Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I fear WP10 will not work fluid as 8.1 on 512MB devices. WP10 is so much more features packed that it needs more RAM.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine is greyed out too. Definitely signed in with a MS account.

So, your browser favorites sync is greyed out too? Did you hard reset after installation? Just trying to find out if that's the problem. I didn't and the build has been working perfectly for me, except this one problem. So id rather not hard reset if I dint really have to.

rededarsho

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with Cortana as Danilo. This really is an issue on 10572. I'm located in Norway and I've had Cortana work on both 8.1 and Preview (by doing the usual stuff). After this update I'm able to change region in the settings menu, but when I restart as prompted, the phone reverts back to Norway. I have no idea why this happens but it might have something to do with the region selected in your Microsoft profile.

What I do not know if this is expected behaviour or a bug. If it's expected this means that users in countries which do not yet have Cortana is unable to use the app/service.

im from iran and the same thing happens to me. really annoying. since store is not reachable from iran, i cant do anything after it switches back. someone on a local site suggested that i should remove sim and do a hard reset, go through setup and after phone is ready and running then i should put sim back in. He is not responding anymore so that i can ask him if the solution is really working till now.

Eli Sagie

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Could not revert my 735 to 8.1! :cry:
Using Windows Device Recovery Tool 3.0.1 on 3 different computer switching 3 different USB cables - it is always failing with no meaningful error message.
I tried everything, currently there is NOT WP 8.1 for me, stuck with 10536 :straight:.
I guess I'll have to wait for the next build (>10572) which hopefully will upgrade on the fly. :eck:

Mick Lord

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Much better than the last build but still has one really bad bug on Mobile Hotspot - It drops the connection whenever it locks the phone, so sat here in the coffee shop I have to remember to touch the phone every couple of minutes to stop it locking - very very annoying!

hasanajouz

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Anybody have this issue:
When I put region "USA" it will automatically change to "Lebanon" so I lost cortana and Store changes to arabic.
I tried turning location off that didn't happen.

kipet999

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Running this bad boy on my L640, minor issues, nothing serious. I could use this build for months. Only problem is the motion data app that is stuck in the store with the 0x803F8006 error, but motion tracking works anyway.

Installed from a clean W8.1, made a hard reset and then restored settings from the last build.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Much better than the last build but still has one really bad bug on Mobile Hotspot - It drops the connection whenever it locks the phone, so sat here in the coffee shop I have to remember to touch the phone every couple of minutes to stop it locking - very very annoying!

set lock screen timeout period to 30minutes or just completely turn it off. You can turn it on again once you leave the coffee shop :)

gachie geofrey

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
After the upgrade to the current build ,i didn't managed to have sms backup restored to the Lumia 730 Dual sim.
I however got someone who had posted instructions on how to view the messages on a web browser .I am happy to report that i have managed to view them all.I need them for reference especially since the contain some info that i refer to.To view the SMS on your Hotmail/live/outlook account please follow the steps below.

Gear - Options -Manage categories-For contcats check "Show in folder pane".

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
In case you didn't know, I just realized I could listen Web Radio on Edge while using other apps :D that means it's like on Desktop :3

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Using Windows Device Recovery Tool 3.0.1 on 3 different computer switching 3 different USB cables - it is always failing with no meaningful error message.
I tried everything, currently there is NOT WP 8.1 for me, stuck with 10536 :straight:.
I guess I'll have to wait for the next build (>10572) which hopefully will upgrade on the fly. :eck:

Try lumia recovery tool or nokia software updater

Aldrich Uyliong

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Facebook and Messenger app seems to be currently broken. It just started today. Messenger crashes before loading while FB crashes 5 seconds after loading. Anyone know what's going on?

UPDATE: A simple reboot fixed the issue. I'm back to loving this build.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Can't edit photos when I'm in the photos app. Lumia creative studio gives an error before the app has even loaded. Other apps don't open at all

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Having Build 10572 from 2 days as daily driver on Lumia 625 ( Dual Core & 512 Mb RAM) ..Here are the issues..
1. Every Core app ( Messaging,phone,people, Settings etc.) shows loading.... for few seconds. --> I don't have this problem.
2. Phone Hangs & become unresponsive occasionally. (may be 10 times in 2 days) --> Been running it since it came out, and not a single crash/freeze.
3. Phone heating issues. --> Seriously? This is the first version of Windows Phone that ACTUALLY does not over heat.
4. Store doesn't load in slow network. --> Don't know about this one.
5. My few old apps (zomato,hungama,gaana) are not working.. only crashing on opening. --> No idea.
6. Battery performance is not so good. --> I agree with you on that one, although the phone does not even get warm, the battery still drains on its own....
7. Groove Music performance is not so good..sluggish and playback is not so smooth. --> It's the App itself, not the OS. Groove has always been buggy. Just like 8.1's Music app when it first came out.
8. Overall performance is 50 % of the 8.1. & 50 % more improvement needed for making RTM for low end devices. --> Overall performance is literally 95%. Everything is flawless. Except for the tiles/notifications which has been mentioned numerously in this post.

Overall impression is not suitable as daily driver in lower specs phone.(I didn't tested it on any high end device)
So people using phones with 512 ram & lower processor, please don't install it on your daily driver. Wait for atleast 2 more builds. --> I'd advise everyone to install it. If you don't care that much about the Live-Tiles, and Hotspot bugs, which are currently probably the only bugs left...(There maybe more bugs that I didn't face yet...)

Last edited:

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

I used the Nokia Care Suite and manually flashed an 8.1 Rom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire