Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Isn't there an option in w10m where after scrolling, you can press a shortcut and it'll bring back to the top of the page? Like in iOS, where if you press the top of the screen, you'll jump to the top of the list? I could've sworn I read that somewhere.

nehijene

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Build 10572 is the best build of all. It is fast and fluid. All things works okay from all my test this past 2 days. I have it running on my lumia 640 and 635 and both works very well.
The only thing I noticed that is not working is the screen capture. It will not save.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Working well on my Lumia Icon. Hope to stay with this and future builds as my DD device. Stable enough that I think it will be good enough and only get better from here!

seasidepb

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
It's working pretty well on my 630. For some reason it's not showing any mail notifications, and I've had a couple of bits of strange behaviour when making calls, but three days in all seems pretty usable still. Battery life is not quite as good as 8.1, but again much better than anything before. Nor have I had to do any kind of reset... just made sure my 8.1 installation was pretty clean and complete before pressing the upgrade button. Haven't tried to load any apps onto the SD card, but yes, I think it's nearly there. And the Cortana link for missed calls/text response on the desktop is pretty damned cool..

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone that didn't do a hard reset after the update and has the browser favorites/read it later sync working in mobile Edge? Mine is still greyed out and won't let me turn it on. It says "Some Windows features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account. Anyone else's greyed out?"

12ColourPencils

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Installed it on my Lumia 635. It is so much improved compared to 10549. Had to roll back to windows 8.1. Had another mandatory 8.1 update. Installed 10572. Had another mandatory update. Then hard reset and reinstalled all my app. It was a 7 hours process -_-

It's running so much faster. "resuming" and "loading" still there but much much improved. Favourites from edge is synced from PC. Camera definitely load much faster. And Lumia Camera app installed itself and is again a full working app. Though I'm use to using Windows Camera now. So far so good, let's see if the build degrade after a few more days like with build 10549.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone that didn't do a hard reset after the update and has the browser favorites/read it later sync working in mobile Edge? Mine is still greyed out and won't let me turn it on. It says "Some Windows features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account. Anyone else's greyed out?"
Mine is greyed out too. Definitely signed in with a MS account.

BAQ920

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
So the forum topic is how is Build 10572 - hows it working for you? Well I've been running various preview releases on my 930 for several months but today I will most likely flash back to official 8.1 for this phone and pass it on to someone else. This build for me finally shows me where Windows Mobile 10 is heading and it really isn't going to go anywhere. All that Microsoft has achieved with these builds is demonstrating a flashier UI and how good its own new apps (Outlook, Calender, People and Office) will run under the new OS but there is very little else in reality to offer. The overall app environment has not been resolved and is actually shrinking plus VPN support is still very weak. The idea that universal apps will save the platform is just pure fantasy. Everyone knows that tablet sales have slumped and PC sales are down and these are the devices that Microsoft is relying on to generate demand for these types of apps (I don't know of anyone who actually uses an app in Windows 8 or 10 as they are just so simplistic and limited on that platform). What is driving app development is in the mobile space where larger smart phones are cannibalising PC and tablets sales. Getting back to this build, the ability to side load Android apk's has been removed (so any hope of fixing the app issue is gone) and now messaging is integrated with Skype whether you want it or not (now I'm getting random invite notifications to add unknown Skype users to my address book). Windows Mobile 8.1 was released in Apr 2014. In that time, Android has gone from ver 4.4.3 to ver 6.0 whereas in that time Microsoft hasn't had any major updates and still doesn't have an actual release date for Mobile 10. They're just not serious about the platform. The best option would have been to port their own version of Android with their own launcher and store so Google apps could have been available for Microsoft immediately. Oh, hang on, they already did that (the Nokia X project) but they killed that off! I love Windows Mobile and have used many different handsets for over 3 years. However, time to get real and switch the lights off.

Estefferson

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
This build is the best for sure. But im noticing problems when I'm trying to access the media library from an app like whatsapp and messenger. It shows a gallery of the wp8/8.1 and says there aren't any photos or videos.

The camera is faster but sometimes It's buggy and keep saving a photo and don't stop until I finish the app manually.

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I've upgraded to 10572 as well from roll back but I have no text messages showing at all and I have many! Did hard reset and still nothing. Have I lost them now because I think the phone did a back up just now with no text messages to back up. Could my messages still be available in my account?

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
There were some updates for a few of the Microsoft applications this evening. I guess one of them must have been for Block and Filter, it has now finally updated correctly. I no longer keep getting the update appear in the store.

Gavinr98

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
For the first time it looks like I might continue to use this build. All previous builds have been pretty bad until now! Running on my 1520 and it is running very well. Still a few bugs here and there but am impressed with the improvements.

Achy

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
for me everything is working hummm a little slow, although i own a 535 dual sim lumia but getting a lot of loading screens, also whatsapp is not letting me to change the size of the text even after changing dpi in the phone settings

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
This is the first time I have to rollback to 8.1 and use it again as a daily driver.. This build is to buggy for my L535.

Will wait for the next build.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Running awesome one Lumia 1020, a few very minor issues, groove songs seem to skip but if I restart the song is fine but it's very consistent,other players no issue,also OneDrive isn't uploading photos very well I have to double check and have had to manually upload them , Lumia camera is back and very effective, overall Great build and very usable for daily driver.

I I tried to install this version but ..
1) after the Nokia logo black screen
2) I tried to do a variety of soft-reset and at some point it worked .. ignition time 10 minutes
3) setting does not work (to try a hard reset)
4) when opened, for a few seconds, settings seemed to windows 8.1
I went back to Windows 8.1

All other versions they have never given these problems.

mayur777

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Is there any one facing problem for downloading update:-
wp_ss_20151023_0001.png

i am facing it from last 48hours.
after 95% it cancels it throws error.

xpressoz

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm at the third reset after the hard reset for this build but still same issues on a 730:
- the messenger app close it self when i want to enter tha conversation with someone and give a reply to an SMS
- the tile for the second sim apears every time even if i unpin it with the sim on, disabled or nothing in (LE: linking tiles will do the trick for both for now)
- error on updateing motion data - error 0x803F8006 (acknowledged issue for this build by G Aul)

Last edited:

Ankit Yadav4

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Having Build 10572 from 2 days as daily driver on Lumia 625 ( Dual Core & 512 Mb RAM) ..Here are the issues..
1. Every Core app ( Messaging,phone,people, Settings etc.) shows loading.... for few seconds.
2. Phone Hangs & become unresponsive occasionally. (may be 10 times in 2 days)
3. Phone heating issues.
4. Store doesn't load in slow network.
5. My few old apps (zomato,hungama,gaana) are not working.. only crashing on opening.
6. Battery performance is not so good.
7. Groove Music performance is not so good..sluggish and playback is not so smooth.
8. Overall performance is 50 % of the 8.1. & 50 % more improvement needed for making RTM for low end devices.

Overall impression is not suitable as daily driver in lower specs phone.(I didn't tested it on any high end device)
So people using phones with 512 ram & lower processor, please don't install it on your daily driver. Wait for atleast 2 more builds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos