Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Much better than the last build but still has one really bad bug on Mobile Hotspot - It drops the connection whenever it locks the phone, so sat here in the coffee shop I have to remember to touch the phone every couple of minutes to stop it locking - very very annoying!

God bless you, man. I've been searching for this one since forever. No one seems to notice it, it's frustrating. It's been this way since like 5-6 builds back, even before the build the Hotspot was actually not working.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
set lock screen timeout period to 30minutes or just completely turn it off. You can turn it on again once you leave the coffee shop :)

Really? That's your solution? This issue has been around since like W10M's first build. And no one said anything about it until now. I posted about it like a million times and no one replied. Yours is not a solution, I won't keep my screen on to drain more battery on top of the Hotspot's...

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Facebook and Messenger app seems to be currently broken. It just started today. Messenger crashes before loading while FB crashes 5 seconds after loading. Anyone know what's going on?

UPDATE: A simple reboot fixed the issue. I'm back to loving this build.

The Apps work, but their Tiles don't.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Put it on my backup 925. Install went smooth. First preview try, so I can't judge it it against any of the others.

1. Miss Lumia camera, still getting the yellow tint in the photos. The camera has locked up a few times. Had to close it and open it again. --> No idea.

2. Lock screen delay. The longer it sits idle the longer the delay. --> Never faced that issue.

3. Quick action. I went to change the screen rotation lock for the quick actions in settings. It would pause for a couple seconds then crash and revert to the start screen. Only happens with the third from the left square. Others worked fine. --> I had this bug a couple of builds back, but it's no longer here... Although I think waiting like 3 seconds after setting each toggle will do.

4. Store scrolling. Not smooth. --> Give it time to load the page, we all faced this issue.

5. Miss Here Drive. --> I don't use it.

6. Battery runs a lot cooler. Still not sure about battery life yet. --> If you're referring to the heating issues which comes from the Processor (Camera area) not the Battery, yes, It doesn't get hot anymore. But the Battery still drains itself randomly.

7. Came from ATT 8.1 no denim. Miss the day and date on the glance screen. --> You have to set that in the Glance App. Which can't be installed on this build, no idea why, but they're working on it according to Mr. Aul.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed that Notifications don't show up on the lockscreen, you know, below the date area. I have my Apps set up and everything. Can anybody confirm this?

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed that Notifications don't show up on the lockscreen, you know, below the date area. I have my Apps set up and everything. Can anybody confirm this?

For some apps, yes. As an example...I don't get Twitter notifications there. Only on the status bar.

Anyway....

3 days later and things are still pretty good. However, I'm noticing more app crashes now. And Live tiles seem to begin to fail after a while...sometimes a reboot cures that, sometimes not.

Still need to put in some feedback on a couple of things. Outlook Calendar in particular: That app is just driving me nuts.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
After the upgrade to the current build ,i didn't managed to have sms backup restored to the Lumia 730 Dual sim.
I however got someone who had posted instructions on how to view the messages on a web browser .I am happy to report that i have managed to view them all.I need them for reference especially since the contain some info that i refer to.To view the SMS on your Hotmail/live/outlook account please follow the steps below.

Gear - Options -Manage categories-For contcats check "Show in folder pane".

Didn't know this existed. thanks

kipet999

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Much better than the last build but still has one really bad bug on Mobile Hotspot - It drops the connection whenever it locks the phone, so sat here in the coffee shop I have to remember to touch the phone every couple of minutes to stop it locking - very very annoying!

I don't have this problem at all, I've done some testing 5min ago, works fine under lock screen. I'm sharing data on L640 dual sim to 2 androids and a wp8.1 device without any problems.

EL620

May 29, 2014
Visit site
10572 is functioning really well on my Lumia 822. But after restoring backup I'm seeing ghost entries of pending apps that are already installed. Edge crashes alot if sync is turned on.

Also if a new build is released, will 10572 upgrade successfully without me having to roll back to 8.1 first?

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
For some apps, yes. As an example...I don't get Twitter notifications there. Only on the status bar.

Anyway....

3 days later and things are still pretty good. However, I'm noticing more app crashes now. And Live tiles seem to begin to fail after a while...sometimes a reboot cures that, sometimes not.

Still need to put in some feedback on a couple of things. Outlook Calendar in particular: That app is just driving me nuts.

Alright then. Seems like the whole notifications system (Lockscreen, Glance, Tiles...) is messed up in this build, except for the pull down center...

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Windows 10 mobile as my daily driver on my Icon since July, and have been lucky enough to not experience anything major, usually one or two bugs per build. Dropping cell data has been a persistent one for a few builds now, but it's much better than it was a a few builds ago....down to once, maybe twice a day (and since it's the weekend I'll be on my home WiFi so it won't be an issue at all for a couple days :smile: )

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Really? That's your solution? This issue has been around since like W10M's first build. And no one said anything about it until now. I posted about it like a million times and no one replied. Yours is not a solution, I won't keep my screen on to drain more battery on top of the Hotspot's...

Just suggested a temporary solution. If you're using a pre-release software you CAN NOT expect that everything will be fine. Stick with 8.1 and use mobile hotspot.
Windows Insider is Microsoft's VOLUNTEER program. As long as Windows 10 Mobile isn't officially released you sir have no right to complain. ;)

PS. https://flightingservice.blob.core.windows.net/insidertermsofuse/_TermsOfUse.en-us.html

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Alright then. Seems like the whole notifications system (Lockscreen, Glance, Tiles...) is messed up in this build, except for the pull down center...

I don't have any problem with notifications on my L830, I suggest you do a hard reset and see if it solves your problem as it seems you are the only one with your problems .

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I just want the podcast app to download feeds again vs. having to stream them while driving. Every time I try to download one it crashes. It was working fine in the last fast ring release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo