MS should release the OS. Performance wise I could agree, some fine tuning may be applied after and during ;) it hits the first wave of devices. But there are still lots of bugs left or even introduced with the new build: Apps suddenly crash under heavy load, Edge is really slow while loading tab previews, buttons q, u and s do not work in Edge adress bar.

What could become a problem of the final build is that there are still a lot of missing basic features we already had in 8.1, see the separate thread.

All in all there is still a long way to go for RTM, but if the guys at MS really work hard on this now, it could be ready for Christmas. The latest rush of builds gives some hope at least.

Btw: I would still call it RTM or final as this is what products will be released with and what the non-insider will get. It does not mean that development suddenly stops.
    Agree with every word you said, but i still feel that the 1020 was showing its aging signs on 8.1 itself, with loading... and the resuming.. screens becoming more prominent every day, even after performing several master resets, yes the camera had no match and the only second best thing i could replace it was with the LG G4 and its superb camera and hardware combo. However with the L930/L1520 with a brilliant snapdragon 800 chipset would fly on W10 likewise with the upcoming 950/950XL but i just feel the current gen lumias (besides 930/1520) are best kept on W8.1.

P.S - i still wait for the day when microsoft india calls me up stating the 950 twins have released :)
    10-25-2015 07:12 AM
    I may be missing something, but I haven't been able to get any email notifications on any of the builds. I rolled back to 8.1 after a while and just got back on the W10 preview. I also don't receive text notifications. Nothing appears with either. Banners or sounds. I assumed it was a bug of the old build, but now I just feel like it's me.
    10-25-2015 07:54 AM
    Can anyone tell me whether the hue apps like huetro or oni light contol now work? Used to have many problems (app not starting, slow bridge connection..) with these on previous builds which is why I rolled back to 8.1.
    10-25-2015 08:37 AM
    Do you mean manually adding the bridge via IP address? That didn't fix it for me on previous builds.. do you have it running?
    10-25-2015 08:49 AM
974 ... 2930313233 ...