Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
24 hours later:

My initial impressions are still the same...

Very noticeable increase in performance. Not quite up to 8.1 levels on my 830, but very, very close. Still tiny amounts of lag (returning to the start screen) and jitters. Some graphical glitches here and there. But, this is the best yet. They've almost got it.

Discovered that my issues with Outlook Calendar are a result of multiple calendars (90% sure on this). I have calendars for personal, work, and birthdays. If I shut all but one off, the app works as intended. More than one, and it goes all to hell. Need to test that a bit more then put in some feedback.

Battery life is just about as it should be.

Scrolling in some situations is wonky.

Store is much improved. No issues installing/updating a laundry list of apps.

This is the first build I'd recommend as a daily driver for "most" people. Still some bugs which may, or may not, be an issue depending on how the person uses the phone (text message syncing, as an example...not an issue for me)....but, overall, I'm no longer worried about the OS. In a couple months or so I'd expect MS to have everything sorted.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
...Second thing is if I pin separate email accounts, the individual tiles don't shown a counter for new emails. The outlook mail app icon does show them however. Anyone having this behavior?

Most of us don't have working Live-Tiles...

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
...This is the first build I'd recommend as a daily driver for "most" people. ...

Can you please tell me, if you're able to set WhatsApp/Messenger/FaceBook tiles as Wide? And are they working as Live tiles? Do you get notifications on them?

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Can you please tell me, if you're able to set WhatsApp/Messenger/FaceBook tiles as Wide? And are they working as Live tiles? Do you get notifications on them?

Can't comment much on this as I'm not a user of those apps. I can say, though, that there is no wide tile for facebook...just tested it. Maybe someone else can chime in help you.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 1520

Some wide tiles are disabled since the scaling was put into the display. Apps will need to be revised to accommodate for this. The good news is that it will force most apps to scale for a wider variety of screen sizes (this is setting up things for Continuum as well).

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Confirm facebook and whatsapp doesnt have wide tile.. I got whatsapp notification, but not at the tile

YeahRrright

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
One more bug. If you ask Cortana to PLAY *playlist/artist/whatever* then she starts Groove and it starts playing, but then it displays RESUMING with the circles going round, it will swirl for a minute or two and then will go back to START screen.

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
On 830, after the update I had many items with pending mapped.I had to uninstall them and re-install from store to refresh them. Still one item Calls+ is stuck at pending and since it's moved to Settings, no known way to remove that item or pending. But otherwise, this is a fantastic build and the Cortana battery issue has been fixed. Full day with 2 hours music and almost 30 mins off calls, I am at 64%. I am a happy camper.

mervs2402

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920 with 10572.

1. While playing music, the lock screen wallpaper flickers and disappears for a millisecond. Same goes for when changing tracks.
2. Sometime songs played goes mute for a second or two and then resumes. Seems like Audio driver issue.

Anyone have similar issues?

Otherwise a significant improvement over the previous builds. Phone does get hot although not as hot as when it was running 10536.

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
same here. soft reset didint help, hard reset didnt help. sad.
We're all got this problem also, stuck blank screen after nokia logo, but the progress still running, just let it finish by itselft. Keep the battery and make the phone cold :3 i place my 720 at the fan. In my case i got second stuck on migrating data, then i did restart(power+volume) after boot up migration is continue :)

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 920 with 10572.

1. While playing music, the lock screen wallpaper flickers and disappears for a millisecond. Same goes for when changing tracks.
2. Sometime songs played goes mute for a second or two and then resumes. Seems like Audio driver issue.

Anyone have similar issues?

Otherwise a significant improvement over the previous builds. Phone does get hot although not as hot as when it was running 10536.

Not sure, but i think theres little problem on lockscreen animation, so it looks like flick. Grove music works, but on banner controls flick also when button clicked. I got second problem also when first time open grove, after all music indexed, they normal.

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

On a 1020 I am able to set the Facebook tile as wide. Don't know if I will get notifications on them as yet. Just changed it to wide. I was getting notifications when I had it set to small though...

I am also able to set the messenger app tile to wide however I don't use the app so I don't know if I would get notifications.

madapo

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
how to fix sms backup problem for Microsoft Lumia 640 XL (dual sim but i have only one setup).
Nothing new for this BUG?
I have lost all sms

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I am running 10572 on my L920. It worked after quite some time, however, I am stuck in a vicious loop where I am unable to reset the phone. I updated and all of the apps and settings seem the same. But, when I press the Settings app, the screen changes for a second and then reverts to Start. I have tried the Power Button+Down Volume and this doesn't help. Same issue arises.

I guess I should have done a master reset prior to the update from 8.1 but never thought to do that prior to this update (just read some advice from another member to do so). UGH!

Is there anything I can do at this point? Can I do a master reset another way?

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
On a 1020 I am able to set the Facebook tile as wide. Don't know if I will get notifications on them as yet. Just changed it to wide. I was getting notifications when I had it set to small though...

I am also able to set the messenger app tile to wide however I don't use the app so I don't know if I would get notifications.

I appreciate your help! But, users confirmed that Live-Tiles are not working in this build. So, I'm pretty sure you just upgraded, and didn't Hard Reset afterwards, that's why they're working for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb