Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Oh but texting from the PC is too cool......

There have been SO many requests for that. I'm looking forward to trying that myself.

Also thrilled that I can finally put maps on the SD card. Can't fit them into phone memory, which means installing/removing different maps while travelling. I'm going to load the entire US and Canada on my SD card.

kcpistol

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 1020 - was ok on 10549 - can't get past the black screen after the Nokia logo on this update though, sort reset does not clear it.

I guess its back to 8.1 for me until they get this sorted out, rats :(

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i was reading the known issues in their blog post. i dont understand what they mean about "second line" messaging app. could someone explain?

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
My 930 was ok on the last preview, but after install was stuck after boot on blank screen and nothing would help.

Had to go back to 8.1.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
you need to let it sit on the black screen for 10-15 minutes and then it will continue. happened on mine.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
just rolled back to 8.1, installed 10572. hard reset. and it won't connect to my MS account properly. I entered details during setup. then once phone started up, there was no e-mail, calendar or contacts. I went to accounts and noticed my account was there but I had to add email and calendar account which I did. I did a soft reset and now I just have my Skype contacts but still no calendar or email or the rest of my contacts. only thing I've done different to usual installs is I didn't connect to Wifi during setup. I'm now installing insider and 46 app updates and seeing if that helps. if not I will be doing another hard reset and connecting to wifi.

Nopea

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Why wont microsoft release new builds through recovery tool. It takes literally 1min to get 8.1 installed. I would imagine it would take 1min to install new build too.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Why wont microsoft release new builds through recovery tool. It takes literally 1min to get 8.1 installed. I would imagine it would take 1min to install new build too.

This is a really good idea! WDRT can install in minutes while upgrading probably took hours. Having two upgrade option would be nice, OTA for normobs and WDRT for everyone else. Hope this option available soon or after RTM at least.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE. Hard reset and went through same process but this time all ok, even without Wifi. So not sure what the heck happened. IF anyone else gets this issue, looks like you will need to hard reset.

selaromdotnet

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey! Do apps installed on sd card work after a reboot? Can anybody throw some light on this issue? Thanks in advance:)

not here, just upgraded to insider preview for the first time with this build, and although the upgrade itself seems to have completed without any issues, the SD card is entirely not found :(

the app placeholders are there, and it says I just need to insert the card, which of course I never took it out, but it just won't recognize it...

anyone have a fix?

herbche

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Caught in a loop upgrading to 10572 on my HTC One M8 running Windows Phone 8.1. Download progresses to 84% and stalls. After a few minutes, I get notification that an update is available. It picks up at about 45% after restarting the install. I've restarted the phone twice with the same results.

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Windows Phone 8.1. I have turned on Developer Preview, and at the Phone Update screen, I manually tell it to check for updates. It tells me "checking for updates...." And it just sits there. How do I get it to actually get the update?

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Update: [Cortana still causes Abrupt shut offs and Drainage on my 1520 ;SOLUTION- CUT CORTANA OFF!!!! and the Build is good.] ORIGINAL: This is by far the best Build.Along with the new features,many bugs are fixed. Its Quick , snappy and the battery life has improved.My 1520 but it was dying ( until I turned Cortana and Location off) .I turned on Location and so far so good. To be fair , I need to cut Cortana back on. ( the 1520's has had a major Battery /Drain/Shutdown issue) it hasn't happened since I cut off Location and Cortana . I'm afraid to bring her back , but to provide a fair review of this build I must .

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo