The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-26-2015 10:37 PM
974 ... 373839
tools
    Working ok on my 520, it starts to have problems (slow, resuming), after about 12 hours, so I reboot it.
    Is anyone else seeing a message from Lumia Camera? It worked the other day.
    Now it says "A better camera", it says MS saying goodbye to this app, wants you to use Camera because it's better.
    And it has 2 buttons, go to camera or close.
    Yeah, it is
    10-28-2015 12:36 PM
    That app costs money and I don't like spending money on apps, thanks for the suggestions though!
    I hear you, and agree that podcasts should be a fully functioning basic app. But I can tell you pocket casts is worth every cent. In this case, I think it would be worth the investment.
    10-28-2015 12:57 PM
    My favorite build so far. My daily driver is an 830 and we have a 640 and another 830 in the house in use by my partner and kid brother. This build is the most stable, fastest, (relative to previous builds) bug-free, and altogether pleasure to use. This build gives me complete and utter confidence that RTM is definitely near. Messaging works fine, email works great, Groove synchronization works fine, no more "loading..." screens, no weird store quirks (yet, anyway and I installed the day it was available so let that mean what ever it means to you). There is definitely room for some polish as they continue to clean up UI some particularly on file-selection-dialogs. Seriously, I'm over wondering what is next - just going to wait for RTM since this build is perfectly suitable for daily driver. Now, I'll turn my gaze to the XBOX Next Experience. Yey, something new to be excited about. Guys, if you're on the fence, just wait for new build. I bet it will be even better than this one. (as of this reply it's best anyway). Still, you should expect to do a reset after upgrading - it does always provide the best experience in every case (again, 3 family devices most all prior builds). Little quirky problems seem to be attributed to the remnants of the updated OS. This is not unlike Windows upgrades of the past. This could also be a result of the whole thing being in dev, too. So just consider it if you're having problems.
    10-28-2015 03:21 PM
    I wait for the new build next week to see if that fixes the problem, if it doesn't I will buy that app. Thanks for the help!
    10-28-2015 05:30 PM
    oh you will love it on the 640 super fast and stable! (compared to prior builds)
    I installed on my 640 a week ago (wanted the 950XL but no theres no carrier support in canada. Boo!)

Battery last a long time. I charge overnight but I dont even need to, Im still at half battery after work. this is much better than my 920 was. unfortunately, I don't know if it is the new phones (bigger, newer, better) battery or a better build. -also not getting as hot as the 920 was. About the only thing I miss is wireless charging
    kg4icg likes this.
    10-28-2015 06:41 PM
    Tried this build on my Icon and lost my data connection (Phone shows full bars LTE and under the sim settings it says connected to Verizon network). Wi Fi works and I can sometimes make and receive calls. So I rolled back to 8.1 using the Windows devise recovery tool and now I am having the same issue with 8.1.
    I am using Straight Talk as a provider
    I've been messing with this for two days now. I've rolled back to 8.1 did hard reset nothing and tried to install 10572 again did another hard reset still nothing.
    I also messed with all the sim settings different combinations everything and still no connectivity. I think I might have broke my devise.
    What really sucks is Windows 10 mobile is awesome compared to 8.1.
    Please help
    10-28-2015 09:05 PM
    Installed it on my 930 the other day. Seems very stable, faster, and the phone is much cooler. Battery life appears to have increased as well. Am really liking it so far. Wish I could get LTE on AT&T with the 930, but what the heck, can't have everything :)
    10-28-2015 10:05 PM
    Does any one install Android apps(Astoria project) on this build. This build support Astoria project or not???
    10-29-2015 01:04 AM
    640XL, display size down to 125%, all apps updated, battery life a good 20+ hours with streaming Pandora, Groove music, maps, emails, calls, messaging.. You name it. I'm very content with this build. Working great.
    zkyevolved likes this.
    10-29-2015 01:04 AM
    Its working very well, but there are some big problems like the navigation bar sometimes closes, sometimes not(for Lumia 640) and of course that is still lagging.
    I use windows 10 mobile since summer end and I like it. I tried to come back to wp 8.1 but w10m is much more better.
    10-29-2015 01:51 AM
    Ran into really unexpected problem on this build on my Lumia 820.

Phone started rebooting everytime use the keyboard. Initially I was on whatsapp , I was able to type few words , then invisible characters and then finally phone would reboot.

I tried with different apps right from fb messenger , messaging to even windows feedback. Same thing. It would just reboot.

I am not sure how to send this bug report or feedback to MS?

I am back on 8.1 now. I am not quitting WP 10 testing but I think I will wait for next build to enroll in the insider program because I am using this as my daily driver.

But this was totally unexpected. Phone was working perfectly fine on this build for almost 5 days.

I know one might suggest that I should have just done reset but I thought its better to go back on 8.1
    10-29-2015 03:00 AM
    Lumia 720. BAD. Like really really bad. It was all good and well for the first 3 days like I encountered some bugs but they were negligible to say the least. Since yesterday its actually worse than the previous builds I've tried actually. Gets stuck and have to reset multiple times. Battery timing was ok at the start but now it takes like 2 hour to fully discharge. My storage is all filled up unnecessarily even though I didn't install any new apps and all my music and pictures are stored on the sd card. App launch fails, app crashes, long app launch times you name it. I don't know if its because my phone is really old or if its because the build isn't optimized for a 720 but it definitely doesn't work on a 720. Rolling back to 8.1
    10-29-2015 03:35 AM
    Seems a bit 'up & down' to me.

Sometimes its fine, other times not. Latest issue for me is that the live tiles not not properly refresh even after a restart.

Seems to me the Windows Central has quietened down significantly on their WP news. App updates always used to get reported but not any more, apparently. All the core office apps + messaging, maps & phone all updated in the past 24 hours. Not any signs of Windows Central commenting on these. Maybe they've lost all interest while waiting for the new phones to be released.
    10-29-2015 03:49 AM
    Sending text from Desktop is cool feature but if they add keyboard support and WiFi / Bluetooth connectivity to Project My Screen (Download Project My Screen App for Windows Phone from Official Microsoft Download Center) it would be really wonderful app for desktop, what you guys think, please up vote for it if agree.

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...-my-screen-app
    10-29-2015 05:00 AM
    Does any one install Android apps(Astoria project) on this build. This build support Astoria project or not???
    no this build doesn't support Astoria project and that's why its faster and more stable than previous builds
    10-29-2015 06:35 AM
    on lumia 920 its working fine faster than previous builds but in lumia 920 I encountered some problems . on lumia 620 in the first time it was so buggy and slow and after 8hours of the upgrade I got blue screen with sad smile so I used the recovery tool to go back to 8.1 then I updated again and now every thing is working fine
    10-29-2015 06:39 AM
    this build is still not what I called "stable release" considering that November is the release month for the OS. I am running the build on a 640XL and there's a lot of annoyances/bugs that I think needs to be address. One of the issues I encountered is how an application would open then closes right away, or when the app won't load after you touch-click a tile from the start screen and it won't open the app at all. There are still lots of bugs on this release and i'm afraid this is not ready. Although, I've seen a twitter post from a MS guy who mentioned something great about to come out on a new build today, so I hope it's the RTM version of the OS. Overall, the phone OS in general is a great OS that I could definitely use for work and play.
    10-29-2015 07:13 AM
    this build is still not what I called "stable release" considering that November is the release month for the OS. I am running the build on a 640XL and there's a lot of annoyances/bugs that I think needs to be address. One of the issues I encountered is how an application would open then closes right away, or when the app won't load after you touch-click a tile from the start screen and it won't open the app at all. There are still lots of bugs on this release and i'm afraid this is not ready. Although, I've seen a twitter post from a MS guy who mentioned something great about to come out on a new build today, so I hope it's the RTM version of the OS. Overall, the phone OS in general is a great OS that I could definitely use for work and play.
    RTM release is December, not November
    Walden Gajo likes this.
    10-29-2015 10:04 AM
    RTM release is December, not November
    Shipment of the new devices is November, so there should be a "releasable" version for the "manufacturer" then. Looks like there will be a solid shipment version (in terms of upgradablity) and a big day one update. Excited to see what is rumored to be released later today (?)...
    10-29-2015 10:11 AM
    The messaging app crashes ! As soon as I go to see a message, it crashes !!!!!
    10-29-2015 12:37 PM
    I updated straight to this build, 10581, will Hard reset later, though.
    Tile/Lockscreen notification are fixed, plus Wide Live-Tiles are back.
    Lockscreen Lock/Unlock and interactions are a LOT faster now.
    Glance is working again. (Still can't be updated)
    Action Centre is even MORE responsive than 10572. Everything is a LOT faster than 10572. App startups are ridiculously fast. I had no idea W10M could reach this power...
    Alright, a couple more apps joined Glance in the can't-update issue. Network, Touch, Rater Your Device, Audio. (This can be device related.)
    I'll try to update this post with things I discover.
    Last edited by HXD; 10-29-2015 at 05:14 PM.
    chasvs likes this.
    10-29-2015 02:02 PM
    I assume there'll be a NEW Thread for 10581?
    10-29-2015 02:46 PM
    but the camera and messaging is still buggy -_- can't even use timer unlimited :(
    10-30-2015 10:39 AM
    My 1520.3 started acting strange also. The screen would blink every 2 mins, frame rate dropped a lot so its shuddering, and every few secs it would flip upside down but still respond to touch as if it was right side up.
    12-26-2015 10:37 PM
974 ... 373839