Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

Checkoff

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: build 10572

My Lumia 520 after this update, i got lot of issue regarding of apps. Facebook, 6 tag and twitter are not working properly. they only just loading in logo and nothing happens. other issue is the Block and Filter... this one is keep downloading in Store even successfully installed. The lock screen image are still as you unlocking. I already done hard reset on my phone. I hope Microsoft (Gabe) will have an option to opt out a device when they release the official one. My Lumia 520 totally rejecting this Window 10. I know that Windows 10 is in Beta phase but it so frustrating that every beta build can't fix and some are worsen. I rather than to stay in 8.1 if they will accept my decision and never forcing everybody's device.

As you said. Its B E T A
Nobody will force you to do anything so just relax if you dont like the PREVIEW, dont use it!

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
OK, I am admitting that when I read about this ability, I wasn't adequately "moved" by it.

But I just tried it out:

Surface Pro 2 running 10565 with a Satechi Cortana button (gives Hey Cortana function even if Hey Cortana isn't working)
Lumia 1520 running 10572

"text Brenda Lambert I love you baby!"

In the messaging app on the Surface, I saw "I love you baby"
In the messaging app on the 1520, I saw it there too.

About 30 seconds later BOTH messaging apps showed "Well that's good honey, cuz you are my man!"

Note: My wife of 33 years. Maybe that really is her name. Maybe it isn't
I see where Microsoft is going. I am in command of my communication with "my world" seamlessly. It's just crazy powerful

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
The performance seems great. I have found the OS to be very responsive and smooth, but more importantly, stable.

And then to think about the fact that 2 builds ago the whiners where complaining about Microsoft not being able to release a good build so close to release date....

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Time to upgrade to iOS 9.1 - 45 mins
Time to roll-back, upgrade, reset, restore, download apps for 10572 - hours and hours

C'mon MSFT!

9.1 already? 1 month after 9 came out?
And some releases already in between...

Looks like they are bringing out public releases to fix bugs faster then MS is doing inside releases in the fast ring!

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I wish I stayed at 549, that build (for me) was far superior to 572. :(
For some reason my people app now has bigger circles, facebook stays at medium sized tiles, all my texts have gone, it doesn't know any of my wifi passwords, motion data won't update - and infact anything that uses motion data doesn't work.
Real **** poor update this one :unhappysweat:

Saurabh Vaidya

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Well after reading latest update article regarding windows 10 mobile pointing out to be the one most stable or fast or responsive version of w10m till now.. Decided to try on my Lumia 1320 which I use regularly. Apart from it I ve installed previous build of w10m on my Lumia 535...bit dint had that much time to revert back to 8.1 and again on windows 10 mobile.

So been 3 days.. Battery is getting drained so much faster than I thought. Also takes way longer to charge to 100% than WP8.1.

Always whether you use it or not phone will remain warm and will increase as you use it.

As using 6" scree, when switching apps and closing background apps is much irritating. All the time I have to drag the app screen to the bottom to close it or hit the tiny little cross in the corner to terminate the app running in background. Yes and it is bad that back button is not doing it's job properly as it was on wp8.1.

Not always but after swiping to unlock,the screen freezes and I had to restart my phone. Don't know why it is like that.

Loading screens takes much lesser time to hide
Which is good that apps aren't taking long to open.

Show more tiles option is useless when you are using #tileart like apps to decorate your start screen.

Background activities are not working properly for some apps like WhatsApp for me.
Background agent isn't working fine for me in this build. Don't know anyone else having same issue.

That's it for now.
Will come back here with more issues.

deathmetal

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
This is a very good build, compared to the others - at least on my 1520. Fast and responsive, and good battery life (after a hard reset).

The only thing that isn't working for me is OneDrive Sync for photos. I've tried switching uploading on/off, and nothing seems to work.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey I am lovvin this one!

Put it on Lab Rat (my white 635 I use for this stuff) and it was so clean I finally took the plunge and put it on my 930 Lumia which is my primary daily phone.

Rockin' away and not looking back now.

On the latter though, everything seemed fine so I thought I would not have to reset. However, Groove only picked up less than 1/3 of my owned music files. Soft reset didn't work. So plunged and hard reset - and this AM restored all of my apps, photos and music. After the hard reset, Groove picked everything up beautifully.

I think MS has a winner finally!

PS: Feem Pro works on this build!!! (kept crashing on the '49)

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Put it on my backup 925. Install went smooth. First preview try, so I can't judge it it against any of the others.

1. Miss Lumia camera, still getting the yellow tint in the photos. The camera has locked up a few times. Had to close it and open it again.

2. Lock screen delay. The longer it sits idle the longer the delay.

3. Quick action. I went to change the screen rotation lock for the quick actions in settings. It would pause for a couple seconds then crash and revert to the start screen. Only happens with the third from the left square. Others worked fine.

4. Store scrolling. Not smooth.

5. Miss Here Drive.

6. Battery runs a lot cooler. Still not sure about battery life yet.

7. Came from ATT 8.1 no denim. Miss the day and date on the glance screen.

Question - did you hard-reset after installation? Most are having good success with this.

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey I am lovvin this one!

Put it on Lab Rat (my white 635 I use for this stuff) and it was so clean I finally took the plunge and put it on my 930 Lumia which is my primary daily phone.

Rockin' away and not looking back now.

On the latter though, everything seemed fine so I thought I would not have to reset. However, Groove only picked up less than 1/3 of my owned music files. Soft reset didn't work. So plunged and hard reset - and this AM restored all of my apps, photos and music. After the hard reset, Groove picked everything up beautifully.

I think MS has a winner finally!

PS: Feem Pro works on this build!!! (kept crashing on the '49)

Just curious, did you experience any issue with this build seeing your SD card? I have a 635 as well and had issues with the SD card being found. I'm wondering if this is device related or just my bad luck. Lol.

kangeles

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Have this build on my 830. I ave a 64GB MicroSDXC card that is doing just fine. Also, as far as quality, it is the best experience so far. We're getting close very close to RTM quality I feel.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
And then to think about the fact that 2 builds ago the whiners where complaining about Microsoft not being able to release a good build so close to release date....

I wasn't a whiner about it, but I did have my concerns about their ability to ship a good product and expressed them in a few posts. Maybe the desktop pre-release versions prior to the desktop Windows 10 release spoiled me, but it seemed the early desktop versions were much more stable than the early versions of the phone. Of course desktop wasn't a complete rebuild, either.

This build, even with some quirks has allayed some of my concerns but I still have a few. The number of dual SIM issues combined with broken things like visual voicemail and missing message history makes me go "hmmm". That said, in development, sometimes the big issues are easier than the small ones, and sometimes things just come together in the end, so we'll see.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Did a hard reset along with fresh installations of apps. I still cannot get 6tag to work! The app opens but hangs on it's intro screen.

Any suggestions?

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My experience with this build (10572) has been overall good. A couple of bugs here and there, I even dare to use this build as my daily driver with no big problems. I've just been through a couple of reboots of my device, I think these were due to Glance or Double tap to wake issues because it was the exact point where those happened. I've had a couple of app crashes on File Explorer when moving several files. When I delete a thread of messages I receive a gray screen with no options. This build has been the fastest so far for both Lumia 640 XL and Lumia 630 phones that I have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss