Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

Devan Hammack

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Groove doesn't have an option NOT to include music from OneDrive. Very annoying.

No heating and battery draining so far.

Not a daily driver yet...

Actually, there is an option to NOT include OneDrive music in Groove. Turn off streaming by selecting "offline only".

I haven't had heating or battery issues either.. nearly 24 hrs later

For me, on my 640XL, it is a daily driver. Outside of a few minor bugs, it is working very well. Its quick and responsive. Only seen one "resuming" screen so far in pretty heavy use. Live tile notifications are back for mail and look better.
Its all good here for me.
Wish I could test it on my 1520, but still waiting on MS to replace my broken one :(

Best build by far, gives me great hope for the final release. Its so far beyond the last few builds... This is the first one (so far) that I'd say I won't even consider reverting back to 8.1. I never reverted before, but I *really* wanted to.

Oh and to the person who can't restore their text messages... Not sure what you did wrong, but it worked automatically for me. I didn't have to tell it to backup or anything. Reverted to 8.1, installed 10, hard reset... and everything showed up after a little bit. Perfect.

Reza Chizari

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Done yesterday. It seems working properly and the speed is better than the previous one. Also there are some bugs. battery drain is still a problem. Voice message and Video message don't send in Line messenger. Backup from the previous version is not restorable and has failed in mid of process and more.

Waiting for 10575 that will release next week.

tebling

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Battery is MUCH improved over 10549 on my 1020. It's after 4pm, and by now my battery would have been less than half with the last build. With the new build it's still showing 7/8ths full! In both cases this is with minimal CPU, just using Outlook, SMS, and WhatsApp throughout the day.

Interesting that others are seeing the opposite...

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I just checked and saw the same problem - I see only 1080p resolution on my *Onedrive* cameraroll. But the thing I see is OneDrive autoupload was not enabled on my phone. Not sure how it got there. Anyway, I turned on OneDrive autoupload (and changed aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3) and I see full res photos on my OneDrive.

This is a bug in the latest update of the Camera app (it was present on 10549 and 10536 as well). With Rich Capture on, the maximum image size is 1080p for some reason. Rich Capture of will give full resolution images.

CombatRock

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Battery life has improved somewhat on my Lumia Icon. Phone still gets pretty warm especially if the phone is charging and I am using it. Apps open faster as well and less crashing.

Con Galiotos

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed quite a few quirks on my 1020.

Most importantly the Lumia Camera app wont start .The same goes for Drive+ and Here Maps. They were working on the previous build.
The lock screen is also buggy. When unlocking, only the words "Slide to unlock" move up, with the background image staying put.
Finally, I noticed that i cant do a soft or hard reset using the phone buttons. It goes to some kind of Windows Feedback system.

I will do a reset phone from the OS and see what happens.

PS: on a positive note it does seem faster than previously. The previous builds felt so slow i would quickly go back to 8.1. If I can get the Lumia Camera app working, I might stay on this for a while.

Update: OS reset doesnt fix aby of the above and ... deletes Lumia Camera. I'll try again from 8.1

Last edited:

tebling

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Most importantly the Lumia Camera app wont start .The same goes for Drive+ and Here. They were working on the previous build.

For reference, all these apps are working for me on my 1020 with 10572. Did you install and enable Windows Insider on the fast ring after installing? Mine went through a second (faster) update and data migration cycle this morning after installing 10572 the previous night. Good luck!

DannyValley

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Awesome build!! Improved battery life, ms edge browser is a lot faster and new translator app looks cool! Only bugs I noticed are that I cannot make the nav bar disappear by swiping up in Facebook Messenger app, it works everywhere else. Another weird thing is scrolling behaviour in ms money and store apps. When I scroll slowly leaving my finger on the screen it starts to lag and react slowly. On the other hand, when I scroll fast just by swiping up or down fast, the scrolling works perfectly. These are just minor bugs that might not concern everyone.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The "lock screen bug"?????
I'm pretty sure the background image staying put while the number pad overlay slides up is intentional.
And it's been in the previous build as well. I like it personally. But even if I didn't, I wouldn't consider it a bug.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the background image staying put while the number pad overlay slides up is intentional.
And it's been in the previous build as well. I like it personally. But even if I didn't, I wouldn't consider it a bug.

It's not a bug. It's an undocumented feature. :wink:

Most importantly the Lumia Camera app wont start .

I had the same issue, until I did a soft reset.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I am okay with either way as long as it works fast, but the new behavior would be inconsistent with W10 on PC.

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Got it on my Lumia 640 today and all I'll run through a quick synopsis of "What's Up So Far/Install Runthrough"

So after rolling back to 8.1 Update 2 everything went fine, I just skipped to downloading the Windows Insider App and grabbed build 10572. After it got onto the build I logged in, scrolled around a bit, it was pretty smooth but I wasnt satisfied yet. So I did a Master Reset and then proceeded in setting up the phone, choosing to keep One Drive backup off, skipped Cortana setup, and starting on a Fresh Slate. After getting in I instantly went to the settings and set my DPI to 175% which worked fine. Then I let the Store update all the apps. But then I noticed a bug....newly installed apps weren't showing up instantly on the Apps list and the Start Screen tile removal and movement was broken. Tried restarting the phone but the problem remained. Then I got the Windows Insider App and set it up for Fast configuration; this triggered an update in my phone. After this update went through the phone did some Migration stuff and then BAM! All those bugs were gone!

Final Thoughts on the build so far...
AMAZING BUILD! After about an hour and a half of usage just going through texts, making a phone call, and browsing the store/web, my 100% battery went down to 98%! Performance is snappy and smooth, there are new animations that really beautify the OS and a big noticeable improvement other than the battery is the speed of swiping down the Action Center! It's sooo buttery smooth now :D Other than that, Apps load MUCH faster and comparing it with a 635 on 8.1, Build 10572 out-did 8.1 in app speed. (This is a big change from the last two builds, which fell short of beating 8.1 in speed).

The only bug I've found so far is that my phone tends to be staying on 4G when it should have LTE capabilities....I will report it though.

My final verdict for 10572: 9/10

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, after about 3 hours of pulling my hair out trying to get Windows Device Recovery tool to work, I finally got my 1520 rolled back to 8.1 and installed this update. It was worth the fuss! Overall, it feels like a final build. They are getting very close to RTM. I'm having some issues with my Spotify app, but thats probably not the OS's fault. This build is very fast! Loving it!!

My only problem is my screen got shattered a few weeks ago, so I can't fully appreciate the beauty of the user interface. And my screen bugs out on me from time to time. Waiting on the 950XL to upgrade!

FANMixco

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Have you gotten build 10572 up and running? How's it working?

I'll be posting back later once I'm able to get it running on my 640.

I discovered 2 not documented issues:
1) Some WP8/8.1 Silverlight are not working for example Wikipedia.
2) You caanot download new languages.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I discovered 2 not documented issues:
1) Some WP8/8.1 Silverlight are not working for example Wikipedia.
2) You caanot download new languages.

You CAN download new languages, but you have to go back into the Insider Preview program and re-enroll in the fast ring to be able to download them for some reason. That's the fix I've been reading about at least. Hope that helps.

Silverlight has been deprecated. It was only allowed in WP8/8.1 for backwards compatibility at that point, but will be completely deprecated at some point in the future to my understanding. Microsoft is trying to get it phased out completely. It will take time to do so.

Edge does not support it. It's an IE thing, which is why IE is included on the Desktop so that corporations can keep their legacy intranet sites.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The only bug I've found so far is that my phone tends to be staying on 4G when it should have LTE capabilities....I will report it though.
I'm also running it on my Lumia 640. My LTE is working flawlessly, but the flashlight in the action center, and any flashlight apps do not work. The focus light also was not working on the camera. At least until I turned on the video light in the video camera for recording. Now everything works.

That makes nothing that isn't working as expected in this build for me. But, hey, I've only been playing hard at it for 14 hours. Give me a few days, I'll find something that doesn't work.

I was initially putting this on my backup phone, but it was working so well, I put it on my daily driver. I don't regret it a bit. Loving this build. Not quite ready to recommend it as a daily driver for everyone, but give me a few more days and I just might. I may put my L635 on it and see how well it does with the same SoC and only 512MB RAM. I'm sure a lot of people would like to get a review of that.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Battery life has improved somewhat on my Lumia Icon. Phone still gets pretty warm especially if the phone is charging and I am using it. Apps open faster as well and less crashing.

I can confirm better battery life on the ICON.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720