Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but I need to make sure. Have you tried WhatsApp/FaceBook/Messenger?

I haven't tried WhatsApp, yet. However, in my testing, I've found Facebook Beta works but Messenger doesn't. Also, Messenger, doesn't work as a double-wide tile (correction wide tile; thanks chasvs).

wp_ss_20151023_0001.jpg

Last edited:

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting to hear from other members on their experience prior for me to install the build. I
don't like the idea of having to go back to 8.1 to install a build, the last 3 builds installs had to
do it.

The last builds had to many things wrong, friends ask members who have the builds get questions
from their friends and that's what hurts the Windows phone sales. People find out that most
apps coming out, are not for the Windows phone. TV channels apps, bank apps, security apps,
are some of the apps not available. To get a market share, Window phone needs to have the
apps available, because people don't want to have 2 phones in order to have the use of the apps.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed that the mobile hotspot UI displays a sweet little table of client info. Nicely done.
That's something I absolutely love! Nice to be able to track who in the house is leaching the internet from you. Yeah, they have the password in my house.
Based from the posts here looks like this build STILL doesn't work well with the 520 and other 512MB devices. Sad. I was so excited to try out Windows 10 Mobile after Dan said on his video that this build is the best and most stable build yet.

Well, I guess the waiting game continues! If there's one thing Microsoft taught me, it's definitely the word patience.
I think the 520 issue is mostly the processing power more so than the memory. I've got it on my 635 with 512MB, and it is running great with no issues except the known bugs.
I also have it on my 640 with 1GB RAM, and the biggest difference I notice is the screen size. The speed of it seems to be pretty much the same on both, pretty much the way it was between the 2 phones on 8.1.

However, I'd hold off on putting it on a 520, especially if it is your only phone.

Stuck on 0549.4 , cant roll back to 8.1 due to lack of windows 7 on the pc ( yes still rocking xp).
any chance if this current build can be directly updated from 0549.4?

Lumia 1020
No, THIS build cannot be directly updated from that build. However, we're supposed to be getting a new build, possibly within the next week, that will upgrade from it. Sit tight, all will work out soon.

Ian Legarda

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 830. I had to go back to 8.1. Way to many bugs on my device that I could live with. I tried to convince myself to stick with it till Tuesday (next build) but it's just to buggy for me to use as a main device.

Prady Z

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey could you please explain 435 steps in detail? mine 435 restarts with microsoft text then blue windows logo - after this screen just sleeps. nothing happened.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried WhatsApp, yet. However, in my testing, I've found Facebook Beta works but Messenger doesn't. Also, Messenger, doesn't work as a double-wide tile.

View attachment 114985

Thanks for your help. I think we can confirm this as a bug judging by the number of people facing it... FaceBook Beta may work, but the Non-Beta version doesn't. No Wide Tile, plus no Tile Notifications... Just like the rest...

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey could you please explain 435 steps in detail? mine 435 restarts with microsoft text then blue windows logo - after this screen just sleeps. nothing happened.

Give it 5 - 10 minutes. We all had the same thing. Black screen for a while. Personally, I didn't wait. I restarted it! :)

Aldrich Uyliong

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
My experience with 10572 is that this has been a massive improvement. To begin, the "loading..." start screen bug has been well and truly squashed. This may be illusion, but I've also seen a massive improvement with my Lumia 1520's battery life. In Windows 8.1 and previous builds, it always felt like the 2.2 GHZ processor was vampiring too much juice. With regular usage during my 15 min cigarette breaks and 1 hour lunch at work, I see my 1520 with about 60% left by the end of the day. Now I end the day with the same amount of usage at about 87-90%. It's a lot closer to the kind of battery life my previous 1320 spoiled me with. If Gabe Aul's promise of even better battery life on 10575 comes to pass, I will be over the moon and back.

That said, there are still some very minor issues related to various apps that need to be fixed such as the flickering that happens during video playback on the For the Love of Tech app.

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
572 is SO much better and faster. Better battery life as well. Smoother, less loading. Notification bar animation is finally spot on. Better overall experience, with one major frustration:
1) Cortana crashes EVERY time I enter a search term. Goes to "Thinking" and boom back to the Start Page. I have to open Edge and type a search term into the address bar to search the web for anything.

and a couple minor ones:
2) My Facebook works, as does Messenger, but the Live Tile text and picture is fuzzy. It wasn't in the 549 version. Odd--it's the only tile that is not crystal clear.

3) Back in 8.1, I could pin a web page to my Start Page and a screen capture of the page would serve as the live tile, no matter the live tile size. I could easily look at my phone and see the logo or screen capture of whatever site the tile represented. Now every single webpage live tile (shortcut) I pin to the Start Page is identical--a blue square with the Edge logo. Larger tiles have the site title on them in very small text, but smaller tiles are just a blue E. I hate it! There is no point to pinning pages if i don't know what they are when I see the Tile!

DeanoWC

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure Cortana would play music by a particular artist before, but now it just loads up a search results in Bing when I say something like "Play The Beach Boys"?

Tactik

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
10549 worked pretty flawless for me. In this version I cannot get it to connect to my work exchange 365 email and calendar. I think it is a little slower for me. Groove is not as smooth at playing music from one drive, get skipping for the first 10 seconds of the song.

Overall though Windows Mobile 10 is far better than 8.1, much more refined and polished.

DMCarver

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
3) Back in 8.1, I could pin a web page to my Start Page and a screen capture of the page would serve as the live tile, no matter the live tile size. I could easily look at my phone and see the logo or screen capture of whatever site the tile represented. Now every single webpage live tile (shortcut) I pin to the Start Page is identical--a blue square with the Edge logo. Larger tiles have the site title on them in very small text, but smaller tiles are just a blue E. I hate it! There is no point to pinning pages if i don't know what they are when I see the Tile!

Totally agree with you on this one... regarding pinning the web pages. A small thing but annoying.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone raving about it being more responsive than ever is full of sh1t!

I am most definitely not full of sh1t, and it is more responsive. The notification center slides down first try, pausing the music from the lock screen doesn't take two seconds to respond, the lock screen number pad opens immediately, apps open faster (particularly Podcast Lounge), etc. So, your statement is pretty ignorant unless you've used everyone's phone yourself.

Do I think there are people having performance issues? Absolutely. Are there other issues? Yep. I still don't have old text messages showing up after two days. But to say that anyone raving about it being more responsive is a pretty broad, general statement that I can personally say is not true, because my 640 is running really well with a few issues, but performance is NOT one of them.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone raving about it being more responsive than ever is full of sh1t!

I am sorry you're having issues, but it doesn't make others liars. This is a much more responsive build. I think your problem is the ROM you're going back to when flashing to 8.1.

(Agree totally with jdballard)

Still a complete POC in my opinion, upon completely reloading the OS and attempting to use Cortana the first thing you are required to do is download a speech pack, can this not be included in the install? App updates when entering the store still generate an error, on retry apps update below snails pace. 3+ hours to do a rollback and get everything installed and the device isn't at a usable state. And spare me the "its a beta" line because launch day is about two steps away!

I've never had to install a language pack, cause I went straight back to a UK ROM. My OCD wouldn't let me go back to the US one, that WDRT offers up.

What device do you have? Also, country and carrier variant?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99