Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 640
Performed 10572 update and then waited for store to finish app updates. Ignored app failures
Did Hard Reset
(At this point the phone did see the SD card and had everything except New Apps pointed at SD)
Loaded Windows Insider app and rejoined Fast Ring again. Immediately got a second small update.
After booting back up, SD card no longer recognized. As though not present. Took it out and formatted on PC.
Stuck it back into phone and phone immediately recognized it and prompted for choosing to direct all new photos, songs, and apps at SD card.

So in case you guys have lost SD card, this is the routine I experienced and used to get it back.

Love the new UI for moving apps to SD card!

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
NOLA, you caught my attention with your last paragraph (ICON). I've tried the last several builds but end up rolling back to 8.1 just because of battery drain. 549 was really bad for me. Had it on for 4-5 days. Was running 512 the longest. And all 3 times I installed the insider builds, I was already installing just like you described above. Although, I didn't go back to the insider app after upgrading to 549 last week. wonder if that was my issue.

Believe me, I was in the same situation. I returned my phone to 8.1 so many times, I wasn't sure I even wanted to try this build, but I'm now VERY glad I did. I've been unplugged and on battery power now for almost 2 hours and I still have 88% battery, and I have over 30 apps allowed to run in the background!

Amit Singhania

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi I have Lumia 640, It took almost 1hr 30 min to upgrade to build 10572 from 8.1 after upgrate its took almost 5-7 min to restart my phone.
Soon after restart data migration started & one its completed it restarted again.
After restart is requesting PIN to enter, However it does not recognize my PIN, After so many failed attempt i forced to re-start my phone.

Now My phone is locked up !!! Message on screen " You've entered an incorrect PIN too many times. To try again, resart your device.

I have shutdown & restarted my phone 3-4 times, each time it takes 5-7 min to startup.

Nothing happning .. Please help !!!

milanwp

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I have problem with badge icon in this build. I dont have badge icon for whatsapp and facebook messenger, twitter ect after receiving new notification. Does anyone know how to fix this?
I do have badge icon on messages, outlook mail...

im.thatoneguy

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It's running way better. But the process was HORENDOUS. Also I made the mistake of restoring my Backup while on 8.1 and that dicked up everything. So now I've lost all of my Windows Phone 10 preferences. Do not restore a backup! It will mess everything up.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
For all those who talk about battery use, it's not a good indicator of how efficient the OS will be for regular use later on if you only look at the first few days. The use is ALWAYS much more intense in the first couple of days when the phone is adjusting and setting everything up. This always happens.

Alessandro Dut

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Any developer having a problem deploying apps to device in build 10572?

I am getting this:

Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage
Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found.

It was working fine on last build...

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: build 10572

I know that Windows 10 is in Beta phase but it so frustrating that every beta build can't fix and some are worsen. I

Maybe you shouldn't be in the beta program. I almost wonder if Microsoft should stop this process, because so many people simply don't seem to get it - things WILL break, and things WILL GET WORSE sometimes. And far too many people were screaming about how slow it was and how awful it would be, without knowing the process of how Microsoft works.
I guess the feedback that Microsoft gets is worth it to them though.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me, or the default camera only takes photos in 1080p, while lumia camera works fine?

I just prefer default camera as it only stores photos in 16M, while lumia camera saves in 5M and 16M. I hope they get rid of this, useless feature, IMO.
I just checked and saw the same problem - I see only 1080p resolution on my *Onedrive* cameraroll. But the thing I see is OneDrive autoupload was not enabled on my phone. Not sure how it got there. Anyway, I turned on OneDrive autoupload (and changed aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3) and I see full res photos on my OneDrive.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I am unable to hide navigation bar when any non native or third party apps like WhatsApp or Twitter apps are open on my 730..Is that just me or everyone with 730 facing this issue?

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Alright, so I'm gonna have to reset anyway. Something about this build was making Groove Music eat my battery alive with close to 50 percent usage, even though I'm listening to music passively with the screen off. 1520 getting noticeably warm through the bumper too. Let's see if this corrects it. Any one else having this issue?

stephanejap

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is showing significant improvement! Visual Voicemail is back, very little if none at all "loading/resuming", apps pin very quickly to the start screen, keyboard is really fast and responsive! I must say that this is the best build I've seen in quite some time! It is working great on 3 of my 4 devices (L640xl, L830 and L930). Currently finishing installation on my 1520, was waiting to see how the build was behaving on the other ones first before installing on my main device! :). Only negative I've noticed so far: Glance Screen and Motion Data cannot start!

GuilhermeManso

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Seams like the removed the Motion Data (needs for SensorCore) app from the Store. The directly link to it (http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=8fc25fd2-4e2e-4873-be44-20e57f6ec52b) does not work since yesterday. That is the reason that this app is not updating.
I already reported this to Microsoft but so far did not get any answer. Hope they are coming with an updated app, or at least fix this very soon, because I already missing this.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My Start Screen is pretty laggy.
Scrolling and moving tiles around is pretty slow.

Overall, though, I think it's a good build.

Edge didn't sync my Favorites, for a while.
They are there, now, though.
It must be a background process.
JJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre