The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-26-2015 10:37 PM
974 ... 678910 ...
tools
    lot faster and snappy and overall Fantastic . Maps on SD card is great feature as we don't have to re-download it for any upgrades any more and photos now works great . polished version
    10-21-2015 10:01 AM
    The lock screen was changed not to go up like a curtain. Instead the date and time go up with background stationary and the number keys float up to replace date the time to unlock phone. I like it better than the "curtain effect" of the previous unlock screen.
    10-21-2015 10:02 AM
    "Anyone else having problem with turning on motion data?

There seems to be an update in the store, but it won't install.

Also, there seems to be a constant 'Block and Filer (global)' download. It installs OK, but when I check for update, it comes up again!

Attachment 114841"

Motion and Glance both do this for me... not sure if it was because I restored a back up or not.
    I restored a backup and I have the same issues.

At first went into the motion data settings, enabled and disabled hoping it would fix it but nothing. Then I went into glance screen and turned it off from peek. Then when I clicked motion data it didn't even go into the settings and glance just exited out. I joined insider program again , restarted and then did an update and there was a fast configuration update. Updated it and while i can get back into motion data/glance sections the motion data download keeps failing and yes call block keeps downloading. My guess is maybe a store update may fix this.
    10-21-2015 10:03 AM
    Do you are getting 3g only/4G only mode?This is a must required feature.
    wp_ss_20151021_0002.jpg

However, it's only a selector to choose highest, it will adapt to lower speeds when required.
    AkkiSwifter likes this.
    10-21-2015 10:04 AM
    Installed the update this morning (Oct 21 2015) and after my 830 restarted, it wouldn't recognize my SD card. I popped it out and reset it several times, restarted several times, and verified that the card can be read in my PC. I'm doing a hard reset now hoping that might fix it. If not, might be going back to 8.1. :-(
    10-21-2015 10:07 AM
    Compare your bat life to 8.1 though?
    I can honestly say that the battery drain on the previous build was HORRIBLE! I want from 100% to 23% in under 3 hours. This build however has GREAT battery life on my Lumia Icon! I think it is VERY comparable to W8.1 usage. A few bugs here and there, mostly related to downloading apps and a few app crashes (settings trying to change notification sounds), and of course still no "Hey Cortana," but all-in-all, this build can easily be used as a daily driver. I'm VERY pleased with this build and look forward to the continued progress Microsoft is making on Win10 Mobile!
    madapo and fjordstrom like this.
    10-21-2015 10:11 AM
    Installed the update this morning (Oct 21 2015) and after my 830 restarted, it wouldn't recognize my SD card. I popped it out and reset it several times, restarted several times, and verified that the card can be read in my PC. I'm doing a hard reset now hoping that might fix it. If not, might be going back to 8.1. :-(
    Mine is doing the same thing. The funny thing though is that Groove Music picks up all my music on my SD card. It might just be an issue with it detecting any apps on the SD card.
    10-21-2015 10:16 AM
    my sdcard disappear --' all apps in it .. gone! maybe if i hard reset?? :(
    UPDATE: yes hard reset solved :)
    Last edited by Diana Silva; 10-21-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    10-21-2015 10:17 AM
    <About SMS not syncing for any messages newer than a year old>

Did your SMS sync normally after connecting your MS account? Mine seems not synching at all.
    I had this problem. Messages from over a year ago were showing up, but nothing newer. NOTHING I did would fix this. I tried forcing account settings to sync (the old WP8.1 trick), I tried forcing Cortana's settings, messaging settings, outlook syncing, restarting, re-syncing, forcing the app to close, etc. Tried all of this for hours, including idle time to let it just "catch up". Nothing worked.

Then, I just sent a text message. Bam! Now my messages are syncing again! So... apparently that's the trick. Just send an SMS message.

EDIT: Okay., I might have called this one too early. It started downloading messages, but then the syncing stopped. I don't know what's up.
    10-21-2015 10:19 AM
    I had a problem with the camera, it shows a green screen. Any solution for this?
    10-21-2015 10:22 AM
    Upgrade is running, but I have been noticing some strange little issues on my 640. Blueskies no longer will do a wide tile, strange hickups with the phone app, it always goes directly to the home screen when I answer or make a call, leaving the bar at the top of the screen. I have done a reset on my phone and that hasn't resolved it.
    Jorgul likes this.
    10-21-2015 10:24 AM
    Are you able to verify your account on this build? When I want to sync my passwords, I can't verify my account. Settings - Accounts - Sync your settings and there if I want to sync passwords, I need to verify my identity on this device. But when I click on the VERIFY, nothing happens. So I can't verify my account and sync my passwords.
    10-21-2015 10:25 AM
    So there's now the option in mobile Edge to sync favorites and reading lists across devices. But, mine is off and greyed out. It says some Windows features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account. Anyone else's greyed out?
    10-21-2015 10:26 AM
    Hi, Can someone confirm if MixRadio is available to install in win10? this is what makes me come back to 8.1 every single time =|
    10-21-2015 10:30 AM
    I upgraded my Icon to the new os. Couple things I noticed right off the bat. One was mentioned in the video, where after taking a pic, when I tap the circle to view it, nothing happens. The second major issue I have is that it takes 12 seconds to open up the messaging app, and another 10 to open a particular message thread.

This is my first time upgrading to a W10M build, and not the biggest fan of the circle pics under People.
    10-21-2015 10:30 AM
    How are the Cortana improvements? Can she read and let you respond to texts via Bluetooth in the car again? And working with BAND again?
    10-21-2015 10:31 AM
    There's one new feature...it's hard to notice, buried in phone settings. It's device verification, just like on PC that says "your passwords won't sync until you verify your identity on this device".
    Attachment 114845
    Yeah, I've seen this. But the "Verify" link does not work.
    10-21-2015 10:33 AM
    Does anyone know if the backup photos to onedrive is working? doesn't appear to be backing my photos up
    10-21-2015 10:36 AM
    did it work? im doing the same .. till now this build is worst than 10549 :(
    10-21-2015 10:36 AM
    some apps are blured on the start screen and cant use the large tile!
    10-21-2015 10:39 AM
    btw, if you havent noticed. Edge mobile and Edge desktop now synch favourites, or have an option to do so.
    really, I dont see that option on my Lumia 830 on ATT... Maybe hidden?
    10-21-2015 10:52 AM
    Saw this mentioned somewhere else in the thread, upon initial boot after upgrade, it took a couple resets in order for button functionality to work.
    So far, SO MUCH FASTER. But a few items persist. When running App Update, it ALWAYS updates SMS/BLOCK and Photo Plugins. The photo plugins has always updated each time you run update since 10536, are they really updating it that fast? The SMS/Block Filter is new.

Motion Data and Lumia Tips fails to update each time. Error: 0x0803F8006

Still not getting Email notification on Glance, though SMS does now. Overall, much smoother, faster and less battery drain.
    920Walker and Corwin_Amber like this.
    Anyone else having problem with turning on motion data?

There seems to be an update in the store, but it won't install.

Also, there seems to be a constant 'Block and Filer (global)' download. It installs OK, but when I check for update, it comes up again!

Attachment 114841
    Yes, me. L1520. I tried another hard reset, now I am having the same PLUS Microsoft Pictures plugin showing up every time, Reported to feedback as two issues.
    10-21-2015 10:56 AM
    So far, SO MUCH FASTER. But a few items persist. When running App Update, it ALWAYS updates SMS/BLOCK and Photo Plugins. The photo plugins has always updated each time you run update since 10536, are they really updating it that fast? The SMS/Block Filter is new.

Motion Data and Lumia Tips fails to update each time. Error: 0x0803F8006

Still not getting Email notification on Glance, though SMS does now. Overall, much smoother, faster and less battery drain.
    Good to hear about the store quirks, I am having the same and reported it. So they will probably fix it :)
    10-21-2015 10:57 AM
974 ... 678910 ...