Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

Ivan Mag-isa

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Installed it on my 925, coming from 8.1, everything works fine without any hard reset as of now. But i'm planning to do a hard reset, there is this bug when playing your music, its like buffering but can be fixed by seeking the song. Battery life is also good as of now :D

Om_chavan

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Anybody else facing below issues -

1. WhatsApp tile size can't be made large, only small and medium. Notifications not shown on lock scr and tile even when I selected WhatsApp for detailed message on lock scr. Reinstalled, but it's not helping. Even did soft reset.

2. Motion data and Nokia acc updates failing with error

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Sadly, my 1020 which has only seen a year of use can no longer be detected on my computer. I hard reset to troubleshoot and now my build 546 does not have an SMS app(i opted into Skype mess. Beta). Tried having people send me texts and looking for the app but I can't find it. So pretty much now my phone has been completely bricked because Microsoft sucks at life. Ugh, they really should give us a 200$ trade in for sticking around...

Sheratan

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 625H, and can't texting/sms, can't use cellular data. I have try:

- hard reset
- upgrade from 8.1 Cyan with cellular data active (plus hard reset)
- upgrade from 8.1 Cyan without SIM (plus hard reset)
- manually add APN

Other than that everything is ok. I can still make and receive call. But what is a phone without text/sms and cellular data? :(

Xsled

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I am having call and sms issues. Txts coming and going are quite delayed and calls are either ringing through to voicemail or direct to voicemail without a notification.

The main reason I even jumped to this build is because the last build was having the same issues for me. Skype works for voice, video and messaging and it is actually a really great experience. But Phone and sms are hit and miss. Frustrating.

Overall though, I think this build and OS are a great experience.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm having two other bugs that popped up. Initially groove music signed in a nd found all of my music from my collection. Now I try to play it and it won't as it keeps saying it can't sign in.

Second thing is if I pin separate email accounts, the individual tiles don't shown a counter for new emails. The outlook mail app icon does show them however. Anyone having this behavior?

**edit** Right after I posted this, groove music let me sign in and music played... go figure.

And I unpinned the tiles and repinned them. Now the number of unread items is showing up.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Installed the build yesterday on my Lumia 640. There was a black screen after installation, but got through it by leaving the phone alone for 15mins. The build feels smooth but there are still some hiccups like app crashes. The Facebook app doesn't start. I expected the Edge browser to have task bar like pc(top of the screen), but it didn't change. I am glad to see Cortana in India. Battery saver shows that the estimated time left is 1 day 16 hours at 95%, but I doubt it.

Terrigno

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
This build seemed good at first. But as time has gone by, it seems to have started slowing up. Notification bar gets stuck. Some apps won't download. Phone sounds like an echo. Lumia video doesn't record. Etc.

Adi Arfan Mikhail

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm running build 10572 for 24hrs now (Lumia 1520) and so far its quite stable. My only gripe is the new Storage Sense not able to detect my external SD-Card (thus not be able to save photos/videos/apps into it) but 3rd-party file management apps like Files are able to detect and access it.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm having two other bugs that popped up. Initially groove music signed in a nd found all of my music from my collection. Now I try to play it and it won't as it keeps saying it can't sign in.

Second thing is if I pin separate email accounts, the individual tiles don't shown a counter for new emails. The outlook mail app icon does show them however. Anyone having this behavior?

**edit** Right after I posted this, groove music let me sign in and music played... go figure.

For your second issue, on my 640XL it's working as it should. However, I now cannot find Cortana.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Still having the battery drain issue with the messenger app. I tried signing out of Skype Video as well as unchecking the message push from Skype to see if that helps. If i can get this battery drain to stop, this build is a leaps and bounds better than any other for me. Everything is so fast and snappy and very minimal load sceens.

I have an HTC One M8.

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Did you reenroll in the fast ring in the insider app? That worked for me

Thanks for that. Now fixed...after 2 more update installations.

Not exactly the smoothest update process. Maybe the return to 8.1 was to force you back so MS could test the 8.1 to 10 update which will be the normal route for non-insider users.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
ADVISE ON UPGRADING TO BUILD 10572 - I had problems upgrading and still had issues until I read somewhere that taking these steps makes Build 10572 work smoothly, so I tried and IT REALLY WORKS!!

WARNING - This is a LOOOOOONNNGG process, but VERY MUCH worth it!!

Follow these steps and Build 10572 works GREAT!

1) Backup any data you don't want to lose to your PC or the cloud (pictures, documents, videos, etc.)
2) If you are on Win10 build - return your phone to Win 8.1, DO NOT RESTORE!! If you are on W8.1, reset your phone to factory settings - DO NOT RESTORE.
3) With phone now on Win8.1 factory settings, run through the setup process, log in and immediately download the Windows Insider Preview app. You will have to wait for all the other apps to be updated as well.
4) After all apps are updated and Windows Insider Preview app is installed, open Windows Insider Preview app and choose "Fast Ring"
5) Phone should restart and download and install Build 10572.
6) Again, run setup, log in, and allow phone to run updates for all apps - DO NOT RESTORE!!!
7) RESET your phone again! Yes, you read that correctly - RESET Win10 Build 10572 to factory settings.
8) Reinstall the Windows Insider Preview app, open it and choose "Fast Ring"
9) Phone will restart and install Insider Preview edition.
10) At this point, you should have Windows 10 Build 10572 Insider Preview version reset to "factory settings." You can now begin reloading all your backup files and manually install any apps you want on your phone.

I did these steps and my Lumia Icon is actually running better than Windows Phone 8.1 did. Battery is amazing now! The only thing I don't have at this point is "Hey Cortana," but I'm sure we'll get that in future builds. I was a bit skeptical and don't exactly know why this works, but believe me, my Lumia Icon is running like it was designed for Windows 10! The back of the phone is actually COLD to the touch. I only lost 3% battery in 45 minutes and I was on a call for 20 of those minutes. Screen is smooth and quick. Apps launch quickly and have not had any crashes since doing this. Camera had a slight instance of delay in "processing" photo, but that has since disappeared. I'm finally ready to leave this build on my Lumia Icon and use as a daily driver. I just need MS to fix the "Hey Cortana" thing now, but I'm EXTREMELY please with how my Icon is working now!

My night shift has started 8 hours ago, so i've decided to follow your steps, and do a clean install of this build. It took my almost 8 hours to get everything done, roll back to 8.1, all the factory resets and everything. It was going smooth untill point 7, then the phone restarted, and i didn't do the recovery from backup. So i had to wait for all the app updates, windows insider included, just to see i screwed up :) So i had to factory reset again, and install from backup, which at the end told me it couldn't set all my personal things back, no idea why. So long story short, after about 70 app updates my phone just finished, took me 8 hours all together on fast connection to get it done, but the build seems to run nicely on my L930. It was worth it just for the store update fix. It was a full list of errors before that :) Only the phone unlocking works in a very funny way heh, same as action center. So thank you for the guide :D

Mark Richey

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't going to revert and update, but my 930 was running dangerously hot, and the battery was trashed (essentially exceptionally slow charging, and crazy drain) so I did downgrade and install. There is good, bad and ugly:

The good
  1. It is significantly faster than previous builds
  2. Apps open and close nicely, better animations, and lots of updates on apps.
  3. My 930 runs mostly cooler than previously
The Bad
  1. Still requires a hard reset after installation. Of course, we have to remember this is designed for OEM install first and update last, likely not until 2016 sometime.
  2. Some settings (SIM/Cellular for me) changed and caused a bit of confusion as I have to enter APN manually. Took me 2 days to get the Cellular data right.
The Ugly
  1. Battery is still lousy. Lousy. Lousy. I used to be able to outlast my wife's iPhone even on a long day out. But now, barely make 4 hours.
  2. Charging is still iffy. I have gone from using the wireless charging to hard connection because it still overheats and doesn't charge.

So for usability, I give it a 9 compared to other builds. I have been running W10 Mobile on my daily driver since July, and as noted by Daniel, this is near RTM. Performance, a 3-4. Battery stinks compared to what I was getting on early builds this past summer. Perhaps my device has succumbed to constant over heating, but I had hope when it seemed to run cooler on the outset. Maybe the next 1-2 builds, 10575 etc. will fix that. If yes, and if installing from build to build, even with reset, come to fruition, it will be ready for prime time.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
After running cool for 24 hrs, my idling L920 is scorching hot again. Past three builds all started out great but kept going down after a while. This time, it may be related to Glance because it started to get warm soon after I activated it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Wow, this build is so awesome on my 1520! I was very skeptical after my last go round with 10 for mobile. But, this one is superb! No overheating, my battery isn't dead by 10am, groove music found all my music right away. My freaking start screen actually loads!

I only have one bug and I've seen this in other builds. But, for some reason certain photos in my albums are showing duplicates. Anyone else experienced this?

Could it be seeing both device photos and onedrive photos? Check if "don't show duplicates is enabled"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05