Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Current build is miles ahead of last build. Been running it on my L920 since release, or 2 hours after to be more accurate. Battery life is very good, interface is much more responsive, far fewer "resumings", no issues with apps so far outside of the acknowledged official issues other than Glance. IT works but I have been unable to install the update which spits out an error. All other apps have updated without issue. Having said all that I was extremely disappointed that after installing 10572 my L920 did not turn into a 950xl. What's with that and when will my preorder ship? Isn't it November yet? :wink:

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 1520 and it went fine.
When I updated my wife's Lumia 1520 last night she had a black screen for a while after one of the reboots but I left it alone and then it eventually displayed that it was doinhe final setup "almost there" or whatever and then it finished.

It seems ave made my 1520 faster and I noticed some new features.
I don't see the Lumia camera app in the store but the default Micrisoft camera seems to have the features in it and also has LENS spprt as well.

Now if my phone didn't recently get plagued with the "Phantom Touch" issue things would be about perfect. :-(

DrPuppy

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Build 10572 working great here on my 1520.
A few issues though:
Battery life when in use isn't that great (maybe my battery is reaching it's limits now?). Idle battery seems to be good.
Lots of stuff already mentioned by people already (motion data, glance screen).
Phone is a slow to open after entering passcode on lock.
Had an issue where I couldn't pull down the action menu at all, just stuck with the color bar just barely visible, required restart.
I got a phone call, went to answer and my phone rebooted.
All that aside, this is a very nice build. I started second guessing myself a bit before this build, wondering about Android (I know! I know! :cry:), but my confidence was restored and assured. Those who are curious should check it out.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
640XL here. Great build. Much snappier than previous builds. Only issues are the ones that were listed in the blog post. Finally glance is stable on my phone. All Extras show and work. My font resolution issues (bad resolution at any text scaling) disappeared as well. Looking good.

mattybsrs

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay, after two days I can say a little bit more..

Video recording via Lumia Camera/Lumia Camera Beta is broken. Microsoft Camera doesn't capture sound.

Opening any photo editor via Photos is impossible (immediate crash)

Unable to update motion data.

MyTube (Beta for w10) video playback is broken - black screen+sound only.

Facebook Beta is often throwing errors on startup, also shows wrong count of new posts on newsfeed (always 7 in my case)

NextGen Reader is very laggy.

Windows Central app is a joke since few months on 8.1 also. Throwing a lot of errors (wi-fi/3g tested) doesn't fetch comments, problems loading content. It's even worse on WIN10M.

Plenty of other apps are crashing on startup or are working improperly.

Overall, it's a decent piece of software, but still feels like 2-3 builds away from RTM.

Same for me on most points, but has anyone had issues with Driving Mode? It just doesn't work, and hasn't on the last few builds. Drives me crazy trying to listen to music via BT and getting constant text alerts.

tgirv4

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
This build feels almost as fast and fluid as 8.1 but I am seeing quicker battery drain than I'd like (Cortana?). The only other issue I've had is motion data being stuck in the store with error 0x803F8006 - but apparently others are having the same problem. I'm running a 640 XL dual sim (without a 2nd sim) as my daily driver, from Canada, with location etc. set to US to enable Cortana. My 830 running 10572 has the same issue. It feels like we're closing in on RTM territory.

shamjotisati

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I tried it but it is not showing my text messages. It showed a few messages which I sent out in 2012. And nothing else. I had been waiting since yesterday but still no messages appearing :crying:

maka1105

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Do not instal any app on memory card until phone recognize card and ask you to store files on mem card. Than you will not have unavailable apps problem.

Last edited:

amol kedar

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I have installed it yesterday and feels like we can use it as daily driver but having some bugs like I m not able to open audio setting given under extras.
Also unable to add reminder in cortana it throws me out to home screen.
Sometimes notification panel nevers slides out when u pull it down.
Another issue I have found is that you can not play ringtones before selecting them, when u click on play icon it just select that file as ringtone.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I initially rolled back to WP 8.1, upgraded to the new build and then did a hard reset. I lost access to Glance settings and, like so many others, was unable to install the Australian speech files for Cortana. In then rolled back to WP 8.1 and upgraded again but did not do a hard reset. I now have Glance settings and I was able to download the Australian speech files, so Cortana now has an Australian accent on my phone. Performance is definitely better in most areas too.

jmagwp

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Same for me on most points, but has anyone had issues with Driving Mode? It just doesn't work, and hasn't on the last few builds. Drives me crazy trying to listen to music via BT and getting constant text alerts.

Driving mode has never worked on any build of W10M for me. I rolled back to 8.1 because of it. Well, that's not the only reason, but it's a big reason.

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Still a complete POC in my opinion, upon completely reloading the OS and attempting to use Cortana the first thing you are required to do is download a speech pack, can this not be included in the install? App updates when entering the store still generate an error, on retry apps update below snails pace. 3+ hours to do a rollback and get everything installed and the device isn't at a usable state. And spare me the "its a beta" line because launch day is about two steps away!

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Still a complete POC in my opinion, upon completely reloading the OS and attempting to use Cortana the first thing you are required to do is download a speech pack, can this not be included in the install? App updates when entering the store still generate an error, on retry apps update below snails pace. 3+ hours to do a rollback and get everything installed and the device isn't at a usable state. And spare me the "its a beta" line because launch day is about two steps away!

You're right. Plain and simple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss