Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 830 here. Just updated to 10572. Everything seems dandy and faster, this time for real! Maybe it's too quick to judge, but there are fewer loading and resuming screens. And the News app finally doesn't crash on load.

And I'm not sure if this is part of this specific build, but CORTANA INDIA IS FINALLY LIVE for mobile! :D

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Only 2 problems I've found so far.

First, text messages did not restore from backup. Not really important.

Next, cannot download UK English speech language. Same error as before which was previously resolved..."Error downloading". As a consequence cannot run Cortana or have text messages read out (which is really helpful). Oh well, maybe next week's release?

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Only 2 problems I've found so far.

First, text messages did not restore from backup. Not really important.

Next, cannot download UK English speech language. Same error as before which was previously resolved..."Error downloading". As a consequence cannot run Cortana or have text messages read out (which is really helpful). Oh well, maybe next week's release?

Did you reenroll in the fast ring in the insider app? That worked for me

Maximus Prime2

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
So in the last 5 days I have sent my 1520 back to Win 8.1 twice to get the most recent builds, 49 and 72. I my opinion the previous build worked better. In both cases I did the full revert to 8.1 followed by the build install and a hard reset. My 1520 was cooking itself and eating up the battery on 49 and even though 72 was suppose to fix these issues in my case this build "has not". It might be a little bit better but it is far from being right. I have been an Insider since the program was started and had to bail on the first three builds because this is my daily phone and those builds were just "that bad". Here we are, probably 2-4 weeks away from the new phones being released and the OS "still" has these issues. I would think that the OS "should" be "really" close by now, but I guess that is too much to ask.:angry:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I thought the Photos could not be shared with 3rd party apps?

From the blog:"Photos cannot be selected for sharing through third party apps like Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram Beta, WhatsApp etc."

I've been able to share through Facebook and Twitter with no issues whatsoever, both from inside the app and from inside the Photos app. Not sure where the problem is, but perhaps it has been fixed already. Scratching my head on that one. Maybe it was an app update for the photo picker? Anyone else have a fixed one?

YeahRrright

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
This is the first build I got for my Lumia 1520.

1) Installed on Windows 8.1
2) Most of the apps were not working, couldn't open settings
3) Did hard reset by pressing Vol Down and Power, then once vibrates hold Vol Down, then when "!" is displayed pressing sequence Vol Up - Vold Down - Power - Vol Down
4) Did clean install, no backup.
5) Couldn't install Russian keyboard - had to re-enroll to Insider Preview. Worked.

Issues:
Groove doesn't have an option NOT to include music from OneDrive. Very annoying.
Groove sometimes doesn't switch to next song, especially on shuffle. It shows PAUSE button, meaning it thinks its playing when it is not. Annoying.
No "Hey Cortana" - it worked bad on W8.1 so I am not missing it.
No motion data - health app without Band (and there are no bands in Estonia) is useless.
Unlocking the phone only moves the text up - very weird looking effect. It got to be a bug. Really weird.
No way to set Weather app for the LockScreen - that is the most annoying part. JUST horrible.

No heating and battery draining so far.

Not a daily driver yet... But since I am lazy I will leave it. We will see.

donaldvc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I believe there is now an option in sync settings to choose whether or not to sync text messages across devices. Check to see if the toggle setting is off.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Each and every time we cannot go back to 8.1. for every new build like 10549 and 10572, why you cannot help with this issue and this is a real frustration for insiders as with every build the crashed app in old gets cured in new but again in new build the old working gets crashed.

I think this is the objective of Windows Insider... Testing.

I think please avoid giving upgrades to existing lumia to w10m don't worry about market share because the performance will be slower and many phones will loose its life.

Again, this is Windows Insider.

frankly speaking this L830 will be mine last wp as am jumping to android. Really a big headache.

Your decision.

I don't understand why they are in a hurry, let android OS, iOS take the complete market share. Take your time build a complete OS with all bugs and errors then release to both FAST and SLOW insider give at least a month and start collecting reviews from them.

Again, Windows Insiders is for TESTING!

What i seen in current that they just running with fixing a minor bug and releasing build.

My request take time and release.

Am bored updating from 8.1 to 10.

You should consider leaving Windows Insider and just wait to the final release.

Instead of fixing bugs please fill the GAME GAP when i saw GAMELOFT they have release much more than what we have in store.

Why don't you ask GAMELOFT to develop those games that you want? A mobile device is not only gaming.

also provide a controller for XBOX in mobile for playing game like same experience as PC and Xbox.

This this few things they would change i assure that Microsoft will loose faith of customer.

they are not going as per customer needs thats why they lack behind they are in their own world.

I've just read childish tantrums here.

Miguel Correia

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
@rromerof

#Whiplash ahahah :cool:

As i have said before, this is the best IP yet. Can't complain, now i am not scared anymore. Its getting there and it will be.

YeahRrright

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
BTW, does anyone has issue with Outlook Mail app? It stuck on showing 4 old emails I read and deleted hours ago.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon