Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
There's one new feature...it's hard to notice, buried in phone settings. It's device verification, just like on PC that says "your passwords won't sync until you verify your identity on this device".
wp_ss_20151021_0001.png

Jomon

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Did we get another update today? I upgraded last night and now my phone (1520) is installing an update. So far this new build is so much better than the previous one. Much more stable and a lot zippier.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Motion and Glance both do this for me... not sure if it was because I restored a back up or not.

I did my upgrade from scratch and it still does it. So nothing to do with a restore. In fact, I did it twice thinking something went wrong, but it still did it. Waste of three hours....

Oh well...

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Compare your bat life to 8.1 though?

I can't compare it just yet as I need a day to know for sure. But, my last go rounds with 10 my battery made it 3 hrs max with almost no usage. This time, it's not overheating which means no process is destroying the battery. And its been install apps and finishing certain setup pieces all morning and the battery is still above 80%.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me, or the default camera only takes photos in 1080p, while lumia camera works fine?

I just prefer default camera as it only stores photos in 16M, while lumia camera saves in 5M and 16M. I hope they get rid of this, useless feature, IMO.

Just tried Microsoft Camera and it took the image at the proper resolution. I had a similar issue, with the previous build, when the camera application was still slowly saving earlier shots. I believe it could be something to do with Living Images, try turning it off.

Nice that they added some text to the one-handed mode:

wp_ss_20151021_0001.jpg

Screenshot function seems a little off for me. It says it couldn't take a screenshot, but still does.

I, also, get the lock screen picture not sliding up. Not sure if it's a bug or intended.

Previous build, 10549, had an issue with the address bar for Edge. Would show mostly when opening another tab. It has been fixed in this build. The text for advanced in Edge, is also using the correct font, unlike 10549.

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am running the latest build after downgrading and then installing this build on a 640XL with a few issues:

Motion Data won't install from the store (seems others gave this issue too?).
Messaging+ is the same.

But, this may be new, YouTube is listed in the app list as Pending. Cannot be uninstalled and Store says it us akready installed even though tapping it does nothing - any ideas?

mdau

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Installed it today, dirty install from windows 8.1. No unexpected problem so far. No overheating and battery is good so far.
The build is faster than any other build 10 i have tried so far, i am happy with it

Nam Long

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I just finished installing it and hard reset for a clean start . I am impressed by the smoothness and speed of this build . Totally worth it ! . One thing tho is my Touch setting is gone ( no double tap ) . Anyone knows how can i get that back ?

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I just finished installing it and hard reset for a clean start . I am impressed by the smoothness and speed of this build . Totally worth it ! . One thing tho is my Touch setting is gone ( no double tap ) . Anyone knows how can i get that back ?
What phone are you using?

rich4aikido

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded last night on my 1520 from 8.1. So far so great! It performed the upgrade and kept all my apps and data intact! It was the smoothest upgrade I've had yet of a preview build by far. Previously, I always had to start from scratch.

So far it's running amazingly well for me as well. It's much, much, much more responsive than previous builds, almost on par with 8.1.. almost. It's not draining the battery like crazy like the previous builds were doing, nor have I experienced any overheating. It's been near perfect honestly. The only issues I've ran into are:

1. Screen tap responsiveness issues linger. Sometimes I have to tap two or three times before it registers. Not as bad as previous builds but still there.

2. A few "extra" apps appear to not be working at all. Namely Network +, Hey Cortana, touch. Not sure why.

3. Store keeps trying to update IE and failing? WTF? IE? Huh? .. there are a few other apps that won't update, but nothing I would ever use (carrier apps and Lumia Help).

Other than that, this build is solid!

selaromdotnet

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
gave up, after upgrading from 8.1 couldn't restore my previous backup, couldn't reinstall any of my old apps from the store, kept getting error codes like 0x80073cf9. since this is my primary phone, just don't have time to be jerking around. i'll try the new build on my test device when I don't have to restore it, but for my main driver, going back to 8.1 :(

Luthraev

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
anyone else has problems with adding his work excange account ? after entering my account it redirects to another page where it says an error has happened.(errrorcode 0xcaa5007a)=> google / bing :) does not say anything about this error code.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am running the latest build after downgrading and then installing this build on a 640XL with a few issues:

Motion Data won't install from the store (seems others gave this issue too?).
Messaging+ is the same.

But, this may be new, YouTube is listed in the app list as Pending. Cannot be uninstalled and Store says it us akready installed even though tapping it does nothing - any ideas?

Do a soft reset and try to reinstall. That should do it.

leehab

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
lot faster and snappy and overall Fantastic . Maps on SD card is great feature as we don't have to re-download it for any upgrades any more and photos now works great . polished version

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The lock screen was changed not to go up like a curtain. Instead the date and time go up with background stationary and the number keys float up to replace date the time to unlock phone. I like it better than the "curtain effect" of the previous unlock screen.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
"Anyone else having problem with turning on motion data?

There seems to be an update in the store, but it won't install.

Also, there seems to be a constant 'Block and Filer (global)' download. It installs OK, but when I check for update, it comes up again!

Attachment 114841"

Motion and Glance both do this for me... not sure if it was because I restored a back up or not.

I restored a backup and I have the same issues.

At first went into the motion data settings, enabled and disabled hoping it would fix it but nothing. Then I went into glance screen and turned it off from peek. Then when I clicked motion data it didn't even go into the settings and glance just exited out. I joined insider program again , restarted and then did an update and there was a fast configuration update. Updated it and while i can get back into motion data/glance sections the motion data download keeps failing and yes call block keeps downloading. My guess is maybe a store update may fix this.

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Installed the update this morning (Oct 21 2015) and after my 830 restarted, it wouldn't recognize my SD card. I popped it out and reset it several times, restarted several times, and verified that the card can be read in my PC. I'm doing a hard reset now hoping that might fix it. If not, might be going back to 8.1. :-(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett