Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I think people underestimate the value in having already restored your phone once using the Windows Device Recovery tool. If you don't have a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 to rollback to, downloading that from the server could take a while.

I agree... However, I'm weird and delete the downloaded file after each restore so that it gets a fresh copy every time.

Probably helps that I have 100M internet at home...

xtremesteve

May 4, 2015
Visit site
After the downgrade to 8.1 and then the upgrade and app reinstall and possibly losing some of my backup, I noticed a couple of big things. The battery life is way better now that it was on my Lumia 930. A lot of the lag is gone now too. On the Windows Central app, it lagged after you clicked an article and had to wait a few seconds for it to load, now it seems closer to instant, but still not perfect. Overall speed seems way better than before. This is nice that it's close to production.

I'm really dying to see the txt/message/skype integration with Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3.
Stephen

mvierling

May 19, 2008
Visit site
I have it running on my 1020 and build 10572 and it brings back bugs that were once fixed:
1) Using your phone as a hotspot no longer works. It works few seconds and then you drop connection to it. You are unable to reconnect until you reboot your phone, though you again can only connect for a few seconds.
2) Multiple apps fail to update from the app store. Three that I have encountered are 1. glance screen, 2. Lumia Help+Tips, and 3. Device Help.

And yes, I ALWAYS perform a hard reset after I upgrade to a new build. I've actually performed 3 hard resets with this build and the above problems continue to exist.

Apoc08

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have any problems concerning touch on Lumia 1520, it was working fine last night. But as of this morning its being erratic. I enter whatsapp for example and the phone goes crazy, it presses random letter and its not responsive. Same thing happened on previous build 10549
Does anyone have the same problem?

brianf2

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I have installed it on my Lumia 1520. Definitely faster and battery life is better. I had to hard reset a few times to get everything back in place. A few pending issues. Twitter opens to a blank screen. The ESPN Fantasy Football app is stuck on the welcome screen and I have a few apps that show two copies. One installed and one pending. No way to remove the pending version. Definitely an improvement over the older versions, but getting Twitter and ESPN working are important

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Okay, after two days I can say a little bit more..

Video recording via Lumia Camera/Lumia Camera Beta is broken. Microsoft Camera doesn't capture sound.

Opening any photo editor via Photos is impossible (immediate crash)

Unable to update motion data.

MyTube (Beta for w10) video playback is broken - black screen+sound only.

Facebook Beta is often throwing errors on startup, also shows wrong count of new posts on newsfeed (always 7 in my case)

NextGen Reader is very laggy.

Windows Central app is a joke since few months on 8.1 also. Throwing a lot of errors (wi-fi/3g tested) doesn't fetch comments, problems loading content. It's even worse on WIN10M.

Plenty of other apps are crashing on startup or are working improperly.

Overall, it's a decent piece of software, but still feels like 2-3 builds away from RTM.

Master Chief117

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
640, Australia, Vodafone

All memory card apps are unavailable but phone works fine. Waiting for next update to fix this issue.

note: music still works, music on my memory card. which means, it's not a memory card issue.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Master Chief, there are others who have found methods to get their SD card recognized. But the easiest for me was to put it in my PC and reformat it. Then put it back in the phone and it sees it.

Obviously you would want to copy all your music and stuff back onto it afterwards.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
So what i've seen on my L930 is that the build is getting faster, battery life is much much better now, at least 2x better.

Broken:
Video recording
Action center doesn't pop up when u push it, but stays on the screen
Screen unlock only pushes up letters
My keyboard can't be downloaded, stuck with ENG US now

On the other hand, store now updates apps, only motion data and nokia acc throw an error. And data sense now works for me again, finally. Live tiles work better, show more info. I think that all the apps work now.

Ron Vin

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all just one day after the upgrade on my Lumia 930 I can confirm that it is a lot much smoother than my previous 10436 or what was the number. The upgrade was a bit long and I had problems identifying myself couldn't receive the SMS only via the phone. After that all went well and the backup restore was pretty smooth. All my apps including amazon app are now working fine. The battery seems a lot better for now. You have questions about the camera well the Lumia Camera now shows up twice in the listing as you can see in the pics and when clicking the Camera app I have the opp to record 4K video up to 3840x2160/30 fps. When I tap on the blue icon this message appears "A BETTER CAMERA" And yes it does record with sound. But it only allows digital video stabilization no optical but it seems very smooth. I`ll come back with more.

wp_ss_20151022_0002.jpgwp_ss_20151022_0001.jpg.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
On my L830 after a few hours of use and testing. Fully reset after install.

Video is working on Microsoft Camera (with audio) but broken on Lumia Camera. It doesn't record at all.

Motion Data is broken. Crashes when trying to open the setting. There is also an update that keeps failing in the store for this.

Glance Screen setting is broken. Crashes when trying to open.

I'm also seeing a very strange issue with the display. Intermittently, for a brief second, the screen flashes black then returns to normal.

Microsoft Photo Plug-In continuously updates itself every time I check for updates. Even though it does so successfully according to the install message.

Performance seems good. Phone is not running hot. Need to see how the battery life performs.

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on 10549, which is working reasonably well, but one problem I noted is with the PIN/password needed to remove the lock screen. (My work email settings require me to use a PIN, unlike 99 percent of most users). In 10549, regardless of the settings, it often asks me for a PIN every time I swipe the screen, even just a few seconds apart. Anyone having issues like this in 10572?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Been running this on a 1320, and am thoroughly enjoying it. Very stable. Not had the glance issue that some have had. Display is fine, no unusual flashes like on previous build. I'm not a camera user, but took a few snaps. Camera opened quickly and worked, although I haven't a clue about the finer points.

I had one 'hang / crash'. Whilst loading store, became totally unresponsive. Quick reset and it has been as good as gold ever since.

Battery is pretty darn good using 49% over the past 12 hours with a mix of browsing, calls and texts, and an hours navigating. Not bad at all.

The only downside? It took me all day yesterday to get it installed!! On the 1320 it takes 90 mins on the 'gears'. It then flashed up Nokia, and that was it. Bootloop. Thankfully, WDRT pick it up in the UEFI option. Second time, all installed ok but when ever you pressed the back button the screen would have a hissy fit, looking like a shot of hundreds and thousands on a cake! Reset again, and after another 2 hours, it finally took. Worth the aggro? Er......actually, yes it was, although part of that was probably down to the achievement of actually getting the thing installed!

Ian Legarda

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
On my L830 after a few hours of use and testing. Fully reset after install.

Video is working on Microsoft Camera (with audio) but broken on Lumia Camera. It doesn't record at all.

Motion Data is broken. Crashes when trying to open the setting. There is also an update that keeps failing in the store for this.

Glance Screen setting is broken. Crashes when trying to open.

I'm also seeing a very strange issue with the display. Intermittently, for a brief second, the screen flashes black then returns to normal.

Microsoft Photo Plug-In continuously updates itself every time I check for updates. Even though it does so successfully according to the install message.

Performance seems good. Phone is not running hot. Need to see how the battery life performs.

I echo the same sentiments EXCEPT: Battery life is still pretty bad for me compared to both 8.1 and build 10535 or whatever that build number was.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky